>>>>>>Colorado Medical Marijuana Laws are changing<<<<<<

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jennyjenny

This is unreal. They issued business licenses and construction permits and THEN they changed the zoning after folks spent tens of thousands of $$ to get their certificates of occupancy.

I love it when they back off from their position in an attempt to appear reasonable - when they are really afraid of all the lawsuits that will fly if they force businesses to move.

eyecandi

eyecandi

This is unreal. They issued business licenses and construction permits and THEN they changed the zoning after folks spent tens of thousands of $$ to get their certificates of occupancy.

the issues go MUCH broader and deeper then you know. I know of one multi-million dollar facility that had to shut down after one harverst (not even a recovery of 20%), because the county changed their minds. how in the fuck do they get away with that BS???? i personally know of another situation where 2 businesses applied for permits within 2 days of each other, the 2nd one to apply recieved ALL the paperwork from the city/state to proceed, business spent tens of thousands in contruction/licensing only to recieve a letter 90% through the build process saying 'stop', another applicant has 1st right. excuse me?!?!?! at the Hearing, they admitted that there is NO WRITTEN RULE for 1st come/1st served, it's verbal. ummmm .... LAWS are not verbal, they are written down. Denver admitted liability with this, yet the MMC still lost the Hearing. ?!?!?!?! going to appeals of course, but what a bunch of crap. there are others with many horror stories out there. They need to pull their shit together and quit screwing the businesses.

sky high

sky high

Bottom line....if they recieve no challenge whatsoever as they blatantly piss on the Consitution and individual rights as stated under A20 and 1284 with a "12 plant limit" (legislation of individual rights is something that is not given under either legislation)......why would they stop their plundering in an area where they >do< have some sort of stated power...however TWISTED it may be??

wot a mess....

s h

O

Ohmgrown

I want to ask all of you a serious question.....
I hear mist of you complaining about, "oh so and so doesn't even have the records I do
to prove why they NEED pot, my record stack is so bug the doctor had to thumb through it" blah blah blah.
Marijuana is a beautiful, helpful, spiritual, medicinal herb that has been used for hundreds, even thousands of years!
It needs to be respected and appreciated. Not to say it's for everyone, but if someone has a reason- whatever it may be, to ingest cannabis, all the power to them. What is so wrong with that?
Do you think that anyone should be prosecuted for anything to
do with marijuana? Should people be fined, put in jail, have ruined records
all over pot? Many repeated child sex offenders get only probation.
Is this just? He'll no! But I want to know what you think.

C

canaguy27

Do you think that anyone should be prosecuted for anything to
do with marijuana? Should people be fined, put in jail, have ruined records
all over pot?

Never. It is a waste of time, money, and life.

sky high

sky high

(YOU doesn't mean "you" in my post..Ohmgrown)

I don't think anyone should be locked up for weed. EVER.

But by the same token..when voters pass a law that is supposed to help "X" amount of folks..it shouldn't be seen as an open invitation for those WHO FAIL TO TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILTY FOR THEIR ACTIONS to walk in, take over, do as they please...and EVENTUALLY..as we are seeing in Colorado/our MMJ program today...cause ADVERSE laws to be passed that TAKE AWAY THE RIGHTS OF THOSE WHO REALLY QUALIFY SO FOLKS WHO HAVE NO >>>TRUE<<<< NEED FOR MMJ can simply...like..wow...get high without worry of being popped.

That's bogus as fuck, IMO.

I'm over 50. Been smoking for 40 of those years and growing for over 20. Only 7 of those years have i had ANY protections. Look at my criminal record for proof. ALL pot offenses. Went though HELL...and I DON'T wanna see anyone else have the same thing happen...

but again....if you PLAY you should either be QUALIFIED or you should simply step up and be a MAN and take your chances outside the law that WASN'T CREATED FOR YOU.

As I ready to head to an attorney to PROTECT MY RIGHTS because of all of this BS/because of those who think there are no rules...I find it sad that so many have SO LITTLE RESPECT for the RIGHTS of others and are so fuckin selfish that they act as if thir entry/existence into a program they don't truly qualify for/bought their way into has NO bearing or effect on anyone else...especially those who the law was written FOR.

WRONG.

wot a mess...

s h

eyecandi

eyecandi

100% agree SH

there has been a divergence of the marijuana community that will continue to grow wider as we learn more - for instance, the 'get high' community will continue pushing for high THC levels in strains (which we all know has been a detriment to the medical uses of the plant, pushing THC levels up and CBD/CBN levels down) and the medical community is now starting the other track of pushing up CBD/CBN levels which are actually known to help patients.

So over the next several years I see this continuing, but with a number of states working the 'prohibition' angle, the split will grow wider and more evident. I actually welcome this change so that users who want to get high can, and let the medical community do what it is supposed to do - help people truly in need.

so much BS .... can we just fast forward like 20 years or something ......

K

Killerapplesauc

Really guys don't you find it funny that so many people who are not doctors have no medical training seem to know who should and who shouldn't be using cannabis LMAO! My and your medical history or the medication used because of your medical history is no body's else business. How can someone sit their who is not a doctor ,who has not talked to me about my medical history or even read my medical history say that I should or shouldn't use cannabis to treat my ailment. That is my doctors job, the fact of the matter is no one really knows why "joe blow" (except him and his doctor) is using cannabis and it is no ones else business that is why we have DORA. I think people need to start complaining to DORA about or rights being stepped on and fuc the lawyers and politicians.

R

RMCG

It's the whole 'Keep your laws off my body' stance.

I prefer to call it 'natural law'.

D

DoobyScoo

@Ohm
There is always going to be conflict among the people. Many have different views on the HOWandWHY to achieve their goals. Many people's goals are different.
As long as there is money to be made hand over fist (or the perception of) assholes will rush in with that as their goal.
Luckily Mary Jane is quite resilient and blesses those that have a true care and love for her.
Most of those people bitching about the 'commercialization' of MMJ would not let me have a card. I have no cancer, major accidents without rehab, ect.
I also have never gone to jail for MJ.
I did end up in drug rehab (it was actually cool, got to go camping) for a couple months and then a cult (emotional growth boarding school) for a year [that place has since been shut down, thank God!]. I went in for smoking pot, and was surrounded by Heroin addicts/dealers, Coke/Crack addicts/dealers, Meth-heads, and others...I learned a lot.
I was against the whole 12-Step program, God and powerless and all that. But about a week into Rehab it was made very clear to me by the head counselor that if I didn't 'get it' here that my parents were very committed to my 'recovery' and that I would get it 'somewhere else'. Which means a lockdown in Provo, Utah. And if you don't know what that is, good. All I will say is it means FFL in the alternative system to Juvie/Jail (e.g. treat drug addiction in a hospital setting with Big Pharma).
Needless to say, I found God.
Silver lining is that it was in the middle of a beautiful part of the Rockies!

But if you don't give a fuck! There is good money to be made in that industry.

And to all those bitching about I should have a card and you shouldn't, I must disagree. Was a nice little game you had going on. I understand why you don't want everyone to play.
What is happening is what has to happen, or more of the youth will end up in jails or cults. And be just as fucked up as me :)
Sidenote: The quality of meds in the State has skyrocketed since Summer '09, because fear is slowly being eroded and more communication is happening.

"And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand". Matthew 12:25

true grit

true grit

(YOU doesn't mean "you" in my post..Ohmgrown)

I don't think anyone should be locked up for weed. EVER.

But by the same token..when voters pass a law that is supposed to help "X" amount of folks..it shouldn't be seen as an open invitation for those WHO FAIL TO TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILTY FOR THEIR ACTIONS to walk in, take over, do as they please...and EVENTUALLY..as we are seeing in Colorado/our MMJ program today...cause ADVERSE laws to be passed that TAKE AWAY THE RIGHTS OF THOSE WHO REALLY QUALIFY SO FOLKS WHO HAVE NO >>>TRUE<<<< NEED FOR MMJ can simply...like..wow...get high without worry of being popped.

That's bogus as fuck, IMO.

I'm over 50. Been smoking for 40 of those years and growing for over 20. Only 7 of those years have i had ANY protections. Look at my criminal record for proof. ALL pot offenses. Went though HELL...and I DON'T wanna see anyone else have the same thing happen...

but again....if you PLAY you should either be QUALIFIED or you should simply step up and be a MAN and take your chances outside the law that WASN'T CREATED FOR YOU.

As I ready to head to an attorney to PROTECT MY RIGHTS because of all of this BS/because of those who think there are no rules...I find it sad that so many have SO LITTLE RESPECT for the RIGHTS of others and are so fuckin selfish that they act as if thir entry/existence into a program they don't truly qualify for/bought their way into has NO bearing or effect on anyone else...especially those who the law was written FOR.

WRONG.

wot a mess...

s h

Thats the thing bro, NO ONE is getting harassed over it! No real patients with the right to MMJ are getting fucked with and taken to court. Who is getting harassed bro? THE SAME ONES YOU DON'T LIKE- Not the patients, the business owners and people on the business side of things. I mean cough cough denver and numerous counties have 12 plant resi limits....

And how is this different than ANY other industry? IMO most see it for what it is- a system that was inevitably bound for where it's currently at....it was predicted, there were no surprises. We called most of this shit from the beginning. Do you think Cali and every other med state doesn't face these problems and just move on and deal with things? Do you think Colorado is the ONLY state with DUMBASS county commissioners, politicians and city councils? There are counties and cities all over MMJ states with stupid politics that try to encumber anyone in the industry (again by industry I mean patients/mmcs/anyone who has any involvement with pot in CO or USA for that matter)- that are always, limiting plant counts, saying who can grow, saying who can't, where they can grow, who gets arrested and who gets fined. What does it boil down to? If you are a legit patient you don't have any concerns, and if you aren't a patient- get a lawyer IF it ever comes to it and you won't have any concerns. Maybe I know too many folks in Cali and the normal shit they have dealt with over the last umm...15 years in this industry? The "scares" and "tactics" brought on by not only LEO but locals and city councils too. the stupid politicians limiting things etc...you are right though it does take someone threatening them to get it dropped or made more realistic and in some cases it has taken real patients to go to court and prove necessity and set precedent. But again we are not seeing that happen anywhere out here because the ones with reason to react are the biz people and they don't wanna invest that time/$$ in proving a legitimate point if they are jsut gonna be shutdown over something else anyways.

I just don't understand why folks get so upset over stupid peoples with narrow mindset/ignorance making pretty much a typical and expected reaction to something normal. We all know weed is normal, safe, perfectly fine etc- so why blame the people here that know this and act accordingly? Why not blame the dumbass that HAVE NO knowledge and are 100% reactionary instead of responsible? Bitch at the politicians, not the patients who in 80-90% of the situations are not abusing/flaunting/ or hell even growing for that matter. These reactions are because of mmc's not growers/patients. And mmcs as evidenced will be there whether they have business or not. lol.

You may be pissed about the number of patients now, the MMC's, and bs in your local but you fail to acknowledge how many good people who can qualify are now patients and thanks to mmcs (like it or not) have access to medicine legally in some way shape or form that previously never did. What about those 100k+ people that don't grow but are more adversely affecting your situation? I mean seriously, the laws they are changing aren't because of home grows, they are just fear based reactions to mmc's and ops in smaller towns/counties.

There are no open statistics I'm sure, but many would be amazed at the number of adult patients in the system...its not all kids and growers- and people need to realize just because a couple thousand young adults go to some shows - thats it not representative of anything other than the fact that JUST LIKE MUSIC, youth are probably the only ones actually goin out or showing in public.

sky high

sky high

yo bro.

The difference between Cali and CO is that we have an Amendment that is (supposedly) set in stone as far as patient rights/the right to grow/possess. No other state has that.

My attorney agrees. As a result, we are putting the powers-that-be here on notice within the next day or so that their currently proposed verbiage limiting residential grows and caregiver rights is unconstitutional and needs to be stricken.

s h

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

Thats the thing bro, NO ONE is getting harassed over it! No real patients with the right to MMJ are getting fucked with and taken to court. Who is getting harassed bro? THE SAME ONES YOU DON'T LIKE- Not the patients, the business owners and people on the business side of things. I mean cough cough denver and numerous counties have 12 plant resi limits....

And how is this different than ANY other industry? IMO most see it for what it is- a system that was inevitably bound for where it's currently at....it was predicted, there were no surprises. We called most of this shit from the beginning. Do you think Cali and every other med state doesn't face these problems and just move on and deal with things? Do you think Colorado is the ONLY state with DUMBASS county commissioners, politicians and city councils? There are counties and cities all over MMJ states with stupid politics that try to encumber anyone in the industry (again by industry I mean patients/mmcs/anyone who has any involvement with pot in CO or USA for that matter)- that are always, limiting plant counts, saying who can grow, saying who can't, where they can grow, who gets arrested and who gets fined. What does it boil down to? If you are a legit patient you don't have any concerns, and if you aren't a patient- get a lawyer IF it ever comes to it and you won't have any concerns. Maybe I know too many folks in Cali and the normal shit they have dealt with over the last umm...15 years in this industry? The "scares" and "tactics" brought on by not only LEO but locals and city councils too. the stupid politicians limiting things etc...you are right though it does take someone threatening them to get it dropped or made more realistic and in some cases it has taken real patients to go to court and prove necessity and set precedent. But again we are not seeing that happen anywhere out here because the ones with reason to react are the biz people and they don't wanna invest that time/$$ in proving a legitimate point if they are jsut gonna be shutdown over something else anyways.

I just don't understand why folks get so upset over stupid peoples with narrow mindset/ignorance making pretty much a typical and expected reaction to something normal. We all know weed is normal, safe, perfectly fine etc- so why blame the people here that know this and act accordingly? Why not blame the dumbass that HAVE NO knowledge and are 100% reactionary instead of responsible? Bitch at the politicians, not the patients who in 80-90% of the situations are not abusing/flaunting/ or hell even growing for that matter. These reactions are because of mmc's not growers/patients. And mmcs as evidenced will be there whether they have business or not. lol.

You may be pissed about the number of patients now, the MMC's, and bs in your local but you fail to acknowledge how many good people who can qualify are now patients and thanks to mmcs (like it or not) have access to medicine legally in some way shape or form that previously never did. What about those 100k+ people that don't grow but are more adversely affecting your situation? I mean seriously, the laws they are changing aren't because of home grows, they are just fear based reactions to mmc's and ops in smaller towns/counties.

There are no open statistics I'm sure, but many would be amazed at the number of adult patients in the system...its not all kids and growers- and people need to realize just because a couple thousand young adults go to some shows - thats it not representative of anything other than the fact that JUST LIKE MUSIC, youth are probably the only ones actually goin out or showing in public.

Truth!

yo bro.

The difference between Cali and CO is that we have an Amendment that is (supposedly) set in stone as far as patient rights/the right to grow/possess. No other state has that.

My attorney agrees. As a result, we are putting the powers-that-be here on notice within the next day or so that their currently proposed verbiage limiting residential grows and caregiver rights is unconstitutional and needs to be stricken.

s h

Good for you...best of luck mate! The powers that be need to be hit with a hailstorm of lawsuits....it's the language they speak!

true grit

true grit

yo bro.

s h

And I'm saying that it doesn't matter what the hell is on the books and how or what state it is. ITS ALL THE SAME BS. It doesn't matter whether its past, present or future- if it has to do with MMJ the politicians/councilmen/etc will do what they can to stop it out of sheer lack of information/fear/and ignorance....unless they are on the side capitalizing.

Im not saying its not unconstitutional- thats the first thing i pointed out about the numbers. Im saying in the big picture you are pissed at the wrong people and blaming the majority for a minority issue thats just being exploited politically and via the media.

But like Dr. said- best of luck broseph, put it to em.

Dr.Evil- thanks bro, i know you are seeing whats cranking regularly and mostly just mmc's dealing with legal issues and even at that its not super severe just more red tape and who wants to spend the money to comply.

sky high

sky high

Thanks for the luck, guys. (but it's cash I'm finding I'm short on) LOL.

Bro.....I can only relay what I saw as a patient in the program for 5 years prior to 2009when the >majority< showed up and what I am now experiencing after that influx..which is a solid push for change for the worse in the personal rights Dept. from >my< perspective.

hopefully others in other counties/areas will fare better and won't have to litigate to protect/retain their BASIC rights as well....which is something that was never a possibility/never on my radar pre-2009. (majority)

2MileHighFarmer

Not sure if anyone has posted about this or even heard, but the dispensary that was supposed to be shut down in Vail is not going to be. Although towns have the right to ban dispensaries, Vail voters requested a vote to keep the dispensary open. I forget the exact numbers but I think it passed by around 55%. If you're interested in looking this up I read it in the Summit Daily the other day. Good to see voters can still have some say with these new laws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom