Colorado Outdoor Greenhouse Big Plant

• Thread starter GreenTrees88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenTrees88

I have searched along the front range for organic bulk soil and have come up with two different companies.

The first is A1 organics in Denver . The second is Don's Garden Supply http://donsgardenshop.com/products.html. I ended up going with the latter, because it was closer and cheaper than the 1st. The Organic Garden Mix was $36 per yard plus delivery.

I'm am legally planting my 99 plants as a caregiver under Colorado Amendment 20. The plants are going into 300 gallon smart pots. The smart pots are a little over 6 foot across and 18 inches deep. This equals 1.85 yards x 99 pots = a lot of soil 183 yards.

Amendments
Worm Castings 2000lbs $650
Fish Bone Meal 7.5x99= 100lbs $104
Blood Meal 50lbs $85
Bone Meal 50lbs $55
Fossil Shell Flour 50lbs $29
Kelp Meal 50lbs $80
Alfalfa Meal 40lbs $29
Sea- 90Essential Min 50lbs $35
Azomite 44lbs $22
Granular Endo Mycorrhizae 4lb $50

Okay THC Farmers let me know your positive thoughts and questions.
peace
Greentrees

G

GreenTrees88

Clones
What I'm planting this year. Charlotte's Web, Blueberry Skunk, GG4, Moby Dick x OG Kush, Hash Plant, Purple Urkel, Critical Mass, Blue Dream, Space Queen, Cali Orange.

We cut the clones on March 15 and placed them in soil on April 1st. We hope to have them at 2-3 foot tall for a May 15-20 planting in the big outdoor containers. We are slowly reducing the daily light until we get down to the current light cycle of 16 hours per day. We are doing this to avoid having the plants start to bud, which may happen if you reduce the light to much while placing outdoors.

Last edited:
G

GreenTrees88

The property where all the love is going to be planted is near Pueblo Colorado. It's 35 acres with a well in the Wet Mountain range. Elevation is 6,000 feet, with a south facing slope.
I am putting up a 50x120x14 foot steel building that will serve as a greenhouse. The greenhouse has not arrived yet, so I'm a little concerned. Everything else seems to be on track.
This week we are leveling the spot for the greenhouse and making the 'smartpots' out of slit fencing rolls. The soil should be delivered later in the week.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Sounds good, I would definitely tarp my crop up there just to make sure a harvest comes off proper. Looking good though, you got the right idea with veg. I'm subbed.

souf69

souf69

Great job green! If your going to put out in may, your gonna need some artificial light, otherwise that extra three weeks will possibly be setting you back, strain dependant.

G

GreenTrees88

Thanks Seamaiden. You might not know about Colorado, but I could use your experience on growing. Plants don't know state lines!
Souf69-Thanks for the headup. I bought solar powered landscape lights to keep them in veg.

G

GreenTrees88

I'm a little concerned about hail storms in the summer. The greenhouse might not show up in time. I'm downloading this app to alert me if bad weather is coming in. Hopefully I will be able to get a jump on the weather and put plastic over the plants. Has anyone used something like this before?

NOAA Weather Alerts - Severe Weather Push Notifications & Warnings

By WeatherSphere
View More by This Developer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.

Description
Simple, no-nonsense app for quickly notifying you of severe weather alerts in a chosen radius from your current location (and/or up to 20 saved locations!), including Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Flood/Fire Warnings, Snow Storms, Frost Advisories, and hundreds more. Alerts you with sound even when the phone is lying unused with screen off!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm a little concerned about hail storms in the summer. The greenhouse might not show up in time. I'm downloading this app to alert me if bad weather is coming in. Hopefully I will be able to get a jump on the weather and put plastic over the plants. Has anyone used something like this before?

NOAA Weather Alerts - Severe Weather Push Notifications & Warnings

By WeatherSphere
View More by This Developer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.

Description
Simple, no-nonsense app for quickly notifying you of severe weather alerts in a chosen radius from your current location (and/or up to 20 saved locations!), including Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Flood/Fire Warnings, Snow Storms, Frost Advisories, and hundreds more. Alerts you with sound even when the phone is lying unused with screen off!
Yes, and I have a couple of other weather apps that I like to use.

K

kolah

Lots of Spring and Summer hail here..better get protection. We can get snow in May too. Make sure you have a good lawyer as well.,,,,becuz' sadly...growing MJ medicine still ain't legal.

DO IT

DO IT

Looking good GT's. I leave in 3 weeks for CO for the summer. I have a similar project going on. I decided to build my own GH instead of ordering 1. Who did you order your GH from?

Top Bottom