Compost tea dilution rates

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

What is considered a good compost tea dilution rate?

1:0, 1:1, 1:3?

I wanna get this figured out before I go out and buy a brewer.

Thanks in advance.

T

toquer

I have a Vortex Brewer from Progress Earth. I use roughly 15 to 20 gallons a day of tea and brew it perpetually. For the recommended 5 gallon dose the tea would be 600ppm made from RO. My tea is typically brews at 400ppm. I feed that directly.

Tnelz

Tnelz

So for teas I say go straight bro. If ur uncomfortable doing that u can cut it in half and I'm sure it would still be great. No need though. I make my own and they come out around 450 to 600ppms and they go straight in. I've been messing with boogie brew as of late and they say ten to one. I say the hell with that and add them straight to soil and Coco with no adverse effects. Brew it and dump that goodness in and have no worries bro. Good luck!

chuckchill

chuckchill

I dont even dilute the bitch,:-)lol. a few cups @ the stem base! then just plain water + orka to water it all in. WORKS GREAT. U MAKE LESS! UR PLANTS ? ACT DIFF! DOING IT THAT WAY! CHEK IT OUT?ITS COOL.
PEACE.
C.C
What is considered a good compost tea dilution rate?

1:0, 1:1, 1:3?

I wanna get this figured out before I go out and buy a brewer.

Thanks in advance.

Blaze

Blaze

Dr Elaine Ingham, who is generally regarded as an expert of teas, recommends in her book 'The Compost Tea Brewing Manual' to not dilute tea more than 10-1. Tea's are not like nutrients, they do not require a specific dilution rate. The water is really just a 'carrier' for the micro-organisms. I dilute mine usually about 5-1, but the rate depends on how much area I need to cover. If I am just drenching a few plants and I don't need much, I'll use it straight. If I have to do a large area I will up the dilution to however many gallons I need to cover said area.

Top Bottom