Control bucket keeps filling!!

• Thread starter Jaycewin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jaycewin

Jaycewin

pump in the big bucket keeps pumping into the the small bucket.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok take a foot stool or 5 gal pail upside down and place the smaller buckets on top of them. Give that a test. It should fix it. Also using larger tubing from the pump to the lid and smaller tubing from the lid to the small buck will make a small difference. Lowering the water line in the large container will also make a small difference. This is due to the weight of water. What we are trying to do to prevent siphoning is create more volume/weight of water on the pump side than on the drain side of the hose using gravity to help.

By pump and drain side I mean if you hang a hose from the Middle the side of the hose going to the pump is the pump side the side that is open is drain side. The side with more water will be heavier pull the water from the opposite side. But this won't apply to a hose thats under water so if you raise the small buckets and lower the water line (meaning volume) you can shift the pull back to the large container breaking the siphoning.

Clear as mud?

Was the original water line lower or the pump side line bigger? By pump side I mean the line from the pump to the top of the barrel

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also seal up any holes you have made. You only want the water to syphon from the pump. If it's start pulling from higher up it will make it worse

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i cant see how that would work at all,lines from top of res i mean,shouldnt there be a float valve in the control box? im thinking there should be some kind of shut off to prevent flooding your house,crazy me thinking like a water troufe to water animals,water always stays on and just a toliet bowl float valve and ball controls replacing water level,hahahah see i told ya i was a soil guy and was curiuose,i always thought you hydro guys were set it and forget it clean res once week and done hahahah,i dont care how old your ass is,when you wake in the morning you gonna learn some thing new that day,lmao

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i cant see how that would work at all,lines from top of res i mean,shouldnt there be a float valve in the control box? im thinking there should be some kind of shut off to prevent flooding your house,crazy me thinking like a water troufe to water animals,water always stays on and just a toliet bowl float valve and ball controls replacing water level,hahahah see i told ya i was a soil guy and was curiuose,i always thought you hydro guys were set it and forget it clean res once week and done hahahah,i dont care how old your ass is,when you wake in the morning you gonna learn some thing new that day,lmao
Yeah I would like to see a 1 way valve with like 10lb working pressure.

Never used this system but I don't really care for the setup of it.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah I would like to see a 1 way valve with like 10lb working pressure.

Never used this system but I don't really care for the setup of it.
agree that looks like a serious accident waiting to happen,i just keep thinking gravity,big reason why i really never tried the hydro,if i lived up north or in the mountains id give it a try outside,but i been threw floods ,torandos and at least 2 hurricanes a year were im at,water damage in a house aint nothing to play with bro,by chance is the op using a submersible pump that has the neck coming out side with a float valve that shuts of pump when water is low?i got one that has a water hose connection on the side,i drop that bitch in a 33 gal trash can of tea and water my top garden and that float valve you cant depend on for shit,the pump will suck that tea out and all the way down to bottom,if you dont check often it will burn the pump up

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

agree that looks like a serious accident waiting to happen,i just keep thinking gravity,big reason why i really never tried the hydro,if i lived up north or in the mountains id give it a try outside,but i been threw floods ,torandos and at least 2 hurricanes a year were im at,water damage in a house aint nothing to play with bro,by chance is the op using a submersible pump that has the neck coming out side with a float valve that shuts of pump when water is low?i got one that has a water hose connection on the side,i drop that bitch in a 33 gal trash can of tea and water my top garden and that float valve you cant depend on for shit,the pump will suck that tea out and all the way down to bottom,if you dont check often it will burn the pump up
It has switches that turn it on and off. Not a float system but same principle. The issue is with a syphon even if the switch shifts the pump off the water keeps coming so you need to make sure when it shuts off the syphon is broken.

That's where a 1 way with 10lb working pressure would come in handy otherwise a power outage becomes nasty

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

It has switches that turn it on and off. Not a float system but same principle. The issue is with a syphon even if the switch shifts the pump off the water keeps coming so you need to make sure when it shuts off the syphon is broken.

That's where a 1 way with 10lb working pressure would come in handy otherwise a power outage becomes nasty
that nasty part,that be me hahahha,just seems like the piping would be in bottom of res but i dont keep up with the nes stuff,this i know the new stuff is designed to keep buying and adding stuff,im not only lazy but cheap ass too hahahah,im still trying to get this cucumber plant to grow in a 33 gal trash can full of feed with out a pump or air outdoors in triple digit weather,lmao,i really wont it to work ,that could give me so much more room in my garden if it does,1 plant in a can growing in a tressil on the side walk under the eave of the house,if i finally get it down ,i plan on doing my watermelons and canaloupe same way,them vine crops take up a lot of room,i got 1 watermelon vine out there 50 ft long growing over 2 of my raised beds hahahah,damn weather has been so jacked up i cant get them pruned back to prevent it,lmao

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

that nasty part,that be me hahahha,just seems like the piping would be in bottom of res but i dont keep up with the nes stuff,this i know the new stuff is designed to keep buying and adding stuff,im not only lazy but cheap ass too hahahah,im still trying to get this cucumber plant to grow in a 33 gal trash can full of feed with out a pump or air outdoors in triple digit weather,lmao,i really wont it to work ,that could give me so much more room in my garden if it does,1 plant in a can growing in a tressil on the side walk under the eave of the house,if i finally get it down ,i plan on doing my watermelons and canaloupe same way,them vine crops take up a lot of room,i got 1 watermelon vine out there 50 ft long growing over 2 of my raised beds hahahah,damn weather has been so jacked up i cant get them pruned back to prevent it,lmao
Dam I wish I had a watermelon vine at all nevmind 50ft. Lol. Hows the cucumber experiment coming I haven't kept up on it.

I'm prob dropping hydro next year and switching to dirt. I want to see first hand the difference under the same conditions. I have a feeling I will probably stay dirt after but we will see. I like my hydro and it grows stupid fast almost to dam fast and take a lot of monitoring I figure I could spend a bunch more on automation but I figured I'm gonna give dirt a go and then if I decide it's worth it I will spend more on automation. If I do I'm going full out programmable autofeed and water with auto water change and upgrade some of my equipment. But I think in the end I will end up dirt.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Dam I wish I had a watermelon vine at all nevmind 50ft. Lol. Hows the cucumber experiment coming I haven't kept up on it.

I'm prob dropping hydro next year and switching to dirt. I want to see first hand the difference under the same conditions. I have a feeling I will probably stay dirt after but we will see. I like my hydro and it grows stupid fast almost to dam fast and take a lot of monitoring I figure I could spend a bunch more on automation but I figured I'm gonna give dirt a go and then if I decide it's worth it I will spend more on automation. If I do I'm going full out programmable autofeed and water with auto water change and upgrade some of my equipment. But I think in the end I will end up dirt.
first one got 3ft long growing in the tressil ,had a few cucumbers on it,then it just shut down on me,put a bulldog clip on wire to check growth daily,didnt move at all,so i lifted the lid a little and roots were white but not many of them,moved the leaves a bit on the tube planted in and had damped off most the way,well the tube was right at a foot long and about 10 in of it was still in the water,so there were the damp off came to play,i got another lid for the can and cut a hole in it to fit one those little nursery pots and filled can to were only a 1/4 inch of water was in bottom of cup,im thinking when it sprouts and it trying right now to pop out of soil,that the level of water will go down from heat and plant uptake,forcing roots to go down to the water,thats what im hoping anyway,i got self pollinating cucumber seeds so that be out the way,tell you one thing,i had a huge zuccini plant that was on its way out and i was fixing to pull,decided let me put this food to work and see what happens in soil with it,DONT DO IT BRO,in 2 days that bitch turned the leaves upside down,twisted to shit and just fried in the sun,i literally went to plant to look at the stalk at the base ,the bitch fell over like a flat rock hahahaha,needless to say that soil in the 15 gal pot went to filling a hole in the yard dont do it,them hydro nutes dont do well at all in soil lmao,mama wa stunted,couldnt figure out why just 2 days before she was picking squash and then bam,hahahahi didnt tell her i done it till then hahahah,what i been trying to say im like chris columbus always looking for shit hahahah

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

first one got 3ft long growing in the tressil ,had a few cucumbers on it,then it just shut down on me,put a bulldog clip on wire to check growth daily,didnt move at all,so i lifted the lid a little and roots were white but not many of them,moved the leaves a bit on the tube planted in and had damped off most the way,well the tube was right at a foot long and about 10 in of it was still in the water,so there were the damp off came to play,i got another lid for the can and cut a hole in it to fit one those little nursery pots and filled can to were only a 1/4 inch of water was in bottom of cup,im thinking when it sprouts and it trying right now to pop out of soil,that the level of water will go down from heat and plant uptake,forcing roots to go down to the water,thats what im hoping anyway,i got self pollinating cucumber seeds so that be out the way,tell you one thing,i had a huge zuccini plant that was on its way out and i was fixing to pull,decided let me put this food to work and see what happens in soil with it,DONT DO IT BRO,in 2 days that bitch turned the leaves upside down,twisted to shit and just fried in the sun,i literally went to plant to look at the stalk at the base ,the bitch fell over like a flat rock hahahaha,needless to say that soil in the 15 gal pot went to filling a hole in the yard dont do it,them hydro nutes dont do well at all in soil lmao,mama wa stunted,couldnt figure out why just 2 days before she was picking squash and then bam,hahahahi didnt tell her i done it till then hahahah,what i been trying to say im like chris columbus always looking for shit hahahah
Oh I had some good chuckles. Some of my greatest ideas landed me looking around just to check if anyone was watching before I sweep it under the rug and tell no one. Eventually I usually get things sorted out and feel the journey was worth it. I hope you get it all sorted and it's raining cucumbers then share with us how ya did it.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Oh I had some good chuckles. Some of my greatest ideas landed me looking around just to check if anyone was watching before I sweep it under the rug and tell no one. Eventually I usually get things sorted out and feel the journey was worth it. I hope you get it all sorted and it's raining cucumbers then share with us how ya did it.
will do,hell if i can get it to work,i be heading to the farmers market hahaha very little extra income if you dig

Jaycewin

Jaycewin

My drain sensor works very well thankfully so I don't have to worry about it flooding yet but it's just boggling my mind how this water keeps getting pumped into my control bucket when the pump isn't even on.

Jaycewin

Jaycewin

I will do some troubleshooting once I get home. I'm gonna try to run that control bucket with my other reservoir and see if it runs smoothly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom