Comments on Mega Crop with ProMix HP ?

• Thread starter chuck88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuck88

chuck88

Greetings,

I've used Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect Micro/Grow/Bloom/Big Bud/Sensizym/B-52 in cloth bags and ProMix HP for my last two grows with acceptable results.

But, I'm kinda tired of all the mixing so I'm going to give MC a go...

I have Shiskaberry clones on the way and will do a side by side comparison with AN/Mega Crop.

To be clear, a 44" x 54" x 4' high enclosure in a 10' x 10' room. 600w MH/HPS, 3 gallon cloth pots.

BTW > my well water ppm is ~500. Can anyone suggest what ppm to mix to ? I assume their feeding schedule will be useless for me ?

I have a bad habit of upping the nutrients until I see burn but would like to avoid that if possible 😉

The plan is to do the whole grow with MC without additives on one or two plants unless the girls look like they need help.

Any comments or suggestions on what to look out for ?

Cheers.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff member
Supporter
Greetings,

I've used Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect Micro/Grow/Bloom/Big Bud/Sensizym/B-52 in cloth bags and ProMix HP for my last two grows with acceptable results.

But, I'm kinda tired of all the mixing so I'm going to give MC a go...

I have Shiskaberry clones on the way and will do a side by side comparison with AN/Mega Crop.

To be clear, a 44" x 54" x 4' high enclosure in a 10' x 10' room. 600w MH/HPS, 3 gallon cloth pots.

BTW > my well water ppm is ~500. Can anyone suggest what ppm to mix to ? I assume their feeding schedule will be useless for me ?

I have a bad habit of upping the nutrients until I see burn but would like to avoid that if possible 😉

The plan is to do the whole grow with MC without additives on one or two plants unless the girls look like they need help.

Any comments or suggestions on what to look out for ?

Cheers.
Dilute it with RO or distilled to about 150ppm.

Which mega crop version are you running? Have used the version 1 and the new 2 part. Only thing I ever needed to add was some mag sulfate.

chuck88

chuck88

Dilute it with RO or distilled to about 150ppm.

Which mega crop version are you running? Have used the version 1 and the new 2 part. Only thing I ever needed to add was some mag sulfate.
Thank you but I'm not interested in hauling/buying/processing water. Been there, done that !

Ph down with my well water is working with AN. Hopefully it does as well with MC.

But it does take 45 drops to bring 2.5L down to 6.2.

Whatever is the current version of one part they are shipping is the one I will be using :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff member
Supporter
Thank you but I'm not interested in hauling/buying/processing water. Been there, done that !

Ph down with my well water is working with AN. Hopefully it does as well with MC.

But it does take 45 drops to bring 2.5L down to 6.2.

Whatever is the current version of one part they are shipping is the one I will be using :)

Cheers.
Well prob no shortage of minerals 😁 if it works it works... can't see how it wouldn't impact the grow even slightly but if your having success I don't blame ya.

I hear the version 3 is ok. V1 kicked ass V2 had issues with precipitate V3 apparently addressed the cal and mag from V1 and the precipitate from V2. With the new 2 part its similar to most 3 parts cal nitrate in one and PK and micros in the other allowing you to change ratios of NPK. Imo the 2 part is the best so far and contains a lot of extra goodies even though some are to low in concentration like silica.

I think you will like the v3 1 part for its simplicity and definitely the cost. It goes a long long way and while some don't like the company (I can't day I do either) it's a good option imo.

Top Bottom