Colorado, Renting to grow.

• Thread starter SweetIslandFunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sedate

sedate

sky high said:
No amount of "security" deposit can fix such damage. what a shame. All you can do as a landlord is evict...and yup...find that 2 x 4 and beat some sense into someone's head...

Your not joking. 50 gallons of water did $35,000 worth of damage to an old house I had in Virginia - the washing machine was on the 2nd floor and the little device in the machine that tells it to stop filling up failed.

So it kept filling - you know - after it was full.

I happened to be smoking downstairs when water began to pour through the dining room chandelier . . . .

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

Im coming out to colorado next week to look for a place to move. Taking suggestions !!!!

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

Let me retry this....I am coming to Colorado in 1 week to look for places to move4 does anyone have any city suggestions ?

sky high

sky high

It depends on what you want in a locale and in yer weather, LB. (and what you can afford)

Ski/resort towns will command the highest rents on average. You must pay to live in Paradise (and not have to endure 3 hour traffic jams with the rest of the D-town chuckleheadsto be IN the mountains)....plain and simple. the upside...right now there are a lot of places available for rent/sale/etc. In years past you could find a job..no problem....but finding a place to rent/live was nearly impossible.

Front Range towns will be cheaper and will have more housing on hand to choose from.

Western Slope has a lot of ranches...BLM/NF land and small towns interspersed.

how rich are ya? LOL

check the Denver Post and the newspapers from the towns you think you wanna target for rentals/etc.... MAYBE craigslist....but ya...be careful and don't send anybody any $$$.

good luck

s h

T

TyKaycha

Colorado's a big state. Gotta narrow it down a little more. What part of CO?

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

I have been looking at La junta, Colorado Springs, pueblo. Honestly i can afford about 1,000 a month rent at the moment seeing how i will be jobless when i arrive but i have enough money to live for 6 to 8 months with no job. (I take alot of pride in being a hard worker, finding work should be no problem) I want the mountains close and still be able to get everything i need relatively close.

For my visit next Wednesday ill probably drive through the mentioned towns to Denver looking and surveying. Thanks for suggestions Sky High

sky high

sky high

A coupla comments after 26 years here and bein' a transplant myself....

La junta will be tough....and honestly.... I wouldn't live there if ya paid me. 105F in the Summer...tornadoes/hail/blizzards in winter....and WIND all the fuckin time!. Then there's the goddamn rednecks everywhere. (all the "Plains" towns are gonna be r'necke'd and Re-pub-licken to the hilt, FWIW) Keep drivin' WEST!

Pueblo? Dunno much about it. Both Trinidad and Pueblo are OK "lookin' towns.... but hotter than most of CO and kinda remote..... (everything here is remote...but some places are closer to fUN than others by far)

All 3 would probably offer "cheap' living for CO standards. Dunno about work....

altitude is in Co Springs.... as are a few others. Not gonna knock anyone's town but it seems like a crazy mix of Military, jesus Freaks and HEADS here... Nice town though for city....

lotsa folks are clammorin for work.... so depending on what you do/are willing to do... you know the drill. Lotsa "service" industry jobs up here in the hiulls cus of the tourists.... which while it's more expensive/harder to survive "up" here when you have down time there's a lot fo stuff to do (if you like outdoor activities) very, very nearby... but the tourists keep things flowin and even in tough times there are jobs that have to be filled/etc... Wages here are higher cus the cost of living is higher all around... ($10 an hour is bottom of the ladder here but gas is over $3 a gal now)

again..it's ALL in what you want yer lifestyle to be like.........

s h

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

There are some good places in Denver, but this place is a fucking madhouse for MMJ right now. I hope you know how to grow, and CARE to grow a good product as the market here is totally saturated on a mid-grade to decent herb level. I mean totally utterly saturated. I have friends who can't get rid of herb that's the "production" strain in their gardens, all they can sell is what they normally keep for their head. These are growers with years of experience having issues. If you want to sell in Denver, it is going to HAVE to be harvested at maturity, tightly hand trimmed, and have a decent cure. LOTS of cometition, you will need something to differentiate yourself from the market, something like superior quality or a unique bomb ass strain. EVERYONE has had the idea that it's easy to grow herb and it sells for $10,000 a pound. Well, it's easy to grow crap herb. Expect $2,500 a lb, seriously it's that bad and people are ruining the market with their loads of crap.

Check Aurora, green valley ranch, and montbello but these places can be ghetto. $1,000 a month for a house with an unfinished basement can be found in the greater Denver area, but it's going to be ghetto. I would honestly look somewhere else. I built a bunch of spec homes for Pulty in '06 in C springs that all had unfinished basements off of powers rd north east of town. That's a decent spot. I bet you could find rent for $1,000 a month up there, in a new home to boot. Check the suburbs NE of C springs around N powers blvd and stetson hills blvd. The ones I built were around peterson and stetson.

I really like pagosa springs, glenwood springs, hot sulfur springs, kremmling... you've got options for sure.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Im from the school of "appologize later" instead of ask permission seems to work out way better most of the time..

My landlord was my patient....lol..thats the ticket

Tex

LOL- that's my setup, also. I can help out in the Springs, if that's an option for you.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I built a bunch of spec homes for Pulty in '06 in C springs that all had unfinished basements off of powers rd north east of town. That's a decent spot. I bet you could find rent for $1,000 a month up there, in a new home to boot. Check the suburbs NE of C springs around N powers blvd and stetson hills blvd. The ones I built were around peterson and stetson.

HYSTERICAL. You built the houses; I built the gardens... That is awesome advice- that area is nice. The rent is more like 1200 for the nicer houses, though, as the economy has changed from everyone buying to everyone renting. The houses in that area are absolutely perfect for a grow spot; some even already have 200 amp electrical service. The unfinished basements are perfect, as well, although you may want to seal all the wood that will be exposed to your garden.

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

.I am a smoker and where i live they treat it the same as having crack.I would love to grow 30 pounds a month and make a killing but i am not delusional. I just wanna grow my weed and live happy :) The more and more it is seeming like ill end up in colorado springs. But like i said ill be there on wednesday so you information was most helpful guys :)

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

HYSTERICAL. You built the houses; I built the gardens... That is awesome advice- that area is nice. The rent is more like 1200 for the nicer houses, though, as the economy has changed from everyone buying to everyone renting. The houses in that area are absolutely perfect for a grow spot; some even already have 200 amp electrical service. The unfinished basements are perfect, as well, although you may want to seal all the wood that will be exposed to your garden.

Im gonna check them out !!!!! hells yeah

K

kuz

Leroy Brown,

I'd find a job first, then if you can make a living as a grower quit the job, otherwise you might end up peddling cannacookies to convenience store clerks :) . Anywhere along the front range you arent too far from the mountains, from Fort Collins to Colorado springs pretty much one big city anymore. La Junta is getting kind of out there but its large for a plains town, may not be a bad place, ive never actually been there. The elevation is only about 4100' not too different than the west slope valley's. You would be one of the few people looking to relocate there. Its tough to farm anything, anywhere in colorado with extremes in the weather, but you would have a longer season for an outdoor grow in la junta. It is an ag community, sugar beets, apples, onions, have you heard of rocky ford melons?, a lot of the farmers sold out their water rights to cities a long time ago and so now the depressed farming towns around there are even more depressed because they dont have water to grow. Summers are going to get a lot hotter and winter should be a lot milder, if you can get out of the wind. If it was me i'd be looking a lot further upstream on the Arkansas River, like around Salida, but there you are even farther from any big city.

T

TyKaycha

...it also already has 100 amps of 220v, and 80a 110v on a second service line with breaker box in the basement, hooks and ventilation for 20,000w of lights and auxiliary stuffs...

Wow it came already like that! Wonder if it was one of those grow houses that one chinese restaurant owner who got busted, had around town.

C

canaguy27

got a lead on a place near southlands mall in aurora. residential with full unfinished basement. 2000sqft up plus full footprint basement. landlord is mmj friendly but wants a hefty price for rent and deposit. $5k for deposit and $3k per month

must have all paperwork

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

daaamn ! upscale all the way :) little out of my price range thouh im thinking 1200 to 1500. 2 bed or 3. I apprceiate the lead thought thanks for watchin out

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Wow it came already like that! Wonder if it was one of those grow houses that one chinese restaurant owner who got busted, had around town.

Westminster! AHHHH HAAAA!!! He used to put a pound in the bottom of a to-go order in a styrofoam container and let it go right out the front door! He got busted because they found a box full of cash on it's way to china! He would send herb from CO to cali! I loved reading the story on that guy. Running like 30,000 watts in a house with old chinese folks living in it and bribing someone from the power company to steal power. Buffbuds could be living in a piece of CO growing history!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

got a lead on a place near southlands mall in aurora. residential with full unfinished basement. 2000sqft up plus full footprint basement. landlord is mmj friendly but wants a hefty price for rent and deposit. $5k for deposit and $3k per month

must have all paperwork

Find a place just like that and just don't tell the landlord. Ask forgiveness and give an extra deposit if they do find it. It worked for me! $1,100 a month. about 1300sf basement and not too far from cannaguy!

If you mention MMJ, the price doubles on ANYTHING. There's a bunch of greedy fuckers in this town. For $3k a month and $5k deposit the landlord should let you borrow his wife once a month!

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

Seriously Sputnik grab me that info if ya can that sounds good !

Top Bottom