Container Size For Coco Grows?

• Thread starter Dewd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dewd

Dewd

View attachment 700190 Here's 4 weeks in a 5gal coco/perl going into a 20 and flippedView attachment 700192 View attachment 700193 Here's a 20 bout a week after chop.
Guys that say you only need a small pot with coco typically aren't doing one plant per K. Yes you can grow a massive plant in a small pot with coco with less fear of being rootbound.... But I don't like to limit any aspect of my plants growth especially not roots. I'd do a minimum of 15 gal medium per K even with that you're likely gonna have to water 4x a day in demanding conditions. View attachment 700194 8 week veg in a 15gal- way over vegged lol
Beautiful!!!

Dewd

Dewd

I grow about 4 foot trees. In 5 gallon warrior pots
Checked out those they encourage roots to spread out and trick the plant and to think it's bigger

I have to water every other day the smaller container the Sooner it dries out so that's something to think about with your watering
Hb
I'm going to have to check those out

P

Pimples

Iam trying something a little different..again. I busting out my old flood tables for the veg room. Fully rooted Grodan A-Ok Start plugs to 4x4x4 inch rockwool blocks. Top tie down and spray kelp weekly for a bushy 12 to 18 inch multi node healthy plant on flood and drain cycles om on the table. Then cut the wrap off & drop the block in a 3 gallon Smart Pot of coco coir. Veg for another few weeks until I got a packed root system and about 24 inches tall. Tie down a again just slightly and throw these bushy gals into the flower rooms & hooked up ti the drip to waste manifolds. Recirculate (ebb and flow) in veg with the wool blocks. Drip to waste in smarties of coco in flower. See what happens. Let em rip. Also been playing with an even day night temp diff in early flower. This method keeps em to a minimal stretch. Works perfect for me. I can veg longer. Less plants. And get an under 34 inch bush at harvest. 6 to 10 zips a plant. Hells yes. Works great for stretchy sativas like Dream and lanky OG based gear.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom