Cool Shock Treatment

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

been a bit
but now that I have my 12 cuts I will be starting the grow in 7 days I have laid out the space and will be writing this up APA style so I can submit for fun and legit findings, my Citations will be from a few known Plant biologists who think its a good 1st year scientific endeavor. They have said most of this has been done before but not welll documented and certainly not with Bud. LoL

I will Keep Ya All Posted
FlyJ

Ambre

Ambre

I love this - it should be interesting.

I've often wondered if the electric fences that are so common for use with livestock affect the pastures. For those who are not familiar with them, the fence is formed of 2-5 strands of wire that are attached to plastic or ceramic insulators on metal or wood fence posts. There is a fence charger that hooks up the "positive" side to electric wires that form the fence and hooks up the "negative" to a metal rod sunk into the soil. The only time the circuit is completed is if an animal/human touches the fence while standing on the soil (at which time the critter gets a good shock) or during rain storms when water completes the circuit. The fence chargers come in different output strengths which are rated by how many miles of wire they can charge. (There is an alternate method of hooking up the fence charger where half the wires are positive & half the wires are negative, but that would not affect the pastures.)

The previous owner of our ranch did not use electric fences. We have been using electric fences for about 5 years now. Our pastures are in much better shape than they were when we bought the ranch, but I can't say whether the electric fences affected them since we have been seeding, fertilizing, & maintaining the pastures a lot more than the previous owner did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom