Colorado's HB11-1261 DUID Per Se Law THC

• Thread starter sgreene420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I've driven stoned all of my driving career and never been in an accident where I was stoned. All my accidents happened while I was sober.....Now driving tired or in a hurry cause you are running late, that shit can be dangerous!

I say legalize stoned driving all together and allow everyone to be +/-30 minutes late to anywhere they have to be at...that would reduce accidents greatly!

sky high

sky high

It appears the patients have made a point with the State....and for >now<...the issue of "how high is too high?" will be "studied" rather than persued as a formal action.

Colorado pot DUI bill amended to become study

7:02 PM, Apr 18, 2011

From the Capitol

DENVER (AP) - Medical marijuana users scored a victory by persuading Colorado officials to further study what constitutes being too high to drive. A subtle tinge of marijuana smoke permeated a committee room as Colorado senators voted Monday to weaken a proposal that would have set the country's most liberal blood-content limit under the law for what's too high to drive. The proposed limit is a THC level of 5 nanograms per milliter in a user's blood. THC is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

A couple other states have limits of 2 nanograms.

Lawmakers amended the bill so a state task force will study what is the appropriate standard to consider marijuana users too impaired to drive.

Republican Sen. Steve King, one of the bill's sponsors, says it's possible the bill could be changed back to its original form.

Bill opponents say there is no clear science to determine impairment for driving after smoking.

D

DoobyScoo

That sounds like a fun study.
But where would you get participants in the Metro area?

sky high

sky high

As a daily/multiple-times-per-day smoker for 35 years+....I'd love to be a volunteer in their study.

Either way, it's time for me to have a physical exam with my primary doctor and when I do I am going to ask him to have the nanogram test performed on my bloodwork to see where I may reside in >>>NanoLand<<< with my current daily intake/past history/etc.

wot a mess....

s h

R

RMCG

Time to step up and PROVE it

Volunteers Wanted for THC/DUI Study

The news program HDNet World Report has asked CTI to help round up some

volunteers for a study they are doing of how cannabis affects the driving

of medical patients. The study will require volunteers to take a driving

simulation test before and after ingesting or smoking cannabis. The news

show will compare the results of the simulation tests and also interview

patients as to how they believe cannabis affects their driving.

The tests will be done this Thursday or Friday in Denver. The tests and the

interviews will take about 2 hours per person. You must be a medical

marijuana patient with a valid Registry ID card and a valid Drivers License

to participate. The show will provide free transportation and snacks to

test participants. This will not require you to have a blood draw, this is

just a driving simulator test.

If you are interested in helping with this study, please contact the

producer as soon as possible. They are on a tight deadline.

David Pelcyger, Producer

HDNet World Report

Phone: (303) 542-5597

Web:

Email: [email protected]

---

Provided as a Public Service by the:

Cannabis Therapy Institute

P.O. Box 19084, Boulder, CO 80308

Phone: 877-420-4205

Web: www.cannabistherapyinstitute.com

Email: [email protected]

K

kolah

I dislike "research" especially the ones bought and paid for by Big Brother. Almost all studies and research are bogus and if you follow the money there is always an hidden agenda behind it.

My bitch is why they let the real dopers drive around on vicidin, percocet, xanax and all the damm anti-anxiety and anti-depressant meds. Why not do a study on these zombified retards and leave us weedsters alone?

I

irie1

im right with you, kolah. people are high left and right, just because it comes from a pharmacy, all it needs is a sticker saying u should be careful driving and not operate heavy machinery. does anybody, know the level for oxycottiin in ur blood? 20 mil? 40 mil? there is none!!! weed haters need to start hatting on painkillers. because i know some addicts who were over 100 mil plus fetynal and then some.
and you can bet they are gonna knod off.
Where is all these pot haters comming from, with wll these bloody stipulations. how many accidents have there been because somebody was high on weed? i am willing to bet none. If it did involve weed it was because they were packing a bowl, or just plain not paying attention. So actually its the, not paying attention, that is reckless. If you are too stoned to drive, chances are, you will stay on that couch till your right to drive.

D

DoobyScoo

I guy I knew from highschool was a pill-head.
He ended up taking another's life with him, unfortunately.

But the networks aren't going to show 'The Oxycontin Express' from Vangaurd on Current TV.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I head last Friday they re-inserted the 5 nanoliters threshold into this bill, they revived the thing, and it's going to pass this week. So, pretty much anyone who uses MMJ will test 5 even when not stoned, at all........ if they pull you over, smell weed, you give them your Red Card, they can still give you a DUI.... even if you hadn't smoked that day. That is fucked up!

D

DoobyScoo

Had a .323 when I went into Detox one time.
The kid in Boulder who died had a .328.
Always thought I should run a Freshmen Drinking class. Teach those lightweights coming up to Altitude how to 'acclimate' themselves properly, so they don't kill themselves.
Seems logical to me, but would probably never fly, not even in Boulder.
Alright, that's probably in bad taste, but I think I could help kids learn from my mistakes.

Wonder what my nanograms will be...Been hitting those concentrates, I bet it's pretty high!

Don't worry, I'll be sure to post up the Mugshot.

Caution! Marijuana:
It may cause you to drive the Speed Limit.

I

irie1

so...if theres a data base(we all know there is)..all red card holders come up. when a police officer goes back to check for warrants and do whatever they do back there. and ur name comes up. if he wants to be a dick, he could take to see what ur levels are at. we are all fucked. so its not nessesarily good to have a card, or it would be better to not disclose that info.and get some ozioum for the car.
.lets see what happens. seems unjust.

K

kolah

yup Bill but it will be back on the table.

I am thinking about letting my redcard expire, fuck it, man. This "law" sucks anyway ya look at it.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

so...if theres a data base(we all know there is)..all red card holders come up. when a police officer goes back to check for warrants and do whatever they do back there. and ur name comes up. if he wants to be a dick, he could take to see what ur levels are at. we are all fucked. so its not nessesarily good to have a card, or it would be better to not disclose that info.and get some ozioum for the car.
.lets see what happens. seems unjust.

Wrong. There is no Db like you suggest.

There is a Db like this being suggested, in HB11-1043, but the bills sponsor (Pat Steadman) saw that the Db could be used like this and therefore changed the Db to VERIFICATION ONLY. Meaning the info will not come up during a routine traffic stop. However, if that traffic stop turn into a search and Po-po found a pound, Mr Piggy could then check the CG Db to see if you are allowed to have the lb as a CG....

sky high

sky high

The key is not to be a dumbass and cheif in the car.

and keep that pound in the trunk in a turkey bag/etc. Locked. Gonna be MUCH harder to fuck with ya if they don't smell EITHER one.

It's all very discriminatory, IMO. I mean..if you are a CG/patient and you are transporting your full weight (5 patients + yourself = 12 oz.) the law ALREADY states that you MUST be in possession of all the paperwork required to cover said weight during transportation. What MORE verification is needed than that? Fuckers.

It's dead for now.... but it won't go away. IMO...we need to get as many patients as possible to have their blood tested and have the results sent in to the State to show that normal use of MMJ patients may very well preclude/exclude folks from driving or make them instant criminals...sanctioned by the same State that wants to prosecute them. Whack ass shit....

nothing suprises me anymore tho....from >either< side.

wot a mess...

s h

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I prefer not to smoke behind the wheel. I do like to pull over in a safe place and take a few puffs. I find the mj I puff makes me kinda pass out for a few seconds and thats not good having to slow way down and pull over till i come back . Ive been puffin for over 40yrs but for me must be careful and live to keep puffin for another 40 yrs or so... CM

Top Bottom