Complete Diy Undercurrent Rdwc Instructions

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Badrice

Badrice

Sounds good. The single pipe should make for a cleaner setup in my case where space is sort of cramped on that side of the room.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Awesome stuff! Few questions, mostly noob plumbing stuff.
1. What is the black hosing called and what size do you use? You mentioned 3/4" inch in the videos but wasn't sure by your phrasing.
2. My chiller has threaded 1" female inlet/outlet, what pvc adapter would i use to connect the 3/4" hosing to the chiller? Im guessing it would be a 1" threaded male to 3/4" slip but I dont know if the slip end implies that it goes snug inside a 3/4" hose or if they would be the exact same size and not able to be connected.

H

heisen

Awesome stuff! Few questions, mostly noob plumbing stuff.
1. What is the black hosing called and what size do you use? You mentioned 3/4" inch in the videos but wasn't sure by your phrasing.
2. My chiller has threaded 1" female inlet/outlet, what pvc adapter would i use to connect the 3/4" hosing to the chiller? Im guessing it would be a 1" threaded male to 3/4" slip but I dont know if the slip end implies that it goes snug inside a 3/4" hose or if they would be the exact same size and not able to be connected.
I used regular garden hose on mine.I believe the water chiller uses a 3/4 inch but you would have to check cause sometimes they list ID and OD differently.If a regular garden hose will fit over it than you can use the garden hose repair fitting to work.

H

heisen

Another user on the forum built his system to the specs and followed the videos I made.i have to say I'm impressed with his results.he didnt want to post the pics under his name but messaged them to me and said he didnt mind if I shared them.
20181019 060249

And this pic was 2 days later.

Snapchat 1483737745

Way to go man.im glad someone got some usage and knowledge from this.

Badrice

Badrice

Just curious which return pump you are using or recommend, I am just doing a 4-6 site for now, but not sure which brand is better for a external pump.

Thanks.

Kpc0721

Kpc0721

Just curious which return pump you are using or recommend, I am just doing a 4-6 site for now, but not sure which brand is better for a external pump.

Thanks.

He’s running a 320gph or around there, same with me and it’s a good amount of movement, especially if only doing a 4 or 6 site

Thanks.

Heisenbubble is somewhere around 300gph for his 12site, I’m using a dancer 320gph for a 8 site and works great. You could go with that or even less like a 250gph if you wanted to save a few bucks

H

heisen

Thanks.
Yeah a 250 is more than enough

Kpc0721

Kpc0721

@heisenbubble Hey quick question, for the top of reservoir did you simply just drill a small hole and screw the plastic fitting into the brass fitting with a washer and it seals fine?

H

heisen

@heisenbubble Hey quick question, for the top of reservoir did you simply just drill a small hole and screw the plastic fitting into the brass fitting with a washer and it seals fine?
I used a rubber washer underneath and screwed the plastic underneath.sealed fine.Its all low pressure stuff

Badrice

Badrice

Another quick question, What did you use to tighten your bulkheads? I ended up going 2". Just curious if I need to grab a strap wrench or if you had something that worked better.

Badrice

Badrice

Pretty much what I snagged from the old Home Depot. My leaks are now a thing of the past. Letting the cement dry out a bit and running it overnight outside where I built it so I can make sure everything is as close to 100% ready when I bring it inside.

H

heisen

Pretty much what I snagged from the old Home Depot. My leaks are now a thing of the past. Letting the cement dry out a bit and running it overnight outside where I built it so I can make sure everything is as close to 100% ready when I bring it inside.
Cement?

Badrice

Badrice

Its on my patio. I had leaks before so the concrete its sitting on is wet. Once it drys I can let it run nonstop and make sure nothing leaks.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Where’s a good thread to ask you about feeding? Namely bennies and nutrients you’re using. Almost done building this thing out, thanks again for paying it forward!

W

wowoklol

Had trouble on a flush tonight priming the pump. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Got it going and was pissed off cause I had water everywhere so
I lost my shit over some water on the floor. Did a flush and couldn't get my pump re-primed very easy. Drained nice and easy, refilled just like you do, but the damn pump wouldn't go. Any tips there? My pump is external just like yours. I'm gonna go back down there in a min and clean shit up, but I had to walk away. lol. Running this setup in a 4x4 tent with 6 sites. 1/2hp chiller. 4gallon buckets, 42gallon top off, 55 gallon res to mix r/o and nutes. I need to adjust spacing a bit after this grow. Sites are a little too close to the walls of the tent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom