Colorado Outdoor Greenhouse Big Plant

• Thread starter GreenTrees88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenTrees88

I kept it Colorado local and when strait to the source for perlite. Persolite Products (.persoliteproducts.com) have been in the same building for over 80 years. We got to go inside and it was like walking back in time. For a 4 cubic foot bag they charged us $9, which is about 1/2 - 1/3 of what they charge in the grow store. They also have a 52 cubic foot tote for $109.

Perlite
G

GreenTrees88

I have approx 18 ribs, 22 wide, about 10 high, prolly won't use em this year. I can part with em at a decent price. With some Perlins I think we can get to 12ft.
Thanks souf69, it looks like I will need to cover a 30 foot span tough.

G

GreenTrees88

I have approx 18 ribs, 22 wide, about 10 high, prolly won't use em this year. I can part with em at a decent price. With some Perlins I think we can get to 12ft.
Thanks souf69, it looks like I will need to cover a 30 foot span though.

G

GreenTrees88

Dunno if this will help.
PVC pipe pound into ground rebar vertically slide pvc pipe onto each side hoop it up.
Thanks Chicken man. I think I'm going to have to build a fence and then put the hoops on top of that.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks Chicken man. I think I'm going to have to build a fence and then put the hoops on top of that.
The pvc pipe hoop is great can join pipes and make larger, they have t x all kinds of fittings to run lengthwise to reinforce, makes covering for BO easy as well.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Hows it coming.. Do you have the greenhouse all built and the pots all filled up and blended so you can give them some time to sit before planting??? May 20th is coming up its good to get absolutely as much possible done before that date comes so you can just focus on farming and not everything else... 99 300 gallon pots seems like quite a lot for that amount of space--

G

GreenTrees88

We are about a third of the way done filling the containers and back filling to get a some what level area. It has taken about 3 full days with two guys, making containers, mixing soil, back filling with skid steer, and filling containers. Lots of work, but so much fun being outside enjoying the beautiful weather and views. You know those, bumper stickers that say 'I'd rather be...? I'd always rather be gardening!
Hows it coming.. Do you have the greenhouse all built and the pots all filled up and blended so you can give them some time to sit before planting??? May 20th is coming up its good to get absolutely as much possible done before that date comes so you can just focus on farming and not everything else... 99 300 gallon pots seems like quite a lot for that amount of space--

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Lemme hook you up brother. Buy a small roto tiller and go rent a tractor with a 5 foot bucket. Build a ring out of bamboo barrier with some handles so you can lift it out. The five foot bucket fits perfect in a 300 gallon and it takes about 1 min with a good tractor operator.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

You can have two people dumping in amendments and rototilling it all up while he goes to get his second scoop of dirt from the pile... We put down gopher mesh as well because its a really heavily gopher area in the back yards... Also the weed cloth is a HUGE bonus.. It turns out that when you water every other day with awesome nutrients the grass wants to take over just as much as the marijuana

Top Bottom