Cooked my plants

• Thread starter greenguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenguy

greenguy

So I put together a grow cab recently and planted 5 clones of bubba kush in soil with a 400w HPS before the ventilation was properly installed and the heat really cooked my lil ladies. Take a look...

Temps got up to 90, but no worries this problem is being fixed. My question is will I be able to nurse my girls back to good health or should I just go buy all new clones bc these ones will be stunted ect...

Cooked my plants
wonderinalice

wonderinalice

So I put together a grow cab recently and planted 5 clones of bubba kush in soil with a 400w HPS before the ventilation was properly installed and the heat really cooked my lil ladies. Take a look...

Temps got up to 90, but no worries this problem is being fixed. My question is will I be able to nurse my girls back to good health or should I just go buy all new clones bc these ones will be stunted ect...

Burning a 400 watt light over those little plants doesn't seem like the "best" idea from my experience. You could probably get better results with a couple 6500 k compact fluorescent , or some two foot florescence tubes . U can keep them a couple inches away. And they use a lot less electric and produce less heat. Maybe when there a foot...throw em under the 400??

I would keep what u got going growing...looks like your gonna loose two..maybe three. But the others will pop back up.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I would buy some new 1's juss incase.. U prolly could save 1-2 but don't count on it juss b safe & start over

I

ibTheMan

Get new ones, and get some T-5's that 400w is not the right light for the job.

greenguy

greenguy

turned off the 400w hps and threw em under a small cfl for now...hoping to save a couple but def going to go grab about 4 more clones

greenguy

greenguy

ok so I kept the two that looked like they would bounce back and I picked up 4 new ones...

added a second cfl and temp reads 80...seems off though bc its feels quite cool inside...going to get a digital temp meter soon

my question now is...should I put a dome over these girls? (I have a desk fan on em now) Also should I keep them misted?

Photo
R

Rach70

At that size I wouldn't mist them or dome them. Misting them will cause the roots to grow a bit less as they are taking their moisture from their leaves. And for the dome, its more beneficial to have the fan on them to keep the stems strong and also with good air flow, you are less likely to get pests sometimes :)

Top Bottom