Consider Cogos

• Thread starter Flybear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
az2000

az2000

I think it's revealing that someone with such "interesting history" associated with their name, would boldly attach their name to their product. Most people would name it "God's Chosen Nutrients" and lay low. It seems like exceptionally poor judgement to make the "interesting history" such a wedge issue for their product.

And then all the talk about how "there's context." I don't think most people would go to that effort to diminish the "where there's smoke, there's fire" stigma -- when someone would recklessly tie that stigma to the product (for no reason at all.).

None of that is a glowing sign of rationality. It's impossible that any nutrient brand is so good that it's worth overlooking all the warning signs. ("Hi, I'm Pontius Pilate. I killed God incarnate. But, I've got some dee-lish nutrients that your plant will love. Forget about the past! You have to take it all in context. It's too blurry to really understand anyway. Won't you try my Thirteen Pieces of Silver nutrient lineup?").

Wouldn't it make more sense to name it "Magic Bull Sperm" and play down all the other drama? The fact that someone wouldn't even *think* about that, sounds like they have self-destructive traits.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
from what i have gathered is that Nevil was already working with authority's over seas and cogo was involved and dealing with what i posted below

https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data...qSQW31_IovLJ0cod75HoygcLG-Zw9bvTww8PhoUFFgCgc.

i have also gathered evidence that it was Nevil and cogos national distributor who turned in cogo for cultivating while working for Nevil. Apparently the group he was involved with didn't like that he was growing . i have also gathered information that while cogo was in jail he was visited by pinkertons who after doing a little research only work for government and corporations.

Throw up the evidence then. It's not about emotions. I don't know any of these people. Have never done business with them and never would. That was a long time ago. It's about someone working with the DEA. That someone who runs a cannabis specific nutrient company. That nutrient line doesn't get sold in stores and can only be bought directly from them. Who in the past gave up a customer list to the DEA. It's about the company you are giving information to if you decide to use that nutrient line. It's up to you to decide. You seem to be thinking we are all giving Neville a pass but same goes for him also if he was working for the DEA.

Post up whatever evidence you gathered so people can make up their own minds. It's hard to dispute facts. Easy to sway a conversation from just anecdotes. The only thing I have considered in this whole thing is his affidavit to the DEA and what he said in it. My opinion of him and his nutes is based solely on that as well as it should be. That happened. For whatever reason who knows. If you like his nutes and can safely get them without jeopardizing any of your personal info go for it. You play with fire long enough you will eventually get burned.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I came to thc farmer to discuss the history of how and who started the cannabis industry . Obviously you don't mind saying whats on your mind no matter how inaccurate and opinionated it may be perhaps its attributed to your age or ignorance or both. In other words people usually think before they speak obviously you have no experience in doing either no matter who you insult or how much of a simpleton you may project yourself to be. Cannabis is federally illegal yet many come here to buy seeds at thc farmer. i find it highly suspicious and reckless

I stated my opinion in a discussion forum. Sorry you disagree despite the guy admitting giving info to the dea.

and now you are the one throwing immature insults. Just like the rat.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
After doing a little online research it seems that many are over looking the big picture
The DEA had decided to investigate the advertising inside the High Times and Sinsemilla Tips with the goal of shutting down the blooming indoor marijuana industry using United Parcel Service records to trace deliveries of indoor growing equipment and seeds.

The three key targets of Green Merchant were the High Times Magazine, Sinsemilla Tips Magazine and the Holland's Seed Bank owned by Nevil Schoenmakers.[4]
https://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/27/us/119-seized-in-drive-to-halt-indoor-marijuana-growing.html

https://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/08250602msm.pdf
In recent years the federal Drug Enforcement Agency (“DEA”) has subpoenaed records from shipping companies to obtain information about customers of businesses selling equipment that might be used for growing marijuana.

and this
Founded in the early 1970s, High Times continues to promote the values of the drug-using counterculture of that era. It publishes articles touting the medical and environmental virtues of marijuana, attacking government drug policies and, more recently, ridiculing national drug control director William J. Bennett ("What Jerks! Bennett Blasts Pot While Aide Has Nicotine Fit," read one recent headline.)

The magazine, which claims a circulation of 250,000, also regularly publishes advertisements for drug paraphernalia, such as pipes, bongs and special horticultural equipment that could be used to grow marijuana indoors. Another regular feature is "Trans-High Market Quotations," a sort of stock index of the drug trade, listing current marijuana prices in select cities across the country.
Those features have made the magazine a red flag to DEA, whose officials have described High Times as an open invitation to violate the drug laws.
After Editor Steven Hager and three other High Times officers were served the grand jury subpoenas in late May, the magazine received a follow-up letter from the U.S. attorney's office in New Orleans declaring High Times the target of the grand jury investigation.

The magazine's lawyers then moved to quash the subpoenas on First Amendment grounds -- a motion that was denied at a June 20 hearing before U.S. District Judge Adrian G. DuPlantier in New Orleans.

Floyd Abrams, a prominent First Amendment lawyer whose clients include the New York Times. "It is true that advertisements for illegal activities are not protected by the First Amendment

None of that has to do with Cogos or him working with the DEA cause a business deal went south with his nutes. You are doing a real bad job of arguing the point we all made except with personal insults. You are acting like we are life time subscribers to high times or something or give 2 shits what that mag was involved in. Stop deflecting. The whole point of this thread is Cogos and his nutes. Not high times. Not Neville. Not OGM. Context doesn't change the facts or what he said in that affidavit. The reasons for it might but that's a mute point unless you are trying to get to know the dude or care about his life story. I, for one, am only worried about peoples security. Could care less about everything else that doesn't involve growing plants.

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I find it funny we keep getting preached to about basic op sec when dealing with things online in the hobby we all choose but we are the crazy ones to light a match to a company who founder submitted an affidavit to the DEA and turned over customer lists but we are dumb for buying seeds or posting online like we all don't know what the fuck we are doing and some of us haven't been doing this for 20+ years with zero issues cause we spot shady shit from the get go and avoid it with a 10 ft pole.

Group buy on the nutes anyone? We can ship them to my home addy. After that I just need all of your home addys and then i will personally deliver it to you. Nothing to worry about here. Totally legit.

G

guchi

None of that has to do with Cogos or him working with the DEA cause a business deal went south with his nutes. You are doing a real bad job of arguing the point we all made except with personal insults. You are acting like we are life time subscribers to high times or something or give 2 shits what that mag was involved in. Stop deflecting. The whole point of this thread is Cogos and his nutes. Not high times. Not Neville. Not OGM. Context doesn't change the facts or what he said in that affidavit. The reasons for it might but that's a mute point unless you are trying to get to know the dude or care about his life story. I, for one, am only worried about peoples security. Could care less about everything else that doesn't involve growing plants.
i apologize if you believe i am insulting you. certainly if i choose to do so i would have been more explicit. I am not arguing for anyone. The point that i am getting across is that there is more to the story than "cogo did it" the cannabis movement didn't start like a fart in the night and cogo is being blamed for its shortcomings which sounds like he is a scapegoat. From what i gathered in this forum is that the majority of people drank the koolaide and will stick to the current "cogo did it " he is a rat story no matter what and when there is that much animosity you will never get to the bottom of it. Steve Hagar from high times is following suit.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i apologize if you believe i am insulting you. certainly if i choose to do so i would have been more explicit. I am not arguing for anyone. The point that i am getting across is that there is more to the story than "cogo did it" the cannabis movement didn't start like a fart in the night and cogo is being blamed for its shortcomings which sounds like he is a scapegoat. From what i gathered in this forum is that the majority of people drank the koolaide and will stick to the current "cogo did it " he is a rat story no matter what and when there is that much animosity you will never get to the bottom of it. Steve Hagar from high times is following suit.

The canabis “movement” as you call it started in california in 1996 with medical weed.

The breeders and nute sellers you are talking about simply took advantage of the black market and their only goal was to make lots of money.

I have only been in the industry since 1983 in america. And when i was offered a deal by the da to turn others in for a reduced sentence i kept my fucking mouth shut.

And you dont know who i am and there are no investigations or articles about me or anyone i was involved with. See how that works?

And the dude admitted he is a rat. You dont talk to the police period.

And if neville worked with the police he is a rat too.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

I understand what you are saying. I think the whole story does involve all of that. The simple basic point is what I said and that's the only point I'm making specifically dealing with this nute line and the dude behind it. Whole start of the thread. Trust me i'm not discounting all the shit about High Times staff and mag or Neville. I just don't think that has any bearing on if you decide to use these nutes and the potential security risk you are taking doing so from the past history. That's the only thing I'm saying about the whole thing. The whole OGM, High Times, Neville, Cogos soap opera is a much bigger discussion but that's getting away from the growing plants side of things and something I'm not interested in.

G

guchi

I find it funny we keep getting preached to about basic op sec when dealing with things online in the hobby we all choose but we are the crazy ones to light a match to a company who founder submitted an affidavit to the DEA and turned over customer lists but we are dumb for buying seeds or posting online like we all don't know what the fuck we are doing and some of us haven't been doing this for 20+ years with zero issues cause we spot shady shit from the get go and avoid it with a 10 ft pole.

Group buy on the nutes anyone? We can ship them to my home addy. After that I just need all of your home addys and then i will personally deliver it to you. Nothing to worry about here. Totally legit.
From what i have gather the owner of that company was already working with European authority's in Holland. Remember no one had seeds at the time for the new indoor cannabis industry. And then magically they appeared commercially. And being pushed in the open during a hot drug war by a magazine that was not protected by the first amendment. which means everything could be subpoenaed, i find that highly suspicious. The point i was making which everyone went on the defensive about the observance i brought up. Cannabis and seeds are highly illegal federally calling buying and growing plants a hobby doesn't change those facts. Yet everyone is on line buying them? that doesn't sound suspicious? that was my point. To put it in simpler terms...you plant a seed the seed sprouts you take care of the seed and nurture the plant it produces then when the fruit is produced you pick it...the example explains exactly what high times and the seed bank and cannabis movement did ,they planted the seed they nurtured it creating the indoor market and when it came time operation green merchant harvested the fruit. Like in forums that sell illegal seeds. These are all valid observations

F

Flybear

I think both sides are culpable
The canabis “movement” as you call it started in california in 1996 with medical weed.

The breeders and nute sellers you are talking about simply took advantage of the black market and their only goal was to make lots of money.

I have only been in the industry since 1983 in america. And when i was offered a deal by the da to turn others in for a reduced sentence i kept my fucking mouth shut.

And you dont know who i am and there are no investigations or articles about me or anyone i was involved with. See how that works?

And the dude admitted he is a rat. You dont talk to the police period.

And if neville worked with the police he is a rat too.

More like 76.

F

Flybear

Throw up the evidence then. It's not about emotions. I don't know any of these people. Have never done business with them and never would. That was a long time ago. It's about someone working with the DEA. That someone who runs a cannabis specific nutrient company. That nutrient line doesn't get sold in stores and can only be bought directly from them. Who in the past gave up a customer list to the DEA. It's about the company you are giving information to if you decide to use that nutrient line. It's up to you to decide. You seem to be thinking we are all giving Neville a pass but same goes for him also if he was working for the DEA.

Post up whatever evidence you gathered so people can make up their own minds. It's hard to dispute facts. Easy to sway a conversation from just anecdotes. The only thing I have considered in this whole thing is his affidavit to the DEA and what he said in it. My opinion of him and his nutes is based solely on that as well as it should be. That happened. For whatever reason who knows. If you like his nutes and can safely get them without jeopardizing any of your personal info go for it. You play with fire long enough you will eventually get burned.

As said I've used his nutes many years.
Never any problems with orders. I'm a legal caregiver.

M

magic man

Nope, wrong. Cannabis is still illegal in every state... 🤦🏼‍♂️

cannabis is federally illegal in every state including the seeds that produce a psychoactive plant. so you are selling seeds illegally? and setting everyone up for another operation green merchant...i guess if it worked the first time it will the second time. carry on

M

magic man

Ratting out a business partner (and contributing to the risk that partner's customers faced) over a business dispute is more than "interesting." If I were you, I would be nervous about saying anything negative about Cogos. You're probably playing it the way you have to. (Considering exactly how "interesting" Cogos's history.).

@guchi keeps saying it doesn't matter because the partner was already under investigation. If it didn't matter, the feds wouldn't have been interested.
as former editor Steve Hagar from hightimes wrote

“Last year his company supplied $500.000 worth of seeds to 15,000 American growers”
“Every day letters pour into his post office box, letters containing American dollars wrapped in carbon paper to avoid detection”. doesn't sound legal to me in fact

it is lawful to import hemp seeds into the US. (Hemp is defined as the cannabis plant, and any part of the plant, with delta-9 THC concentrations that do not exceed 0.3%.)
However, because marijuana (any cannabis that is not hemp) is federally illegal,
it is unlawful to import non-hemp seeds in to the US. The only exception to this rule is when the seed has been rendered non-viable prior to shipping.

yet high times and mr Hagar said this....“Nevil's seed factory has been in business for three years and it perfectly legal “

im sorry start putting you thinking caps on people...everyone new who this guy was

HOLDING HAS SHOENMAKERS
M

magic man

as former editor Steve Hagar from hightimes wrote

“Last year his company supplied $500.000 worth of seeds to 15,000 American growers”
“Every day letters pour into his post office box, letters containing American dollars wrapped in carbon paper to avoid detection”. doesn't sound legal to me in fact

it is lawful to import hemp seeds into the US. (Hemp is defined as the cannabis plant, and any part of the plant, with delta-9 THC concentrations that do not exceed 0.3%.)
However, because marijuana (any cannabis that is not hemp) is federally illegal,
it is unlawful to import non-hemp seeds in to the US. The only exception to this rule is when the seed has been rendered non-viable prior to shipping.

yet high times and mr Hagar said this....“Nevil's seed factory has been in business for three years and it perfectly legal “

im sorry start putting you thinking caps on people...everyone new who this guy was

HOLDING HAS 3
M

magic man

So Cogo, you voluntarily snitched on Neville's seed bank, lol, thats even worse.
everyone new who and what this guy did

In the Netherlands, the sale of cannabis seeds for growing plants that produce psychoactive substances is permitted. The seeds are considered no different from any other seed,

but

cultivation is limited to 5 seeds.

They're sold as souvenirs
steve hagar former editor og high times at the time wrote this...

“he is a protected national asset nonetheless”.

“Every day letters pour into his post office box, letters containing American dollars wrapped in carbon paper to avoid detection”.

HOLDING HAS 3
M

magic man

everyone new who and what this guy did

In the Netherlands, the sale of cannabis seeds for growing plants that produce psychoactive substances is permitted. The seeds are considered no different from any other seed,

but

cultivation is limited to 5 seeds.

They're sold as souvenirs
steve hagar former editor og high times at the time wrote this...

“he is a protected national asset nonetheless”.

“Every day letters pour into his post office box, letters containing American dollars wrapped in carbon paper to avoid detection”.

so now thc farmer is doing the same as that guy....

Top Bottom