Colorado Nutrient Project

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

canaguy27

Been talking to a few folks about making some nutrients here in the state. Anyone here have any interest in something along those lines as a collaboration? Maybe a base soil, then the usual liquid components.

Is there someone already doing this?

C

canaguy27

ok. looks like there is an extensive discussion here:

I am up for copying their formulas, now I just need to see which way I want to go and order the building blocks.

It is ridiculous how much they mark up nutes, especially AN!

R

RMCG

Somebody on this forum out of cali is selling 'custom' AN 'like' products for about 1/2.

I forgot the name/website, but will look around for it.

K

kuz

The fatman thread has some good stuff, I've been mixing my own.

Considering this was once the carnation capital you would think there would be more commercial greenhouse suppliers still around. The one in Colorado Springs is the only one I know of, not sure how friendly they are to mmj.

S

Socolkid05

AN gotta pay for advertising you know....

so many nutes out there though how r you gonna get noticed?

H

hemployed

There is a certain company that also sells other wares with a big name developing a nutrient line in Colorado. Either way I think it sounds like a good idea

eyecandi

eyecandi

I'm trying out 'The Other Tomato' all-phase .... doesn't replace the Primary (A+B), but is supposed to replace all the secondaries. I'm at the end of my AN nutes anyways, so I've been testing and slow converting to all organic.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Where do you plan on sourcing your salts? I know at least 2 local guys that have degrees and backgrounds in chemistry and horticulture...I myself am quite versed and would be more than happy to contribute. This is something that I've been thinking about myself also. Getting away from cheaply sourced impure minerals and inefficient high ratio PK boosters is a must!!

C

canaguy27

Where do you plan on sourcing your salts? I know at least 2 local guys that have degrees and backgrounds in chemistry and horticulture...I myself am quite versed and would be more than happy to contribute. This is something that I've been thinking about myself also. Getting away from cheaply sourced impure minerals and inefficient high ratio PK boosters is a must!!

Not sure yet where the salts are coming from yet. I have containers available though.

This is what I am thinking of tackling first:

Grow A & B
Bloom A & B (more than likely an early, mid, late bloom additives)
Some Kind of Tea
Clearex (only because it is easy)

Unlike most nutrients, the above would be all in one for the most part. Later on we can address cuttings, soil, etc.

W

waywardson

I make my own...ain't no thing and it cost me less than 3 cents a gallon, including the shipping of the salts.

I would be happy to share the formula I use...or pretty much anyone can come up with something good...it is simply a matter of coming up with ppms for each element then playing around with the different salts to match that formula.

Here is a list of the different ingredients I keep on hand and how many ppms they contribute at 1 gram per gallon:

CaNO3...41N and 48 Ca...grams per gallon
KNO3...36N and 101K
MKP...60P and 75K
MgSO4...25Mg and 33S
K2SO4...110K and 45S
K2SiO3...71K and 140 SiO2
MgNO3...
Met Ca....15.9 (grams per gallon) or 1ml per gallon is 19
Met K...53 or 68 (ml/gal)

The last two are Albion Metalosate products that I use to fine tune ratios. They are liquids with the K being amino complexed and the Ca being amino chelated (the bacteria in my coco love them some aminos to eat). In general I like (ppms) 125-60-250-125-(50-60) N-P-K-Ca-Mg. I reduce the concentration for veg, etc...based on plant size. I also give a little more MKP for the two weeks following stretch.

Simple as can be and anyone can do it. I get all of my ingredients here: http://customhydronutrients.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index You can definitely find them elsewhere but he is a friend and has a calculator at the site for anyone to use.

I have a journal over at the Garden's Cure under YosemiteSam...check it out and judge for yourself if it is effective or not.

I

irie1

uhhmmmm..u lost me at calcium. although, that looks just like my formula. lol...seriously, ive had the same idea. my idea was have a inexpensive, quality option of consious minded growers formulas. that would be awsome to have a bunch of low cost nutrient formulas to try. it would be like.. "I think im gonna go try Iries formula this run, or cannas or waywards or mophos this time." someone whos tried and perfected their formula a bunch of runs. would be cool to see the variables in formulas. and get to try tried and true formulas, cheap and already pre made.

Top Bottom