Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

FB IMG 1715828631736

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Heads up they are incredibly toxic if you have kids around. And idiots will try to get high on them and seriously mess their world up. Happens all the time. The experience of the "high" more closely resemble demonic possession descriptions or extended low level carbon monoxide exposure then any kind of "high".

Im not entirely sure why cats wont go near these plants. Most dogs dont like being close to them either.

Not sure how well deer can smell alkaloids within a plant from a distance but i assume thats whats up with dogs and cats. Worst case you have a beautiful little bush. And yea, although both called moonflowers, and both have white trumpet shaped flowers, and both are technically psychoactive plants, completely unrelated plants and chemistry actually lmfao.

The moonflower daturas seed where they sit and grow back the following season, just cull away the ones where you dont want them in the spring, and youll always have them wherever you put them.

I have a bunch of angel trumpet tree datura seeds too. Also keep animals with a keen sense of smell away. They dont really pull insect to them like the bush daturas do. Gotta pull these in come winter. Smell incredible. You can smell these and the moonflowers both from about 50 feet if the wind shifts you way. Just dont go shoving your nose deep in them, the pollen is toxic just like every part of the plant even the seeds. If you nap under large one's during a vigorous bloom, you can actually inhale enough of the pollen to poison yourself with atropine and skopalomine. They had a reputation for killing south american natives who didnt realize they were napping under full grown angel trumpet tree's in full bloom.

Imho, daturas are some of the most beautiful things that exist. Heavy feeders, but vigorous growers. These angel trumpet tree daturas are technically bonsai-able too.

In the rainsforest, where they are extinct (the only species of hawk moth that pollenates them went extinct, and the last wild tree datura died not long ago if i remember correctly) they would grow to enormous sizes. They are a full on 50-60ft tree in their natural habitat.

This plant needs as many cultivators as it can get. These are very powerful plants to stand before when thriving. They are the centerpiece no matter where you put them. Probably the easiest to clone plant ive ever cultivated too. A cutting will root in under a week and begin taking off immediately upon heavy feeding.
View attachment 2172081

P.s. do not ever even consider trying datura as a substance, you have been warned lmao.
cool looking plant but wow, I had no idea it was that toxic. I grew Castor Beans one year, I also had no idea it was used to make ricin!

Leoman

Leoman

Trying to decide what grinder to get. Is Santa Cruz shredder worth $60? I keep seeing that name come up, but if a $20 grinder works just as well I'd go with that.

Throwing around getting a dry herb vape. I vape nicotine but have no experience with vaping flower. Need to switch things up.

BB22

BB22

Trying to decide what grinder to get. Is Santa Cruz shredder worth $60? I keep seeing that name come up, but if a $20 grinder works just as well I'd go with that.

Throwing around getting a dry herb vape. I vape nicotine but have no experience with vaping flower. Need to switch things up.
IMG 4701
I bought one from Raw. It’s advertised as being made from hemp 🤷‍♂️ less than $10 works well enough ✌️

TreeBee

TreeBee

How big is this santa cruz majigger? I need a new grinder but they are all so freaking small. If ANYONE knows of a quality qrinder that is this large or larger and metal no plastic.

20240516 065331
Z

Zab

Food quality improved. It's a wonder our childhood dogs survived on that shit they called kibble.
My first dog only ate what we ate, but mostly deer or moose meat and bones, an assortment of different vegs from the garden etc, she finally succumbed to old age a couple of years after I left home🥲 I ccouldnt take her with me as my work kept me out of town 99% of the time.

Hey Tree is there any smoke your way from the wildfires around Ft Nelson, here in central Sk we had a pile of smoke come through here for a couple of days from those in BC and Alb

TreeBee

TreeBee

My first dog only ate what we ate, but mostly deer or moose meat and bones, an assortment of different vegs from the garden etc, she finally succumbed to old age a couple of years after I left home🥲 I ccouldnt take her with me as my work kept me out of town 99% of the time.

Hey Tree is there any smoke your way from the wildfires around Ft Nelson, here in central Sk we had a pile of smoke come through here for a couple of days from those in BC and Alb
Awe she was probably the healthiest dog around. Both my childhood dogs lived for friggin ever one was 17 when he went and the other was 20 😵‍💫
I hope the two I have now last as long I will be useless when they go.

Not a wiff of smoke here yet. Must be in a lucky wind tunnel or something because even last year we hardly got any. You could see it was hazy but not much for smell all summer even though the whole friggin province was on fire.

Top Bottom