Condensation problem...need advice.

• Thread starter KillBillBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KillBillBuds

Can you take the heated air passed through the lights and duct it back to the beginning to mix with the cold air coming in? JK

RR & I were just talkin...and we came up with something similar. Thinking about putting a new 8 inch tee above the old one and connect it to the ceiling. During the winter, just recirculate the attic air through the hoods...during the summer, disconnect the tee from the ceiling & use the one from the wall that is pulling the fresh air in.

Does this seem like it will work?

Here are some pics to give you an idea of my set up.

Bloom Room 001
Bloom Room 003
stickyicky

stickyicky

Can you take the heated air passed through the lights and duct it back to the beginning to mix with the cold air coming in? JK

That's similar to my thoughts on this.

I have condensation buildup at my 4" and 6" intake fittings coming from outside. I exhaust both light vent fans (intake from garage) along w/ carbon filter fan to attic. I'm thinking of reversing the outside intake and the filter fan. This should give warmer intake solving the condensation problem and allowing use of the heater during lights off only. This will probably reduce the overall humidity in the room pulling from attic as well.

Does this sound like it will fly?

stickyicky

stickyicky

Sorry Bill forgot about you being sealed.

Your idea will bring up your temps and hopefully stop the mushture. Good Luck

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I would say def wrap it. The insulation will put a stop to it. Same thing happens in the attic when you have a hot ass day and cold ass AC'd air or vice versa in the winter. The duct wrapping is sealed on both sides and the ducting tape that is silver on one side and duct tape like on the other (gray) is waterproof just for that reason. Good luck and nice setup BTW.

E

easypleasie

I had a chance to test the fan controller on the lights this weekend. I have two rooms, one with overhead lighting and one with vert and cool tubes. Temp was mid 40's outside and my humidity in the room is around 65-70%. Overhead lighting room had very little condensation so a complete success for that room. No more drops!

The vert room had a little more condensation but significantly less than before. No more drops there either.

But the real kicker is I was able to get some much needed heat into the room with lights on. Slowing the fans down offset the super cold air that was coming in.

K

KillBillBuds

Thanks to everyone who offered help and advice!

Cut a hole in the ceiling, installed the tee, and reconnected the flexible ducting.

Testing tonite after the lights turn on...

K

KillBillBuds

Recirculating the attic air is working...no condensation. Dehumidifier taking care of humidity.

We're back baby!!!

J

Jalisco Kid

Now you might put too much humidity in the attic and damage the wood. JK

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
You only have to wrap insulated ducting until you get to the lights then you should be ok. I had that problem before I switched to adjustawings.

K

KillBillBuds

Now you might put too much humidity in the attic and damage the wood. JK

Not adding any humidity. Just pulling attic air to cool hoods & exhaust back into attic. Climbed up there and everything seemed fine....and I definately don't have any condensation on the ducting or hoods anymore!

Now back to just growin...

Peace, KBB

Top Bottom