Commercialization of Cannabis

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sensicloud

sensicloud

Guess time will tell...

Methinks the little fish will be eaten as the sharks move in..
I agree..the little fish won't be ballin, but can still survive and make a good living though. Look at the diff levels of quality already in legal states.. There is always room for niche markets whether it's coffee or maple syrup or cannabis. Folgers is billion$ but the bros at Marley Coffee are doing just fine selling a higher quality, higher price product in select markets. My .02 fwiw. Thanks for the great thread :D very interesting

trippinballz

trippinballz

I see folks comparing weed with coffee or craft beers sales. Not sure that's an "apples to oranges" comparison....but either way...folks who want to play on the scale of a small craft brewer (licensed for sales, not merely selling on the street/from his home) or someone who roasts bean and resells it to the public will need to pony up substantially and will be required to follow the rules the States put in place. (aka, set up a formal business venture)

Such a set up is a far cry from what many do at present...on the sly...with very little overhead and no oversight whatsoever. A lot of folks will lose the "passion" they claim to have once the Ben's stop pouring in. Look at any CO craigslist section for used equipment for proof.

Either way, time and time again I see folks trying to layer their current situation on a market that just isn't set up in any way, shape, or form to reflect that situation...ever...

Behind the scenes there will be movement...but without the ability to advertise/sell legally in the open, it's gonna be a game of knowing folks who buy weed, not simply just knowing folks.

Good luck kids...whatever/whichever way you decide to play.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Blow it up! It doesn't cost anymore to grow quality if your shit is dialed. Stay ahead of the curve and your setting the bar and creating the market. If you want to play in this game your going to have to stand tall and create what you want out of it. At least I keep telling myself that as I head to work :)

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

This I don't agree with. I have been trying many of the "clear" concentrates with added terpenes and it just does not cut it for me, in fact even the best shatter and wax does not do what a flower does. I have to think that there is much more going on with the flower than science is aware of, at least to my knowledge yet.

If you are speaking of something outside of clear or concentrate makers turning the flower market obsolete please elaborate.
Lets be honest... What we or any present day dispensary can do is a long cry from what big money can achieve.

I am already aware of the route they're taking but this is something I cannot discuss quite yet. Because this specific entity is revolutionizing the industry there is allot I cannot elaborate on until they're fully operational.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Lets be honest... What we or any present day dispensary can do is a long cry from what big money can achieve.

I am already aware of the route they're taking but this is something I cannot discuss quite yet. Because this specific entity is revolutionizing the industry there is allot I cannot elaborate on until they're fully operational.
God damn you have me very interested. Please keep us up to date when you can and pm me as I want to know any innovative actors within the industry.

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

All I wanted to offer my forum family is a glimpse inside what I am witnessing... Some of these corporate room builds are on a completely different level with the most efficient technology on the market.

I ran this thread by a coworker and several of his clients (again comparing this to beer) are brewing small batches of per flavor, like Sam Adam's, if the feedback and testing on the end batch is positive they mimic that vat in multiple small batches. Each batch or room is integrated into automated computer programming so that it will produce exactly the same quality product.

As I stated before I will continue to offer insight on how the big guys are setting things up..

To address our ability for continued profit, I feel Goo is dead on, you need to create a Brand, and build that hype. But best believe a transition is on the horizon and for those of us wanting to cash out on this bubble before it bursts need to have a plan in place.

I get that and have really enjoyed the debate. I think you really set me off with the mentality that the big guys are going to stomp out the little guys just cause they have big money to invest in tech and expert growers which is flat out untrue. I know just as well as you the type of tech that will go into these facilities and am not denying they will supply the majority for the masses but to disregard the connoisseur market saying there isn't anything significant to be made is a huge mistake for any investor. The boutiques will be using the same technology just on a smaller scale with more attention to detail. All it takes is one group of engineers to want that segment to succeed and produce the tech they need.

Its just funny to me that there are so many that think throwing big money and technology at something will make them successful.

Last edited:
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Back 2 the streets...LOL

Whos gunna front the homies dank when they aint got ends? Not the big boys!!!!
Juss call the Big Dog not them big boys...LOL

Some markets will never die!! Its always poppin in the hood... some people dont leave the hood they need stuff that's provided by the hood... its back 2 fronts & beat downs if u dont pay up... the big boys dont know nuthin bout that!!

Some people will always eat...

R

redlife215

I'm from the hood my dude and my hood would buy the cheapest best weed from wherever. They don't give a fuck bout keeping the money in the hood, I understand what u r talking bout and I really hope shit won't be as fucked up as I expect it to be, but on some g shit we are talking about when it becomes federally legal. That is a big difference from how it is in legal states at the monent. Try to think big and think of it as any other legal commodity any demand will be met and at a price that everybody can afford just like vodka. They have 5 dollar bottles and 100 dollar bottles poor people drink the cheap shit. Really try to remember that the big boys aren't playing right now for fear of it being federally illegal.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

But when there money is short the'll need a front & then the hood will tax.. there will still b money 2 b made in the hood.. the big boys cant take that...... when my hood is broke they go in2 the big store & jack there shit & sell it for 1/2 price bcuz the hood dont got money like that.. The underworld will still collect... im juss sayin there will still b a spot 4 the lil guy on the block.. it dont matter how cheap the big boys sell there weed>>> when the hood is broke there aint any money 2 buy there cheap weed.... there gunna need 2 call somebody & if its me then im gunna tax ur un-loyal ass... u want 2 spend ur money elsewhere when u got it>>>> then ur gunna pay with ur butt cheeks when ur broke.. LOL

Juss sayin!!

Tuku

Tuku

I agree..the little fish won't be ballin, but can still survive and make a good living though. Look at the diff levels of quality already in legal states.. There is always room for niche markets whether it's coffee or maple syrup or cannabis. Folgers is billion$ but the bros at Marley Coffee are doing just fine selling a higher quality, higher price product in select markets. My .02 fwiw. Thanks for the great thread :D very interesting

I think you're probably on the money here. Small growers will be able to carve their niche is attention is given to a specific grade or type of product, but it won't be nearly as lucrative for nearly as many people as it once was. The thing about coffee is that it's all about taste, not about caffeine content. Cannabis conversely is first and foremost about its constituent cannabinoids. If people want it as meds, they want those cannabinoids and at specific levels which will address their health issues. Taste comes after that. If companies can manufacture a product that delivers the exact amount of whichever cannabinoid required in a convenient pill or patch form, then buds, dabs and so on will become mere novelty. Most people would prefer not to fuck around smoking from a complex rig or inhaling carcinogenic smoke when they can just pop a pill and get the same medical benefits.

trippinballz

trippinballz

The commercial side will take the hit IF there's any "pause" in all of this. The Feds already said they don't have the manpower to police our private gardens. I'm goin with that

Not that it matters. We can play however they wanna play. Still have the hidden room with reflectors and everything else in place/ready to go (a keef treez tunnel)...just in case.:finger:

SpiderK

SpiderK

I just wrote an article about the future of cultivation and my thesis is that all indoor horticulture will cease within five years and light deprivation will take over. I even grew og in light dep and had it tested by steephill labs and it hit 23 percent, then I took 5 different indoor og tested from harborside and they averaged 23, then five samples of indoor og from elemental wellness and they averaged 22.8 percent. So along with the thc being in tact, the light dep has a more intense terp profile. The biggest difference is I used no artificial lights and produced the og at 25 dollars per unit! Trust me those thousand lighters don't have too much time left before cannabis starts being produced like every other plant commodity by being grown in the least expensive and most productive way. IMO

ive been saying this for two years but nobody wanted to listen ..... regulation plus the uber greenhouses will crush most growers as the money men / wallstreet take over. regulation is just a way u force out competition, just like the trucking industry ect .... regulation will come in the form of spot checks, forced testing , more taxes ect ....

light dep is indeed coming in the form of 20 million dollar greenhouses. same kubo's rocking the tomatoes in cali, european greenhouse scene ...

everyone is " shocked " when the political elite change said laws fucking with legal growers. its happening in cali, it will happen in colorado. the small midsized growers will be crushed by falling prices as more states go green in combination with very large growers cramming down pricing with 4 hectare / 12 acre greenhouse facilities .... they are state of the art in every way. feeding from above via mist, flood and drain, whatever u want, ..... special design for combating pest within, all for a cool 20-25 million. custom made glass for your location via the sun / latitude, everything is state of the art.

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

but the industry is wide open ......

many smart peeps will get nice jobs because these guys have no idea what's going on, they just have money. guys running around my state going in brew and grow asking workers how they can get 20,000 clones ...... LOL' many, many jobs will be created because they are clueless, and those in the black market industry on these forums have all the knowledge.

again, they have no idea whats need. but the other states will copy illinois on how they are taking total control of the industry. it will be the national playbook for other states. every grow must keep everything in house. delivery ( tied in w/state police), hash & baked goods equipment, testing equipment, security every single thing must be done by the grower. huge money but total control for the state.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

but the industry is wide open ......

many smart peeps will get nice jobs because these guys have no idea what's going on, they just have money. guys running around my state going in brew and grow asking workers how they can get 20,000 clones ...... LOL' many, many jobs will be created because they are clueless, and those in the black market industry on these forums have all the knowledge.

again, they have no idea whats need. but the other states will copy illinois on how they are taking total control of the industry. it will be the national playbook for other states. every grow must keep everything in house. delivery ( tied in w/state police), hash & baked goods equipment, testing equipment, security every single thing must be done by the grower. huge money but total control for the state.

I agree the times they are a changing. I also agree as you eluded that there will be many job openings in the legal departments and avenues, it will just take some mental changes. Funny thing is, there is no real industry left in America. The fact that ordinary Joe's like myself have been able to make a great living has been a luxurious drift from normal society, I guess what I am saying is that I am very thankful that I have had my job for as long as I have and I see at least five more years before federal regulation comes, of course the election could change my estimation slightly....but only slightly. Shit, it is really difficult to start anything in America as all the corps are able to destroy about anything that gets too big, imagine an organic ketchup that you start out of your own garden and then get some sort of backing to compete. A big corp like Heinz will copy your business model, produce a product even if they take a loss in it for a minute and destroy the organic brand you just got going. In essence, try to find a niche and a reason to compete now in order to ensure survival in the corporate shark filled waters.

I sincerely hope that somehow we end up with a cottage industry, it would be nice if there is still a demand for "micro brew" crops and a possibility for many to still profit. I assume that there will be all sorts of side businesses to be made and quite possibly a little money left over for the regulars. I assume this because I imagine that just like the way B.C. growing went when it became "corporate" or ran by true organized crime they sacrificed the amazing strains for large producing and early harvesting strains like M-39 and we very well may see the same thing with all the heavy producers being out of the question to be grown on small scale, ala blue dream in cali, because the big boys will work their business models around production estimates and at the end of the day there is still more money to be made by growing something like blue dream in mass to provide to the market at a lower rate than say focusing entirely on OG. Therefore, some of the finniky strains may be left to people like us to spend our time on and maybe get compensated at the end of the day.

On a personal note I hope to have the ability to produce top quality product at a profitable rate and still find the pleasure that I do in this industry. We will see what the future holds!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'd be agreeing wholeheartedly with light deprivation/GH cultivation, except that isn't it restricted right now in a few scenarios? I've been under the impression that in places like Colorado the plants cannot be seen at all.

Boutique models work, too. I'm sure they can. They can't do what the big money does, but that was never the point, was it?

SpiderK

SpiderK

the doom and gloom in here is just getting comical. since when did this community just step aside for suits? Sad to see so many here scared of a little competition/money and playing in the real business arena.

u see them on the forums now, asking basic questions. no clue but plans of starting something big....... many try at all levels and they normally fail then go under. many peeps hit colorado a few years ago with one million in hand, 8 pro growers later the small warehouse is collecting dust and the million is gone also ....

nobody should be scared but they should plan.

they will pepper the t.v's with ad's about unsafe, untested black market canna ....., forced testing for anybody selling it legal big or small, testing for chems or whatever, spot checks in the name of safety, just added cost .... regulation.

Top Bottom