Comments on Mega Crop with ProMix HP ?

• Thread starter chuck88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuck88

chuck88

Greetings,

I've used Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect Micro/Grow/Bloom/Big Bud/Sensizym/B-52 in cloth bags and ProMix HP for my last two grows with acceptable results.

But, I'm kinda tired of all the mixing so I'm going to give MC a go...

I have Shiskaberry clones on the way and will do a side by side comparison with AN/Mega Crop.

To be clear, a 44" x 54" x 4' high enclosure in a 10' x 10' room. 600w MH/HPS, 3 gallon cloth pots.

BTW > my well water ppm is ~500. Can anyone suggest what ppm to mix to ? I assume their feeding schedule will be useless for me ?

I have a bad habit of upping the nutrients until I see burn but would like to avoid that if possible 😉

The plan is to do the whole grow with MC without additives on one or two plants unless the girls look like they need help.

Any comments or suggestions on what to look out for ?

Cheers.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Greetings,

I've used Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect Micro/Grow/Bloom/Big Bud/Sensizym/B-52 in cloth bags and ProMix HP for my last two grows with acceptable results.

But, I'm kinda tired of all the mixing so I'm going to give MC a go...

I have Shiskaberry clones on the way and will do a side by side comparison with AN/Mega Crop.

To be clear, a 44" x 54" x 4' high enclosure in a 10' x 10' room. 600w MH/HPS, 3 gallon cloth pots.

BTW > my well water ppm is ~500. Can anyone suggest what ppm to mix to ? I assume their feeding schedule will be useless for me ?

I have a bad habit of upping the nutrients until I see burn but would like to avoid that if possible 😉

The plan is to do the whole grow with MC without additives on one or two plants unless the girls look like they need help.

Any comments or suggestions on what to look out for ?

Cheers.
Dilute it with RO or distilled to about 150ppm.

Which mega crop version are you running? Have used the version 1 and the new 2 part. Only thing I ever needed to add was some mag sulfate.

chuck88

chuck88

Dilute it with RO or distilled to about 150ppm.

Which mega crop version are you running? Have used the version 1 and the new 2 part. Only thing I ever needed to add was some mag sulfate.
Thank you but I'm not interested in hauling/buying/processing water. Been there, done that !

Ph down with my well water is working with AN. Hopefully it does as well with MC.

But it does take 45 drops to bring 2.5L down to 6.2.

Whatever is the current version of one part they are shipping is the one I will be using :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you but I'm not interested in hauling/buying/processing water. Been there, done that !

Ph down with my well water is working with AN. Hopefully it does as well with MC.

But it does take 45 drops to bring 2.5L down to 6.2.

Whatever is the current version of one part they are shipping is the one I will be using :)

Cheers.
Well prob no shortage of minerals 😁 if it works it works... can't see how it wouldn't impact the grow even slightly but if your having success I don't blame ya.

I hear the version 3 is ok. V1 kicked ass V2 had issues with precipitate V3 apparently addressed the cal and mag from V1 and the precipitate from V2. With the new 2 part its similar to most 3 parts cal nitrate in one and PK and micros in the other allowing you to change ratios of NPK. Imo the 2 part is the best so far and contains a lot of extra goodies even though some are to low in concentration like silica.

I think you will like the v3 1 part for its simplicity and definitely the cost. It goes a long long way and while some don't like the company (I can't day I do either) it's a good option imo.

chuck88

chuck88

Update >

My how time flies when you are having fun !

One major change to the plan, on another forum a member was talking to a ProMix rep and he emphatically stated there is no need to ph their products...

So what the hay, I'm giving it a try ! Quit phing my well water on day 30.

Day 42 of four strains from autoflower dot ca. 2 x Gelato (at the back), King Gelato (front left), GG#4 (front right) and a Purple Silverback (middle).

Currently @ 4.5g/3L of MC and looking good !

The Girls 21 Feb 2022 Day 44   Copy

Cheers

chuck88

chuck88

Day 56

I was up to 6.7g/gallon of MC and the new growth was light green with corkscrewed leaves on three of the ladies.

Did a flush and went to a feed/water/feed the last week and a half with 4g/gallon and everything is back to normal.

GG#4 front right is 40 1/2", King Gelato front left is 30 1/2", she was topped and LST'ed.

The Girls 5 Mar Day 56

The Gelato back left started flowering quite a bit earlier and is bulking up nicely !

Gelato 28 Feb

Cheers

chuck88

chuck88

Day 60.

The Girls are making a run for it ! They are now at the top of my enclosure 😉

King Gelato (front left) has stretched an inch a day for the past week and a half, she's now 43". Gorilla Glue #4 (front right) is 40".

Water with 1g/gallon of Bud Explosion, then next feed with 4g/gallon of MC. Taking a gallon every two days....

C1 The Girls 9 Mar Day 60

King Gelato

C1 KG 9 Mar Day 60

Gorilla Glue #4

C1 GG 9 Mar Day 60

The Gelato's had started flowering quite a bit early and are bulking up nicely !

C1 Gelato 9 Mar Day 60

Cheers

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Your buds look great!!

A couple questions -

Do you use the 1 part MC?

What is your ppm after mixing 5g MC?

I’ve used both V1 and V2, but I’ve been using the 2 part since it came out (in PM/perlite/EWC). V1 was ok but I needed boosters in flower. V2 was a total let-down and I didn’t even take it all the way through one cycle. I really, really like the 2 part though.

chuck88

chuck88

Your buds look great!!

A couple questions -

Do you use the 1 part MC?

What is your ppm after mixing 5g MC?

I’ve used both V1 and V2, but I’ve been using the 2 part since it came out (in PM/perlite/EWC). V1 was ok but I needed boosters in flower. V2 was a total let-down and I didn’t even take it all the way through one cycle. I really, really like the 2 part though.

Yes, V3 one part. Purchased roughly one year ago...

My well water has a ppm of ~500. So 4g/gallon of MC gives me a ppm reading of ~1000.

I've been feeding by weight and @ 6.7g/gallon noticed that on two of my girls the new growth was light green and the leaves were corkscrewing.

Backed off to 4g/gallon and within a week things returned to normal. Then I slowly increased to 5g/gallon with the addition of 1g/gallon of Bud Explosion roughly once a week.

By the way, there is no need to add perlite to ProMix HP and the addition of EWC will have an unknown effect on your ppm's and ph as it breaks down.

In other words, ProMix Hp is buffered and there is no need to ph water in and I have no idea what the addition of EWC will do to the ph and ppm's.

Cheers

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Hah - thanks?

This is my preferred indoor medium after a decade of experimenting with everything. I do not use their HP. My max feed ppm is 600 in flower with RO, never tested ph with this version of MegaCrop. Plants are gorgeous til the day I chop. I spend maybe 2 hrs a week tending two 10x10 fresh air indoor rooms (60 plants if running SOG, 6-12 if growing large lollipops).

chuck88

chuck88

Working on some studio shots with strobes before final cut !

Gelato Auto, day 96. Trimming is going to be a breeze, I doubt if I removed more than a half dozen leaves !

Gelato front two

Cheers

SSgrower

SSgrower

Nice run, the pictures show the bulking up well, thank's for the views,Cheers SS

chuck88

chuck88

Nice run, the pictures show the bulking up well, thank's for the views,Cheers SS
Thank you for your comment !

I've got two more to go 😉

Really liking this staggered harvest, he, he...

And wet trimming while the branches are still on the plant. Fingers hardly get sticky, well, a little...

Cheers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom