confusion over deficiency, help appreciated!

• Thread starter rekonn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rekonn

rekonn

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clones
2. How old are your plants? 1 month
3. How tall are your plants? foot and a half
4. What size containers are they planted in? 1 gallons
5. What is your soil mix? Black gold soil with even more added worm castings
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? every 2 days, or until top layer isn't moist./ Crystal geyser water
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.3
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? GO organic line
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") T-5 55watts/ plants in veg
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 6 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 3x3
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? temp 77 - humidity- 50%
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No
16. How much experience do you have growing? None

I can't tell exactly whats going on.. is it magnesium deficiency? 2 different strains, same thing happening. Dark green fan leafs= Alien OG, light lime green leaf is Cherry Pie. Started with plain watering with crystal geyser water (investing in R/0 system asap) for about 3 weeks left for 2 days, got back and they were looking sad, not as sad as the pictures but sad none the less, soil was not believed to be under watered or over watered at that time......(Minor tip burn?, the veins are still a dark green/purplish color, while in between is fading to a yellowish). Symptoms didn't improve after 2 days so i started with a feeding at half strength camag+, biothrive Grow, bio Root, as well as bio weed from the GO line. 3 days later and the pictures are where they're at.
The things i am seeing are..starts at old growth and works it's way up, leaf veins are still dark green/purpleish, but in between is yellowing, tips of leafs are burnt and sides of leaves some times start with a brownish spot and develop into either burning the sides of the leaf off, eventually leading to about half the leaf getting engulfed by the brown spots taking over and gets toasted and falls off on its own or just staring at it makes it come off.. the other thing is some of the stems are purple and some aren't, as well as some fan leafs showing the top part of the stem to be purple and the other side of the stem (facing down) to be green or sometimes pale in color.

I'm assuming i messed up in the soil department and the black gold with just castings didn't have enough, "juice" if you will to keep them healthy that far into veg? Was the only soil i could get my hands on at that time, but i plan on switching to a new more amended soil called empire builder.

I know i messed up, but i can't seem to pinpoint one exact deficiency..it looks as though i caused a magnesium D, or possibly a potassium D?....sulfur D? Both? All 3? None?!Help, please!!!! Thank you kindly for your time and thank you in advance...great community.

Confusion over deficiency help appreciated
Confusion over deficiency help appreciated 2
Confusion over deficiency help appreciated 3
Confusion over deficiency help appreciated 4
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
1st pic Mg-, 2nd pic Mg-, 3rd pic wobbly, 4th pic Mg-.

That's my opinion.

rekonn

rekonn

1st pic Mg-, 2nd pic Mg-, 3rd pic wobbly, 4th pic Mg-.

That's my opinion.

Thank's Seamaiden, i initially thought that, but then as i researched more and more all the deficiency's seemed to blend together and i couldn't pin point exactly what happens. Sorry for the 3rd picture being wobbly, i was trying to show that the new fan leafs at the top are pretty healthy but that the dark veins of the plant and the color in between the veins is starting to dull a bit. Thanks again Seamaiden. Input is still welcomed for this nooby. Thanks guys and gals.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Super easy way to tell if it's Mg- is to get some Epsom salt (MgSO4) and dilute at the rate of 1g (or 1tsp by volume, this is how I measure it) per 1 gallon water, and add a few drops of soap or something to act as a sticker-spreader, then apply as a foliar. If it greens up within a day or three (three at MOST usually), then there you have it, plant's short on available Mg. If not, then you have an uptake or utilization problem that would need to be further teased apart.

Top Bottom