Companion growing indoor for terpenes?

• Thread starter Wyodub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Wyodub

Is companion growing indoor a thing or is it possible? Fairly new grower here and starting to get into organic growing. I have a 5'x5' tent planning to grow a couple ladies in. I heard certain companion plants can help increase certain terpenes. Anyone have experience with increasing terpenes with companion plants? But main question is is it even worth considering for indoor setups? I'm assuming I would need a large pot/bed if I was to pull it off?

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

i haven't heard that companions help increase certain terpenes, interesting. My homie grows outdoors and uses companion plants not for this but for pest control or for healthy soil. I'm not sure it's gonna work indoor.

S

Shona

Is companion growing indoor a thing or is it possible? Fairly new grower here and starting to get into organic growing. I have a 5'x5' tent planning to grow a couple ladies in. I heard certain companion plants can help increase certain terpenes. Anyone have experience with increasing terpenes with companion plants? But main question is is it even worth considering for indoor setups? I'm assuming I would need a large pot/bed if I was to pull it off?
Plants develop terpenes to attract pollinators or rid itself of pets, often a plant defending itself from bugs will throw a pinene terpene in protection, I haven't heard or read anything about companion planting to stimulate terpenes only to protect plants from predation, many of those dont work unless activated by brushing up against them to release active compounds. A healthy well fed plant should produce great terpene profile of its own accord, only sick or deficient plants are prone to attack, so it would make sense the terp profile would also benefit from good plant management practices. I recently ran across an old fashioned gardening tip called ''electrifying'' very simple, copper conduit or wire wrapped around a stick, earthed into your garden bed or pot draws energy down into the soil from the ether, it reportedly increases plant vigour and yeild with plants rarely suffering disease or pests, I am about to experiment with it myself and figured that it somewhat makes sense as copper has anti viral properties. hope this helps and if you do find any companion plants that promote terpene production please let me know, there are also a few hippy tricks at end of flower that can be used to sweeten a plants taste and boost trichome production at the end, such as mollases, fruit teas ( mango or strawberry were recomended here, not an actual tea), and applying ice and cold in some flush water is said make trichs drip.

Top Bottom