Complete Noob!

• Thread starter SuperSk420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alien Abductee

well i'm already gonna be running 3 fans including the filter so its gonna be quite noisy as it is.. i might buy some LED for my next grow and use less fans depending on what kinda heat they are gonna give off (not a lot if Aliens words are the truth :D). Grow room is all set up now, got all my coco coir and nutes so ready to go now using 2 x 125w CFL's for now probs gonna go for an HPS next pay day tho.

how many lumens is the 125 watt cfl compared compared to the 105 watt? I think the ones I buy are 105w 7100 lumen.

are the cfls 6500k, 5000k, 2700k?

how many plants are you flowering?

S

SuperSk420

ok after a bit of reading im gonna switch things up. Gonna run a 250w HPS with a blue bulb 125w cfl at the same time. A guy said that this is a good combination so i'm gonna give it a try. I was looking at the UFO LED light systems but there seems to be mixed reviews about them so im gonna wait until i move into my new place before i try LED as i'm kind of on a stealth grow so noise is an issue to me. I'm doing 2 plants at a time in 20 litre pots (i think). Nutes i have got are Canna A/B, Rhizotonic, Cannazym and using Hammerhead PK 4/8 for flowering. Just waiting for the last few bits to arrive (ordered a pretty neat inline fan which runs at 18dB instead of the one i have now which runs about 30dB and is noisy, the 250w HPS is en route which is gonna give out 24000 lumens to run alongside my envirolite 125w CFL which puts out around 9000 lumens and a bag of perlite :D) once all this has arrived then i'm gonna start germing the seeds. Debating whether to plant 2 northern lights x big bud seeds to start off with or 1 of them and the other strain i've got called spicy white devil. I already mixed up all the coco coir which in hindsight i probly should have waited til i got the perlite but nevermind hey? The company i ordered my nutes from sent a duplicate order through aswell which was nice of them as they didnt charge me for it so i have 2 x the amount of nutes now :P.

Wish me luck and may the ganja gods look out for us all! Will start adding photo's and stuff once the operation is underway :D

Cheers SSK

A

Alien Abductee

LED lights are amazing at stealth grows. Small enclosed spaces, you cant get much better than a led light. No heat to worry about and if enclosed, throw around a lot of PAR. What is the dimensions of your grow?

A

Alien Abductee

I closet grow with 270w led and 210w cfl and pull off bud that i never did with hid and bigger spaces.

A

Alien Abductee

There are some differences growing with led rather than hid most people are not aware of. The soil has to be much lighter, leds do not generate heat and if the soil is too heavy, it wont dry out, sufficating the roots. Id highly recommend lst or scrog the penetration on the leds suffers some, so if you can keep the plant within the foot print, you'll have great results. I also suppliment the led with cfl in flower, they work great together.

In a small space id sleep a lot better at night not worrying about the heat of the hid light on the plants and definitely go with a led light.

to judge an led light by lumens is not really fair. It thows off a lot of light the plant can use, called PAR.

an hid the plant will only use roughly 10% of the light thrown at it. a 90w led generates as much par as a 400w MH light, which is why I supplement with 2700k cfls on flower.

If you treat the led as a MH light, you'll have much better results by adding in some 2700k spectrum.

Top Bottom