comparison grow: HPS vs Induction

• Thread starter calbunn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sarlacc

Sarlacc

Yeah if the whole blog is about igrow than you can't really tell how they compare to other induction lights.

I'm keeping up with this side by side on the Qrazy Train @ Day 30. But even here the light on the left, the control side, is drawing 420 watts and the light on the right has a 460 watt draw. But at least it's close. Should be an interesting finish to see how much influence the 730 diodes have @ lights out when comparing the two sides. It might make where you could run a 13/11 or even a 14/10 cycle at flower.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

i won't be offended if you take back that last like, cause i mean you dood.

still your posts at the Farm are 95% in this thread, and bringing us regular newsflashes from Spliff's garden? (after he got butthurt here and left) don't you think those who want to follow along might already be over on rollitup by now?

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

ok I took my 'like' back. It didn't really occur to me your comments were aimed at me personally. Still I enjoy every aspect of the farm and read copiously throughout and will continue to do so. Thankfully there are seasoned members like yourself who can guard against anyone who's content appears to run afoul of your strict interpretations of what you consider makes a relevant post and what is marketing. I believed my contributions to be worthwhile in a thread that compared HID to Induction.

I just think more people should understand the technology and see the results instead of the usual hyperbole. If this thread is somehow tainted than you should use your considerable influence to have it taken down and those that would discuss the technology summarily banned. Until then I'll post up documents like this which I found to be an informative treatise on induction lighting that you may not find of value but others may.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

uh, i think that document is directly from the consulting firm indadgro used to develop their special phosphor coating. and seriously doubt i have any influence on even a single mod here. personally i wouldn't want that kind of censorship anyway (not that it matters, not my site).

thousands of readers have come here looking for unbiased info, and reading this thread helps show how hard that is to come by, with the kind of companies selling this tech so far.

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

As a well known farmer it sounds like you have some inside information on the way indagrow developed their lamps with Indulux that the average person would not have. Your comments would make sense why the author L Michael Roberts of that paper went on to develop an induction grow lamp line of his own. Here's a paper I found that describes his Econolux grow lamp.

http://www.econoluxindustries.com/Library/Building A Better Plant-light- EconoLux.pdf

His reports are excellent. Now if Roberts is the true vision behind companies like indagrow and igrow than it would be nice to see these lamps in some side by side grows. Perhaps even in this thread. But like you say with the kind of companies selling this tech so far Roberts/Econolux may represent the first legitimate company to bring this to market. Are there any companies out there which you've come across and could point to that have put up unbiased info? Also I thought both gardens looked healthy in the Qrazy Train vid's but if you feel the side by side itself is biased what would you do different?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

^and the efforts at social engineering never stop. Daryl again? or some other marketing genius playing the same game?

i bet if they represented this tech for it's true capabilities in the first place, instead of lying, exaggerating, and evading realworld comparisons for years now - perhaps they wouldn't still be sitting on a warehouse full of lamps, requiring all these perpetually desperate attempts at shill-salesmanship to the unwitting on anonymous web forums.

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

WTF are you talkin about...warehouse full of lamps, social engineering...? You take the time to rant but offer nothing in the way of constructive criticism like what constitutes a legitimate side by side. Is this technology so repugnant to you that you have to lash out at anyone who has an interest in it? You can learn alot from the Roberts papers and the side by side looks good. If that's biased its because I have eyes and a cerebro.

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

Had to keep looking but for a large 400 watt induction this looks like a very light weight reflector design and for a complete system that's made in the USA priced right. Looking for some grows under them so far haven't found any. But their spectrums look amazing and its only one lamp for veg and flower.

http://smartgrowlamps.com/

they also offer a larger 500 watt model

http://www.smartgrowlamps.com/open-reflectors/pro-500-reflector-500-watt/

'currently out of stock' probably because the farmers keep snappin em up. :)

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

'currently out of stock' probably because the farmers keep snappin em up. :)
or maybe because they're just another affiliate-marketing company like most of the commercial induction distributors you find on the web.

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

affiliate of who? You could say the same thing about 99% of the HID lamps that say grow lamp on the box and the hydro shop sells @ 3x the price as a commercial lighting supply house. This company is the only ones that I've seen doing a 500 watt induction which is why I thought it was noteworthy. Ultimately it still comes down to plant response to the chosen light no matter where you bought it or how much you spent.

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

Just watched the day 35 update on the side by side. IMO both gardens are moving along nicely but the grower is estimating the side with the pontoon is around 30% bigger then the side that is just straight induction. So unless they're really screwing with everyone by dropping an HPS in this grow when not filming it is what it is.

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

Why would I call iGrow for something SmartLamps makes? They exist. They're on their site. They just don't have them in stock is all. Just sayin the higher wattage 500 might do even better than the lower wattage ones I see in the QT vids.

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

Substitute ribs for nutes or a lighting system and this could be your local hydro store. :p

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Why would I call iGrow for something SmartLamps makes? They exist. They're on their site. They just don't have them in stock is all. Just sayin the higher wattage 500 might do even better than the lower wattage ones I see in the QT vids.
Sarlacc, what you don't (or pretend not to) know could fill a book. i've obviously done considerable work on this subject, and as you surmised, i do indeed have a depth of inside-info which these vendors are not sharing publicly (and neither can i for privacy reasons). i also own(ed) and have tested some of the lamps being discussed.

if you are truly interested from a consumer perspective, perhaps you might follow a few of the many clues i dropped? but if all you're here to do is bump this thread to get it more attention, well that seems pretty shady (or just weird).

for those who haven't noticed, have a look at Sarlacc's posting history, all s/he does here at the Farm is sockpuppet in this thread. I wonder why that is?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

yep i've noticed that too cerebro...sweatin some plasma hood nuts over here...

Sarlacc

Sarlacc

Well I'm happy to hear you've owned and tested some of these lamps. It means your not as closed minded as I had originally thought. Now simply because I know it bugs you I'm posting a day 40 update. Don't waste your time watching it cerebro cuz you won't have shit to say about it anyway. :finger:

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Well I'm happy to hear you've owned and tested some of these lamps. It means your not as closed minded as I had originally thought. Now simply because I know it bugs you I'm posting a day 40 update. Don't waste your time watching it cerebro cuz you won't have shit to say about it anyway. :finger:

I have some shit to say!

if my tops were that big on day 40 i'd be throwing shit through walls. I really hope that strain is just pathetic because there's now way people hawk lights that do that. That's straight fucked up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom