Colorado, Renting to grow.

• Thread starter SweetIslandFunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SweetIslandFunk

Several fellow medical patients and I have been looking for places to rent to grow in colorado. After weeks of searching for the perfect place in our price range we found one. We move in and get what plants we have now, which is not even close to our count. The land lord tells us he is planning to sell the house and that showings will be coming around 3 times a week, then when he actually sees the plants he wants us out, after telling us it was okay. So all in all I have had bad experiences with renting and growing, I want to have a safe place for my darlings but everywhere we go its okay at first but then its an issue. I would even be okay with a small office space, but obviously no landlords in adams and jeffco will allow this. Does anyone around colorado know how or where to find these grow friendly spaces, commercial or private, shit I would even rent our part of a warehouse. Any feedback is appreciated..

Thanks.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Why would even rent a place that is for sale, lol Theres a few threads on this and i think you should just rent a place and go for it, use the garage and if they come to do a inspection lock your dog in the garge and tell them to stay out, Or get a place in the country and drop a sea-train or RV and blow that up. I really could car less if a landlord finds out, the cops wont do anything, lol Let them kick you out.
On comercial stuff, rent a good size place for building cars and stick a "paint booth" in there and lock it Theres lots of ways to hide a room even in plain sight. Stack pallets with empty boxes and tell them u sell on ebay.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

tell them you develop photos or just get a bunch of sex toys and a sex swing, they tend to want to leave when they see something sexual. I had a friend who hated the fact his landlord kept having people over to see the house every week, so he never left his clothes on.

B

bdawgburner

tell them you develop photos or just get a bunch of sex toys and a sex swing, they tend to want to leave when they see something sexual. I had a friend who hated the fact his landlord kept having people over to see the house every week, so he never left his clothes on.

I'd be careful with that one. A couple months ago there was a big ordeal around my area because some guy was a nudist and a couple kids saw him naked through his window and he was arrested for indecent exposure. I guess just make sure nobody can see in any windows.

S

SweetIslandFunk

The way I see it is that a house or condo is out unless I own it or personally know the owner. which isn't happening.

sedate

sedate

SweetIsland said:
he actually sees the plants he wants us out, after telling us it was okay. So all in all I have had bad experiences with renting and growing, I want to have a safe place for my darlings but everywhere we go its okay at first but then its an issue.

There are so many people like that. They say "we don't care" to get the tenants, the claim all kinds of legal peril after the fact while still cashing rent checks.

The trick is to sign a lease that prevents the landlord from doing anything as long as the tenants are in compliance with state law. You can even write the sentence into the end of the lease and have the landlord initial when you sign. Most landlords won't notice this or the end run around the marijuana issue, and once the lease is signed you don't have to be naked or pretend to be a pervert, you just tell them to fuck off.

I know a guy who moved in with some folks - he wasn't trying to grow, just smoke - and they said, "no, we don't care at all, smoke all ya want" and now they have him standing in the middle of the backyard, in all weather, to smoke a bowl.

He can't even smoke on the back porch because the roomate just got laid off and is convinced he's going to catch a contact and fail an employment drug screen.

Then the jobless douche tried demanding his own copies of my friends' marijuana license thinking that he's liable, at a moments notice, to a DEA raid and some sort of lifetime conviction.

Because his roomate smokes. A couple bowls a day.

People are so freaking stupid.

On to the point -

SweetIsland said:
Does anyone around colorado know how or where to find these grow friendly spaces, commercial or private, shit I would even rent our part of a warehouse. Any feedback is appreciated..

There are a few grow-space rent places in the Westword - I know one guy that rents space - but the price is pretty fucking high - 150 (200 now?)/month for a small 5x5 grow space + 10/light/month + all the normal expenses of growing.

From what I could tell, it would cost something like $1000/pound to rent grow space that way, nevermind that presumes no growing mistakes and perfect space usage.

S

SweetIslandFunk

Yea, lets just say the "craigslist" method of renting hasn't been working out for me. Maybe I could find a nice cabin in Leadville where I can grow in peace. or maybe theres a cave convert into a grow operation..

It's just kind of depressing that everyone is so confused. When I moved out of the house I told you all about the landlord wanted to keep $200 from my deposit for staying there a total of 28 hours because he needed to have the carpet cleaned and de-odorized, our plants were there a total of 12 hours and there was no smell. He compared a medicinal grow operations in houses to meth houses and mentioned how meth houses need to be scraped and sprayed and then are sold at a fraction of the original cost. However, my girlfriends father wants a dispensary or a grow op just cause he loves weed, and has a spare house and money to blow so maybe things aren't so awful after all. I did have to give the landlord a few hard words but lets just say I got my deposit back.

M

mrdizzle

in my opinion. you gotta lie your ass off. I told my landlord I was starting a carteering company and I needed on of the extra rooms for an office and one for storage, and I live upstairs with my roommate. I have paid rent every month, on time, for 3yrs, at $3000 a month. I have never called my landlord for anything and he has never called me. telling you landlord even in a legal state is an absolutly retard idea, no good will ever come of it, he will either say fuck off, or let you, but then you have a landlord that knows you grow and can fuck you over if he pleases

M

mrdizzle

also it took me 3 months to find my spot, so get back on craigslist and get on the hunt

sedate

sedate

mrdizzle said:
I have never called my landlord for anything and he has never called me. telling you landlord even in a legal state is an absolutly retard idea, no good will ever come of it, he will either say fuck off, or let you, but then you have a landlord that knows you grow and can fuck you over if he pleases

There is a certain elegant simplicity to these thoughts.

I suppose one could quibble over the strict legality of the issue, but for the weight of sheer pragmatism, I couldn't agree more.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Im from the school of "appologize later" instead of ask permission seems to work out way better most of the time..

My landlord was my patient....lol..thats the ticket

Tex

X

Xceptional

in my opinion. you gotta lie your ass off. I told my landlord I was starting a carteering company and I needed on of the extra rooms for an office and one for storage, and I live upstairs with my roommate. I have paid rent every month, on time, for 3yrs, at $3000 a month. I have never called my landlord for anything and he has never called me. telling you landlord even in a legal state is an absolutly retard idea, no good will ever come of it, he will either say fuck off, or let you, but then you have a landlord that knows you grow and can fuck you over if he pleases

there is no reason to tell anyone! look i'm in a medical state that is so FU*ked up we have to act like we are underground. i would not tell the landlord if anything i would look for a old couple or a landlord that lives out of state or is managed by a local management company. if they want to start showing the place just don't answer the door. finish up your run and worst case they evict you. change all locks and get a big ass mean dog.

S

SweetIslandFunk

I am just not going to rent, I currently have a spot that will work for a few tents, thats more then enough to get me started until i find a spot

sky high

sky high

there SHOULD Be respect on both sides of the fence on this issue.

however, both sides drop the ball at times. ISF's story is a good example. A grow house is like a meth house? What a fucktard.

On the flip side....as someone who OWNS a few homes I gotta come out swinging a bit for the landlords though. I saw a pic on here months ago where someone was showing their new grow....in a RENTED house.... and you could tell from the pics that it was an OLD house with those BEAUTIFUL oak floors.....

and here's some dickwad....renting....no vested interest...no fuckin' idea/clue that folks have CARED FOR these floors for 3X the number of years he's been on the fuckin' planet....

and he's growing ON the floor...HYDRO.....no plastic...no nada. Holy fuck....

No amount of "security" deposit can fix such damage. what a shame. All you can do as a landlord is evict...and yup...find that 2 x 4 and beat some sense into someone's head...

Respect works both ways....or should.

s h

M

mrdizzle

for sure, hopefully your a good enough person to return the spot in better condition that you got it. My landlord is going to make out like a bandit, fresh paint,new moldings, new carpets ect. Hopefully the landlord gets a lease signed so he can sue the tenant for damages

sky high

sky high

Much respect, dizzle. Yer landlord is lucky to have ya in house.

s h

M

mrdizzle

hahah thanks sky, if he walked in the downstair right now though...........instant stoke

M

MJPassion

Is it really that hard to find a decent spot in the metro area? I figured more peeps would educate themselves a lil better in med states but this just goes to prove that wrong...

West slope's where its at anyway. With he strains coming this way we'll be Calirodo before too long.

Thats a good point of view as well sky high. Respect does go 2 ways. My LL looks and smiles and asks... whens harvest? LOL

S

Spade

I hope myself, that most of the new growers and users stick to the front range. I like my rural western slope and do not want it to change into Calirodo at all.

I know that it is inevitable at this point, especially with every other smoker around here thinking that they need to get into the middle of the scene with there one harvest under their belt. Gonna change the scene with once backcrossed genetics that are their own personal "strains".

I am all for the medical community, but not for the half assed attempt that alot of these dispensaries are making.

P.S. On a different note, I am very excited to have found such a large group of CO locals, feels like I am amongst friends.

Glad to see ya made it to CO Texas Kid!

Top Bottom