compost teas: how late? last feeding of the cycle?

• Thread starter endora
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

endora

I'm curious how late in the bloom cycle y'all give your girls AACT?

I'm using microbeman's tea recipe (compost, EWC, molassis, fish hydrosylate) but with a bit of high-P bat guano added. The tea isn't very 'hot' nutritionally... just wondering if there's a downside to using it, say, 2 weeks before the finish? My reasoning being that those microbes will help the plant gobble up the last of the nutrients. Thoughts?

T

toquer

I wonder the same and am looking to brew something different form weeks 7 on.

E

endora

I'm wondering if I should maybe drop the bat guano. The molassis is fairly weak as I'm only using a cup for 15 gallons.

zombie III

zombie III

it's basically just a bennies inoculant right? i would have thought it would be fine to use...

E

endora

If you use organic fertilizers, teas provide microbes which then colonize your soil, and those microbes poop, which then feeds your plants. It greatly enhances oil production and terpenes; smell and flavor. The plants go crazy for it. You can do a search for AACT for more info; pretty interesting stuff.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
if im correct i believe its Bacteria in the beginning and fungi in the end.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm curious how late in the bloom cycle y'all give your girls AACT?

I'm using microbeman's tea recipe (compost, EWC, molassis, fish hydrosylate) but with a bit of high-P bat guano added. The tea isn't very 'hot' nutritionally... just wondering if there's a downside to using it, say, 2 weeks before the finish? My reasoning being that those microbes will help the plant gobble up the last of the nutrients. Thoughts?
Not as far as I can see, but I don't usually use much more than the castings and molasses at the end. In fact, if you're looking for a good late season fade and your girls haven't gotten there, push more sugar, if molasses is your thang then do that. You'll cause a bacterial bloom, they'll fix the N temporarily in their bodies. Harvest before they start dying off or you could possibly, but not definitely, cause N+, which we wouldn't want near the finish.

How late in the cycle I'll feed tea really depends on how I'm feeling and how the girls are looking. But generally I don't think I ever have done that in the last two weeks, I like to push sugars a bit in those last two weeks.
I'm wondering if I should maybe drop the bat guano. The molassis is fairly weak as I'm only using a cup for 15 gallons.
I consider that to be a normal dosing rate for something like liquid molasses--not too much, not too little. I would indeed drop the bat guano.
Are AACTs compatible with non-organic grows or is it redundant?
Redundancy wouldn't be the word I would think of. They *can* be compatible, but only IF you're feeding at very low rates, especially P. They're more touchy when using chemical salt fertilizer programs and require regular re-inoculation of the cultures. The simplest are Microbeman's recipes, which are all based on worm castings and molasses at its simplest.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I'd keep them on the fungal dominant side if u were going to use as the last feed. I don't see any real problem with it. Give it a shot and if u like the final product awesome. If u don't don't do it again. Good luck either way.

Top Bottom