Colorado Redcard renewal fee

• Thread starter Tripsick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

Time for me to renew. Going to the same Doc as last year, don't expect any problems. I am expecting to get an unlimited plant count because of edibles. The guy doesn't examine me just asks a few questions and rubber stamps me. Lol, he moved his office right next to my financial advisor, thinking about wearing a mask so he won't see me.

K

kolah

After much though I just renewed my Coloradah' redcard. I had to find a new MD as my old "docturd" must have gotten spooked out by the feds. Can you say wimp? It appears that more and more MD's are covering their skinny little asses and no longer recommending the one plant that has THE most effective medicinal values.
Anyway, my new MD is in south Co Springs, he has zero probs with edibles and/or increased plant counts. If anyone needs his name and number shoot me a PM. No affiliation whatsoever... 75 clams for the exam and 5 bucks for notarizing, 80 scoots total.

putembk

putembk

After much though I just renewed my Coloradah' redcard. I had to find a new MD as my old "docturd" must have gotten spooked out by the feds. Can you say wimp? It appears that more and more MD's are covering their skinny little asses and no longer recommending the one plant that has THE most effective medicinal values.
Anyway, my new MD is in south Co Springs, he has zero probs with edibles and/or increased plant counts. If anyone needs his name and number shoot me a PM. No affiliation whatsoever... 75 clams for the exam and 5 bucks for notarizing, 80 scoots total.
My doc used to be in the Diamond Hill Office park. The office was a typical looking office with a reception room and several smaller offices for patient's and a conference room. He has now moved over by Colo Blvd and I-25 and is only there once a month. He is also scared or business has taken a turn for the worse. I don't understand this specific plant count thing as he gives me an affidavit for unlimited plants. Can different doc's do additional plant count in different ways??

K

kolah

I dunno. It's my understanding that MD's can "recommend" anything. The state law is still 6 and 2 though. Anything over that is not in compliance with the state law and any number is against all fed laws. The increased rec' (at the state level) gives you supported evidence to state your case in court, need be. But most likely the local oinkers won't look the other way on anything over 6 or 2. I think most of those bacon- boys know (and enforce) the 6 and 2 rule.

The MD I saw has been an MMJ advocate for 20+ years and he told me he is not intimidated by any bullshit laws. He's pretty cool and has a mean-ass German Shepherd in his office. He's busy as shit, too...with an office in Co Springs and Pueblo. With the new fees of 35 bucks for the redcard, I'd think the docs who recommend MMJ are quite busy.

putembk

putembk

It's nice that the state now only charges $35 but my office visit is still $80 same as last year. Totally agree on the 6 and 2 rule. I have heard that if you have more you better be able to justify in court the additional plants/meds. The shitty thing is the cost of defending yourself is ridiculous, have heard you are looking between 10 to 20 grand for defense. That's after they destroy your plants and toss your grow room.

Tripsick

Tripsick

There is now a Plant Count section on the Colorado Medical Marijuana Application form for the Doctor to write in a specific number of plants if more than 3/3

If you are Claiming Medical they will leave the Grow intact until your Court Date.
They just take Dry meds...

putembk

putembk

There is now a Plant Count section on the Colorado Medical Marijuana Application form for the Doctor to write in a specific number of plants if more than 3/3

If you are Claiming Medical they will leave the Grow intact until your Court Date.
They just take Dry meds...
Thanks Tripstick, I will make sure to look for the plant count section. I actually asked for 20 plants last year but he gave me this affidavit stating unlimited count instead. Also nice to know they don't toss the grow room, somehow doesn't make me feel any better especially when you bring up COURT DATE!!!

Tripsick

Tripsick

I'm sure next year the application will change again and this info will be irrelevant.

Like asking if the first 30 days of sending in your application you can or cannot buy from a dispensary?
Or if the state takes longer than 30 days you can or cannot buy from a dispensary?

They change the rules daily it seems like so who the fuck really know what the law is.. and that is just what they wanted so they can let the courts decide and continue the revenue stream like old times.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

If you have over 6 plants, regardless of what your Doctor says, the LEO can charge you. Period.

When you go to court, the judge will be the one who decides if the plant count was justified for your condition - not the Doctor...

Sux - but it is reality.

Tripsick

Tripsick

I was figuring the next step will be to print the plant count on the Red cards.
and im sure the last step will be to make them drivers licensed sized and sturdy.
Colorado Plant Count Increase mmj App

putembk

putembk

Ok, got back from my renewal appointment today, here is how it went down. First, my Doctor has changed from an nice plush office to a traveling dog and pony show. His office, which he is at only once a month. Is in a building with several other mmj activities going on.
A lot of planning for 4/20. I felt like I was in the military again, we were herded through like cattle. He had my records from last year so the only question was: is everything the same. Done!! I did notice and ask about #23 on additional plant and oz count when he checked the standard amount. He said it would be better for my defense if he wrote it on a separate affidavit, like he did last year. Unlike last year however instead of unlimited plants he gave me 13.

Don't know if I will go back to this operation again, seems a bit strange to me. Might as well go to a doctor at a 420 rally. Wouldn't surprise me to see him there working the Red card booth.

sky high

sky high

Seperate affidavit, huh? well that seems strange....

then again...so is the entire practice/allowance of having the DR. pen in that the patient needs more than 3/3. not sure how they are getting away with that....cus telling you it may help you and telling you you need a specific dose (plant count) seem like 2 different things.

Kinda ironic....i see quite a few folks speak of NOT renewing 'cus they don't wanna be on a "registry" or leave a paper trail that they are growing/etc....then they turn around and renew anyway and UP their count....and ALL of that info is then registered at the State. Should the man wanna screw with folks or something ELSE changes...one glance will tell them who is (admitteldy) over count and who isn't...

I dunno....I think I'll keep em guessin' if I have 6...or 66...sure not gonna offer up the info on any form tho....

be safe, kids

s h

putembk

putembk

Has anyone ever heard of the 1/7 rule on edibles? I hadn't either until this renewal visit. The Doc was telling me how a judge looks at additional plant and product count and he said it takes 7 oz of mj to make one oz of edibles. Therefore he gave me 13 plants or just under 2 oz of edibles. He said this would be my best defense if I had any problems. Is this a line of bullshit or what? Does anyone really know? Jerome said we were allowed 3/3 and anything over the Judge would decide. Anyone with been there or know someone who has. It would be nice to know where we really stand. I try to stay pretty much in compliance but at times the fricken formula doesn't even come close to working. Is Sky right or does the additional plant count give any protection?

I know this thread just goes on and on but the rules seem to change daily.

sky high

sky high

It's all so confusing, bro. And hey...don't think I know what I'm talking about... LOL.....

7/1? Never heard that ratio. I couldn't get that Math to work on what he OK'd for you.... am I just high? (yes...) LOL. Like I say...confusing...

My take is this..... ya really don't need the "variance"...the "Edibles rec"...the "extended count"/etc.... and ya sure don't need to document..on paper...ANYWHERE that you are growing more than 3/3.

Why? The entire >game< is a play on words. I mean....look at the "dispensary" thing. ONE word..."dispense" in the law...and BAM....the gate opened. (and allowances were made)

3/3?

As ya know....the law (Article 14) says we can have 3/3 plants. It also says we can possess up to 2 ounces of "useable" medicine. (the following definition is taken from the State page)

"Usable form of marijuana" means the seeds, leaves, buds, and flowers of the plant (genus) cannabis, and any mixture or preparation thereof, which are appropriate for medical use as provided in this section, but excludes the plant's stalks, stems, and roots.

the key, IMO, is the phrase "any mixture or preparation thereof".....

How many plants does it take to collect 2 ounces of kif/bubble hash? Or to make 56 grams of oil?

Kinda open ended already.....without the additional paperwork...don't ya think?

like i said tho....i don't know what ii'm talking about....just like everyone else... but that's how i read the law...

in the end all that matters is that they don't show up on yer door.... and chances are good they won't.....cus there's too much >other< shit goin on for em to look at you or me and our small potatoes gardens...

be safe

s h

K

kolah

I sent in my redcard renew papers and received my certified letter ticket saying the state recieved my application on March 20. Four weeks have cruised by and I have still not received my new card.

Has anyone else renewed lately?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Seperate affidavit, huh? well that seems strange....

then again...so is the entire practice/allowance of having the DR. pen in that the patient needs more than 3/3. not sure how they are getting away with that....cus telling you it may help you and telling you you need a specific dose (plant count) seem like 2 different things.

Kinda ironic....i see quite a few folks speak of NOT renewing 'cus they don't wanna be on a "registry" or leave a paper trail that they are growing/etc....then they turn around and renew anyway and UP their count....and ALL of that info is then registered at the State. Should the man wanna screw with folks or something ELSE changes...one glance will tell them who is (admitteldy) over count and who isn't...

I dunno....I think I'll keep em guessin' if I have 6...or 66...sure not gonna offer up the info on any form tho....

be safe, kids

s h
Seems like more of the same, set em up, knockem down...

putembk

putembk

I sent in my redcard renew papers and received my certified letter ticket saying the state recieved my application on March 20. Four weeks have cruised by and I have still not received my new card.

Has anyone else renewed lately?
The girl working the counter said it would be 6 to 8 weeks.

Top Bottom