Colorado People

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

@vaporedout Welcome to Colorado! Sometime when you feel like taking a drive up north, you should come visit!

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

I have 2 stories. Once in '83-4 I went to the safeway in conifer. I had a cart full of groceries and when I got to the checkout I had no checks. The manager Laurel said "whatever just bring a check tomorrow or the next day". I went home with over 100$ worth of groceries on recognizance.
Going down crow hill with my boat trailer and Freddie Wegner gets behind me and hits his lights at the bottom of the hill in bailey. Comes up and says "you got no trailer lights" . I told him I was having difficulty and he helped me get the running lights working well. He pointed out that my truck lights were plainly visible and there wouldn't be much traffic on 285 late on a weeknight. Go figure.

B

BestAround

At the risk of telling everyone what the real secrecy to living in Colorado is, I thought I'd share a few stories about why I live here, instead of anywhere else in this country.

Once, I was hitchhiking home in a snowstorm. I stuck my thumb out and TWO SUVs pulled over to give me a ride.

Another time I was pulled over by the side of the road, my car was having some electrical issue. THREE different cars full of people stopped to offer assistance.

I used to ride my bike around the Denver metro area for exercise. One time I'd pushed a little too hard, so I laid down in the grass next to my bike to relax. I couldn't; too many people saw the bike and me all splayed out and kept asking if I needed help or medical attention!

I have a mechanic here in town, does radiator work for his main line of business. He's helped me with thousands of dollars' worth of repairs and advice over the years, and when I stop in for a radiator top up or some such, he often refuses to charge me. So I refuse to let his services go unrewarded and leave a twenty on his desk...

this is the main reason I want to move.. not just the weed part . but the fact that people are just a lot more polite and willing to help.. my boy lives there.. and he was saying.. how its such a culture shock moving from the NORTHEAST to COLORADO .. he said shit I never knew what REAL FRIENDS WERE.. until he moved there.. all of his friends would take the shirt off there back ..an give it to anyone who needs it..

and like u said about the entire 3 am sunday .., getting the right part no problem... he had his grow get fucked when his pipe bursted.. n ruined all his ballasts and almost the entire situation.. within 7 days.. he had all of his friends Old equipment.. up and running... all of his plants were tossed in the trash.. and his friends each gave him 3-5 plants .. so within a week he was completely up and running... and you couldn't tell it even happened..

he had a washing machine hose blow out while at work.. came home to about 4 -5 feet of water in the basement.. and anyone who has gotten even a full inch of water across your entire basement knows how difficult it is.. to get it cleaned up and put back together.. so he would have his meds..

people around the northeast would of said fuck that .. watched u lose everything.. and then offer to sell u there bud..

been saving for the move.. 1 more harvest and im on my way down.. so happy to finaly have it in my sights.. i cannot wait.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Like the guy said, Colorado is where all the awesome dogs live. I live with an awesome dog in an amazingly pretty place- wouldn't trade that for anything else.

Great thread, so much love for the little things and the big things.

K

kolah

I have traveled the globe and there's no place like Colorado...love it here...the sights, the peeps, weather..etc. Montana is nice too but colder winters and pricier real estate. Northern Sweden was pretty cool too, almost bought land there. Good luck BA!!

although it is currently -12 here this morning..lol

2DogWalker

I been Trying to get the funds around for an exploratory trip out there in the spring.... Me and my lady been talking seriously about getting out of our safe place (where we are from).... Colorado is pretty high on the list of possibilities... Any suggestions on good areas (decent growth potential, rural or suburban) to visit for a potential move feel free to pm.

I have a degree in construction management and would assume that would be my main source or income...or not lol.

Hope 2014 is a great year for colorado and all of america...

Kindly
2dogwalker

sky high

sky high

Construction up here in the hills is a roller coaster...much like everywhere else. Home values/costs/wages are high if the work is there. Things have been lean since 2008-9 but everyone I know who is still connected to either a hammer or a retail biz that caters to supplying the building/remodeling industry has been jamming well over the last 2 years.....very well. the thing now vs. 2005 at the heydey of it all is that the only folks left in the jobforce are the long-term folks devoted to the area who do quality work....whereas years ago there were transient workers everywhere and absolutely no loyalty/pride anywhere.

Best of luck BA and 2Dog....

2DogWalker

[qlove that y high, post: 1169698, member: 5305"]Construction up here in the hills is a roller coaster...much like everywhere else. Home values/costs/wages are high if the work is there. Things have been lean since 2008-9 but everyone I know who is still connected to either a hammer or a retail biz that caters to supplying the building/remodeling industry has been jamming well over the last 2 years.....very well. the thing now vs. 2005 at the heydey of it all is that the only folks left in the jobforce are the long-term folks devoted to the area who do quality work....whereas years ago there were transient workers everywhere and absolutely no loyalty/pride anywhere.

Best of luck BA and 2Dog....[/quote]
I love that you used the word "pride" missing from so many in the industry, as well as, integrity...

I've accepted the fact I wasn't born into wealth so I guess at this point really looking for a little better scenery and people who are much closer to my mindset.

Thanks for the knowledge and words of kindness sh

2dw

Mtngrown

Mtngrown

After spending some time in Arizona, I now appreciate the kind, easy goin people of colorado even more than when I left .
It's beautiful in Arizona but there are some snobbbbbbby people....lots of em actually.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Have good work experience, or just the degree?
Looking to find job at any level?
I assume grow warehouses are going to be a big construction industry employer for the near term.
I assume you have 'planning' courses/experience, which would more broadly apply (eg Project management, versus construction managment) to more stuff in the front range. It's a toss up, jobs are harder to come by in the mountains, but the trade off is you get to LIVE in the MOUNTAINS.
PM if you want.

Front Range is dominated by track housing and commercial development. Mountains are dominated by second homes and resort development. New home development is there, just not same scale. Upside is in the mountains there are plenty of houses in need of a good gut job. Many mountain homes started off as summer homes for people in the Front Range, so there is opportunity there. But location ($$$) can take the profit right out of it, making it some rich persons second home in Colorado that they spend a whole three weeks a year in, :) .

If you have the means, there is always opportunity to find dilapidated housing and remodel (especially in demand are energy efficient homes, as heating prices rise [and since we have so many more heating days than cooling]). Just keep your remodel in line with whats around, too many people have put up $500K homes in $200K neighborhoods and lost their shirt because the area didn't appreciate as they thought...

There will always be a need with reducing supply of heating components and increasing demand (prices rise) for a well insulated home.

I hear Budtenders can make $10/hr, LOL. :)

sky high

sky high

4 here....but just found out my oldest has a mass in his gut.....and soon....like our human family, there will only be 3.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Construction work in almost all of CO has been wiped out by "illegals" working for peanuts. Lots of my buddies and myself have hung up their hammers and sold their stuff. Take a drive and spend a week seeing all of Colorado as there are many different places (mountains, plains, rural, boonies, big cities and definitley a huge difference in temp climates)

Real estate sales in shitty (for flipping")but there are some good deals on forelosures. I just met a guy who got 5 acres (up in the mountains) with a new double wide home on it, well and septic for $105k. ...ad 20 minutes from a town with all the stuff (hardware store, shopping, theatres, etc)
We had a tile guy white, sub contractor, hated The Mexis's was the biggest piece of shit asshole liar, hypocrite Christian. we spent well over $35,000.00 in incredible kitchen floor and bath tile and it all had to be demolished and re done by a crew of Mexicans . His work was deplorable. He never cleaned up his mess, told me in my own home not to smoke pot, but offered me pills that he said would make me sleep 14 hours..The Mexicans came over demolished his mess and did and incredible job. worked 16 hours a day were happy, clean and trustworthy. They took pride in their work and I fed them and sent them home with farm goodies. No real craftsman left these days or people who take pride in a good job, its get it done pay me fuck you...Legal or not they did a great job and saved the day..

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

If you asked my wife my favorite place, without hesitation she would say Colorado. Love it. Love it. She doesnt quite understand, but I tell her the mountains there call me back....
But.... Roots are down and I can't quite convince her to move w our 4 children and knowing no one out there!
Great thread.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

We had a tile guy white, sub contractor, hated The Mexis's was the biggest piece of shit asshole liar, hypocrite Christian. we spent well over $35,000.00 in incredible kitchen floor and bath tile and it all had to be demolished and re done by a crew of Mexicans . His work was deplorable. He never cleaned up his mess, told me in my own home not to smoke pot, but offered me pills that he said would make me sleep 14 hours..The Mexicans came over demolished his mess and did and incredible job. worked 16 hours a day were happy, clean and trustworthy. They took pride in their work and I fed them and sent them home with farm goodies. No real craftsman left these days or people who take pride in a good job, its get it done pay me fuck you...Legal or not they did a great job and saved the day..
Great post .....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
asshole.. I was cooking his breakfast and huffin a wake bake dube and from way across the room he said please don't smoke that in front of me... I looked at him for a second or two and took a huge rip and huffed even more...
His outfit was called Wendover Construction, had it in large letters on the back of his truck. I erased the W and put in a B, It was like that for a few days before he discovered it....Pissed him off big time, that day he left never saw him again.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom