Container Size For Coco Grows?

• Thread starter Dewd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dewd

Dewd

I like to grow bigger plants and spread them out under a screen when they enter flower. 1 plant under a 1000 hps. I am just starting to grow in coco/perlite and I was wondering if a 7 gallon container is too big? I was thinking of starting in solo cups. Transplanting to 1 gallon. Then 3 gallon then 7 gallon. I know smaller containers are better for coco but what size is best? Thanks in advance!!!

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I like to grow bigger plants and spread them out under a screen when they enter flower. 1 plant under a 1000 hps. I am just starting to grow in coco/perlite and I was wondering if a 7 gallon container is too big? I was thinking of starting in solo cups. Transplanting to 1 gallon. Then 3 gallon then 7 gallon. I know smaller containers are better for coco but what size is best? Thanks in advance!!!
5-7 gallons would be great for Indica and many sativas. If you like sativas with long growth cycles you may want to consider 10 gallons.

For. Auto flowers. 3-4 gallons is plenty.

Dewd

Dewd

Dewd

Dewd

5-7 gallons would be great for Indica and many sativas. If you like sativas with long growth cycles you may want to consider 10 gallons.

Is this for coco?

P

PharmHand

What are you currently yielding from your 1 plant per light and how often do you want to water ? Do you have a watering system? I do two 15-20gals coco perlite 75/25 per 1k. In a 15 with said mix it's twice a day one heavy one light, in a 20 one heavy water a day is sufficient. I work my ladies hard tho.... Bish better have my money!

Dewd

Dewd

What are you currently yielding from your 1 plant per light and how often do you want to water ? Do you have a watering system? I do two 15-20gals coco perlite 75/25 per 1k. In a 15 with said mix it's twice a day one heavy one light, in a 20 one heavy water a day is sufficient. I work my ladies hard tho.... Bish better have my money!
When I was using techno flora nutes I was getting 30. In a 15 gal of promix. Switched to Humboldt and averaged 24. Also in a 15 gal of promix. I've been accidentally overfeeding since I started i think. Until now hopefully. I just switched to coco and mills nutes. I keep hearing smaller containers are better but how small for my size plant I'm not sure. Yet

Dewd

Dewd

I have a watering system so it doesn't matter how often I water

P

PharmHand

IMG 1346
Here's 4 weeks in a 5gal coco/perl going into a 20 and flipped
IMG 1338
IMG 1340
Here's a 20 bout a week after chop.
Guys that say you only need a small pot with coco typically aren't doing one plant per K. Yes you can grow a massive plant in a small pot with coco with less fear of being rootbound.... But I don't like to limit any aspect of my plants growth especially not roots. I'd do a minimum of 15 gal medium per K even with that you're likely gonna have to water 4x a day in demanding conditions.
IMG 1199
8 week veg in a 15gal- way over vegged lol

dan1989

dan1989

View attachment 700190 Here's 4 weeks in a 5gal coco/perl going into a 20 and flippedView attachment 700192 View attachment 700193 Here's a 20 bout a week after chop.
Guys that say you only need a small pot with coco typically aren't doing one plant per K. Yes you can grow a massive plant in a small pot with coco with less fear of being rootbound.... But I don't like to limit any aspect of my plants growth especially not roots. I'd do a minimum of 15 gal medium per K even with that you're likely gonna have to water 4x a day in demanding conditions. View attachment 700194 8 week veg in a 15gal- way over vegged lol

Wow that's some trunk on that beeyatch, almost as thick as my..

Wrist

hiboy

hiboy

I don't mind doing that. That will save a step. Now just to figure out what size that final resting place will be.
I grow about 4 foot trees. In 5 gallon warrior pots
Checked out those they encourage roots to spread out and trick the plant and to think it's bigger

I have to water every other day the smaller container the Sooner it dries out so that's something to think about with your watering
Hb

P

PharmHand

I grow about 4 foot trees. In 5 gallon warrior pots
Checked out those they encourage roots to spread out and trick the plant and to think it's bigger

I have to water every other day the smaller container the Sooner it dries out so that's something to think about with your watering
Hb
How many plants per light HB?

P

PharmHand

We were doing about 7.5 spread out and running Gavitas
Doing like an X pattern
Hb
Ok that kinda works out the same as me medium wise I'll do two 15-20gals per light which is 30-40gals of medium per light. I'd love to do more plants per light less veg but I'm limited on plant numbers. Those warrior pots look cool I'm basically trying to achieve the same thing by filling the bottom of my big pots with 3-5 gal of perlite

hiboy

hiboy

Ok that kinda works out the same as me medium wise I'll do two 15-20gals per light which is 30-40gals of medium per light. I'd love to do more plants per light less veg but I'm limited on plant numbers. Those warrior pots look cool I'm basically trying to achieve the same thing by filling the bottom of my big pots with 3-5 gal of perlite
Warrior pots have an inside ice cream cone upside down look which makes the roots stretch outwards tricking the plant that it's bigger therefore more foliage up top
Or so they say
Hb

P

PharmHand

Warrior pots have an inside ice cream cone upside down look which makes the roots stretch outwards tricking the plant that it's bigger therefore more foliage up top
Or so they say
Hb
Ah I see.... I just saw a pic of one figured that bottom cone was just for increased drainage. Looks interesting nonetheless

Top Bottom