Companion Plants??

• Thread starter BakedasBeans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FFMang

i'm a full time veggie/herb/flower farmer....

Alienboyd7 -- can you please post some references? thats a very bold statement, and quite frankly i dont think you're right.
what disease/virus/pest does tobacco harbor ...that is different from any other plant?

like i said, marigolds are susceptible to mold -- specifically Botrytis , the famed Bud Rot... thats why i didn't reccomend them...

i was recently speaking with a grower who uses his tobacco for spider mites, indoors and out, and never has them get out of control after using homemade nicotine spray.

MileHighChic -- Neem is toxic, to people and bugs. while in hawaii, a friend of mine recommended neem twigs to scrape/brush your teeth with... they work great, but if you use them for to long, you get rather sickly (nauseous, delerious, =Ill) please take my word for it :)
but the mint idea is great!! i'll have to try that this winter :) thanks!

F

farmerjohn

The asparagus doesn't hold up the buds, Baked. It's there as a healthy snack in the case of uncontrollable munchies!

F

farmerjohn

I have read about tobacco sprays for use on marijuana, but the previous poster is right. To do so, risks mosaic virus infection, which is definitely, NOT GOOD! Another string here has a guy who may be fighting tobacco mosaic virus & he is basically fucked!

There may well be plants that are beneficial & can be grown in close proximity to the ladies, but I'm sticking with Triple Action in the grow rooms, until it doesn't work anymore.

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Ya thats the only reason why ive been hesitant on using a tobacco spray. Ive had a few people reccomend it but I know it can bring in the mosaic virus which sounds like a headache and a half. I saw that thread as well john and it deffinatly doesnt look like something thats fun to battle.

A

AlienBoyD7

I'm sorry I dont have any references about tobacco and cannabis you just gotta go with what you know. I have grown both crops and it is just the way I learned. Now as far as companions for cannabis i say beets, after all we do use molassas late in flowering. Now I have use a homemade nicotine spray on tabacco plants ,but there are not many insect pest that mess with tabacco and they usually dont last long.

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Thanks for the links FF, ill check em out. Hmm ill have to research that and see what the other types are and where they come from, cus i honestly thought tmv was the only type of the mosaic virus so now i have some more learning to do haha.

A

AlienBoyD7

I just checked my seeds and no beets seeds so off to the seed store. I will grow some beets with my cannabis indoors...lol Now I was thinkin most of the time when you companion plant you have a high order of plant like cannabis or nicotianna and a low level companion. The pest find the low level plant. I have used nasturtiums and all the aphids find them . Leaving what I really am cultivating alone. Just a thought ...

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Alienboy, do you plant your beets in seperare containers? And have you ever used nasturtiums with cannabis??

A

AlienBoyD7

I am goin plant the beets in seperate one gallon pots. I have planted nasturtiums outdoors with cannabis. usually any aphids light on the nastys and then get thrown on the fire.

Top Bottom