Colorado's HB11-1261 DUID Per Se Law THC

• Thread starter sgreene420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sgreene420

I'll be searching records today to see if any of the House members, or their family, currently has a pending DUI. Its quite likely one of them do, and I think that qualifies as a conflict of interest.... :)-

Please let me know if you find anything i would love to spread it around

F

Funkfingers

My bad - the bill is being heard on thursday, not today.

House Judiciary Committee Hearing on HB 1261
DATE: Thurs., March 10, 2011
LOCATION: Hearing Room 0107, basement, state Capitol Building, 200 E.
Colfax, Denver, CO (Note, this room only seats about 40 people so arrive
early. There are 3 other bills on the agenda before the DUI bill.)
TIME: 1:30pm
Capitol Bill Room (for last minute changes): (303) 866-3055 (thx OP)

I'll be searching records today to see if any of the House members, or their family, currently has a pending DUI. Its quite likely one of them do, and I think that qualifies as a conflict of interest.... :)-

Ha hahahahah no shit...+1 for the Hometeam...I like you!

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Went to hearing. Boring overall. 6-2 final vote to pass bill out of House Judicary committee. Needed to chug a beer on the drive home...

However, some points argued where

-"Pro se" means if you are over the limit of 5 nanograms you have not right to contest that you were actually impaired. Or not. Disagreement on this issue.

-Science is foreign. Literally. Most of it done in Netherlands, etc.

One thing I learned... that it is vital for the 6-up to contact your main vein asap. Failure to touch your junk asap - like w/i an hr, will almost diminish your nanogram limit to non-offense levels.

C

canaguy27

-"Pro se" means if you are over the limit of 5 nanograms you have not right to contest that you were actually impaired. Or not. Disagreement on this issue.

this is the worst part of the bill. people have no idea how bad this bill is.

D

DoobyScoo

The Battle of Britain.
When I think shit is fucked in Colorado.
All I got to do, is turn on the BBC.

+1 for Speed TV.

Melizzard

Melizzard

So, it's a done deal, then? Someone like me, fighting cancer with PTO can no longer drive?????????

xxoo
Mel

Went to hearing. Boring overall. 6-2 final vote to pass bill out of House Judicary committee. Needed to chug a beer on the drive home...

However, some points argued where

-Science is foreign. Literally. Most of it done in Netherlands, etc.

One thing I learned... that it is vital for the 6-up to contact your main vein asap. Failure to touch your junk asap - like w/i an hr, will almost diminish your nanogram limit to non-offense levels.

R

RMCG

Whats the legal 'driving' limit for those prescribed pain management (Oxy/Percs/etc)? Is there a test?

I know when I am on muscle relaxers, my 'driving' is not affected, but I would nod off at long stoplights...

Tripsick

Tripsick

They just need to come up with a real test for impairment. Levels of chemicals doesnt show impairment.

D

DoobyScoo

They just need to come up with a real test for impairment.

Yeah. But then it becomes a roadside IQ test.
The stupid tax.
What's the stupid tax?
The stupider you are, the more you get taxed!
:harvest:

sky high

sky high

How many of you will be in the same boat? I know I will....

THC blood test: Pot critic William Breathes nearly 3 times over proposed limit when sober

By William Breathes, Mon., Apr. 18 2011 @ 12:46PM

​Last week, in advance of today's Senate debate over a bill that would set THC driving limits, I had blood drawn (for a second time) to see just how much active THC was in my blood even after a night of sleep and not smoking for fifteen hours.

As it turns out, I've got a lot. So much that I and thousands of other medical marijuana patients may be risking arrest every time we drive if the measure passes. Even when deemed sober by a doctor, my active THC levels were almost triple the proposed standard of 5 nanograms per milliliter of blood.

Among the concerns about HB 1261, the THC driving bill first offered by Representative Claire Levy, is the fact that THC can stay in the body days after patients medicate. And my latest test offers proof.

The lab ran a serum/plasma test which showed my THC count to be at 27. According to Dr. Alan Shackelford, who ordered the blood work and evaluated my results, the number of active THC nanograms per milliliter count is about half of that total, or 13.5 nanograms of THC per milliliter of blood.

In short: If this bill passes and I was pulled over by police, I would be over the limit by 8.5 nanograms. By that logic, I would be more likely to have mowed down a family in my car on my way to the doctor's office that day than actually arriving there safely. But I didn't -- because I wasn't impaired.

Don't take my word for it. According to Shackelford, who evaluated me before writing the order to have my blood drawn last Wednesday, I was "in no way incapacitated." According to him, my test results show that it would not be uncommon to see such a high level in other people who use cannabis regularly -- like medical marijuana patients. "Your level was about 13.5 for whole blood... which would have made you incapacitated on a lab value," he said. "They need to vote this sucker down based on that alone."

Frankly, I didn't even need to go through this effort to prove that. Levy appears to understand that the limit might unintentionally hurt patients like me, since she's shared her concern that 5 nanograms is too low. Yet the bill still moved through to the senate.

Now, with some actual proof from a Colorado medical marijuana patient that this is the case, could someone curb this bill?

The Senate Judiciary Committee will discuss HB 1261 today at 1:30 p.m. at the Capitol Building. The hearing will offer the last time public comment will be heard about the proposal.

D

DoobyScoo

Yeah, and the cutoff for your pee is about 25 nanograms per ml, for most employment tests.

Dorje

Dorje

If they do pass it the 1st person to be charged will have the honors of paying a lawyer a ton of money to challenge it and will likely win because THC levels in blood do not prove impairment, and the law won't hold up in court. Hopefully there is a lawyer out there that will take it on pro bono.

D

Disco Duck

I'll gladly prove that no amount of marijuana impairs my ability to drive at all. In any way, no matter how much I smoke. I've been willing to prove this for years. Set up an course, and I will run it better than most sober people. Marijuana does not impair your ability to drive, and I'll prove anytime anyone wants to see it proven.

K

kolah

Set up a driving course? If can get in and out of a Walmart parking lot without a wreck you aced it.

I drive better when puffing indicas, a nice and mellow ride and I am fully aware of surroundings and my reflexes kick ass. On sativas I am bit unfocused as I tend to look at other stuff besides the road.

K

kolah

for the records, I have smoked some killer dank where I would not even think about going for a cruise. seriously.

T

TyKaycha

for the records, I have smoked some killer dank where I would not even think about going for a cruise. seriously.

In the over 20 yrs I've enjoyed & been around cannabis, I have never had a problem asking & getting my stoned friends' keys. Drunk friends - almost always fight to keep their keys. For me there's a big difference in one's ability to have some logical thought when using cannabis or alcohol. Most stoners seem to be able to realize and acknowledge that they aren't able to drive and so they don't drive. Drunks ... completely 180 degrees difference.

Sure there are idiots who are going to drive even if too stone-impaired but those are the same idiots who probably are already reckless drivers - speeding, disobeying traffic laws, driving while under the influence of prescription drugs, etc... They're going to drive no matter what. Let's just hope they don't take out anyone else with them as they leave the gene pool.

Top Bottom