Watering seedlings how much is too much, how much is too little?

• Thread starter Waffleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Waffleman

Waffleman

I had a plant that had huge calyx on it and inside it had undeveloped seeds thought it was really cool I just figure she is a fertile mertel just keep her away from males the one I had was super horny I guess she had huge buds I'll look for some pics....found them look at the buds on this girl...
damn crazy!

Waffleman

Waffleman

I just want to add,
I can’t stress this enough,
Wait until it’s dry, and then water it.

I think that was missed above. 🤣
Absolutely, I had to break that rule a bit for the nomatodes (for like 2 weeks you have to keep the soil moist, I'm guessing for the nomatodes to be able to survive.) But soon I will go back to this rule ;) Ty!

zack991

zack991

I have been using a spray bottle for the seeds, gets the soil plenty wet at this stage..I have more control of how much water i put down.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Big thanks for the confirmation!

The lamp is as high as i can put it in the tent away from the top canopy. Which is 21 inches about. The lamp is this one https://www.spider-farmer.com/products/sf-1000-led-grow-light/

It has a dimmer function and i set it to 45% ish
That’s not to much light
your in flower now by the looks of it I might turn that up to 75%/80% depending on the dimmer settings.

21’’ Is a tad close 25” would be better still it is what it is and under only 100w they should be fine

Waffleman

Waffleman

That’s not to much light
your in flower now by the looks of it I might turn that up to 75%/80% depending on the dimmer settings.

21’’ Is a tad close 25” would be better still it is what it is and under only 100w they should be fine
Thanks for the feedback. I turned it up to 60% to start and I'll slowly bring it up more over the coming days.

The second plant is way further away from the light also. I went full dumb dumb and was like, I'll bend one plant and the other I'll just let it grow straight to see what happens. (Haven't done that before, usually always bending down or topping) But now I'm with the issue that one plant is way closer to the light than the other.. Mah bad. But I'll just roll with it for now.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Where there’s a problem there’s a solution

Next time or this time put the smaller plant on something to raise it like a milk holder or an upturned plastic pot.

Last edited:
Waffleman

Waffleman

Heyo the plants are doing decent I think however I did notice about a couple days ago that the tips of the leaves is starting to get that reddish brown color. (See photo)

One thing to note is that both plants are having it and that it seems to be less noticeable towards the bottom of the plant.

These are autoflowers about 4-5 weeks into flower i believe? The light is hanging about 22 inches from the top of the canopy.

One thing I've also been noticing but maybe thats normal is that my other plant you can see in the background will get kinda droopy during a certain time of the day. When I wake up in the morning the plant looks pretty normal. A couple of hours before lights out he starts getting droopy. Could the plant be anticipating lights out? Or is it a sign of something else? It'd be one thing if it did it all the time. But it only does it like 3 hours before lights out.

In contrast the other plant is almost reaching to the max here which I'm also not sure about 🫠

Thanks in advance if anybody has any nuggets of wisdom to share! Also if you need more info or pictures lmk

Signal 2024 05 07 193518 002
Signal 2024 05 07 194257 002
Signal 2024 05 07 194257 003
Waffleman

Waffleman

The plant that hasn't been bent down is starting to also kind of claw at the top leaves. Again not sure why except maybe too close to the light? I tried hanging the light a bit hiogher still (although had to get a bit creative). Maybe that will help

Waffleman

Waffleman

Thinking maybe nitrogen toxicity as well? I watered them yesterday without any nutrients. I'm using Advanced Nutrients this time around. And their support line suggested giving the plants nutrients with every watering. Which I think is likely a mistake, probably should be Nutes-regular water-Nutes. Something like that

Latest posts

Top Bottom