Cool Shock Treatment

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I am no expert nor will I ever claim to be when it comes to growing plant life. This is more of a What If thread. I will use a post Cited materials best I can and give real information not just opinion based. If there is to be a real experiment done here I will need you all to except a few trusted observations.

Hypothesis:

Will the addition of electricity through the roots of Marijuana plants reduce infestation of parasitic organisms
and or will electricity effect root plant foliage growth.

1. I will not augment, change or influence the plants tested
2. due to the space and time restrictions I will be limiting the experiment to the 1st set of clones
taken from the same mother on the same day placed in the same planting media.
3. The lighting will be the same
4. The only change between the control group and the test group will be voltage type and length of electrocution.

So that's the start
over the next few weeks I will set up the area and get pictures of how I intend to charge the soil around the plants roots. Your input on what you know what you have herd or seen done will be greatly appreciated.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

In 1964, the USDA performed tests in which a negative electrode was placed high in a tree, and the positive electrode was connected to a nail driven into the base of the tree. Stimulation with 60 volts DC substantially increased leaf density on electrified branches after a month. Within a year, foliage increased 300% on those branches! (Moore, A.D)

Electricity also can cure trees of some diseases. A method was developed in 1966 to treat avocado trees affected with canker and orange trees with scaly bark. An electrode was inserted into the living cambium and phloem layers of the tree and the current passed into the branches, roots or soil. The treatment is best administered in the spring. The length of treatment depends on the size and condition of the tree. New shoots appeared after only one cycle of treatment. After the bark was removed, the trees began to bear fruit! The period of grafting stratification also can be shortened in this way.

The passage of an electric current modifies the physico-chemical properties of soil. Its aggregation increases, and its permeability to moisture improves. The content of absorbable nitrogen, phosphorus, and other substances is increased. The pH changes. Usually, alkalinity is reduced, and evaporation increases. Both alternating and direct electric currents have a bacterial action which also affects the soil microflora. Up to 95% of cabbage mildew and other bacteria and fungi can be destroyed by electrical disinfection.

Brief exposure of seeds to electric current ends their dormancy, accelerates development throughout the period of vegetation, and ultimately increases yields. The effect is greater with seeds that have a low rate of germination. The metabolism of seedlings is stimulated; respiration and hydrolytic enzyme activity is intensified for many types of plants. Lazarenko and Gorbatovskaya reported these results:

"Reports that the characteristics acquired by the plants in electrically treated soils are transmitted by inheritance to the third generation are particularly interesting.

"Under the influence of the electrical current, the numerical proportions between hemp plants of different sexes was changed by comparison with the control to give an increased number of female plants by 20-25%, in connection with a reduction in the intensity of the oxidative processes in the plant tissues."

Works Cited
Moore, A.D.: Electrostatics & Its Applications; 1972, Wiley & Sons

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Up to 95% of cabbage mildew and other bacteria and fungi can be destroyed by electrical disinfection.

> and other bacteria and fungi can be destroyed by electrical disinfection.

Might be a problem for outdoor folks--
but I like experiments...

ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

The content of absorbable nitrogen, phosphorus, and other substances is increased. The pH changes. Usually, alkalinity is reduced, and evaporation increases. Both alternating and direct electric currents have a bacterial action which also affects the soil microflora. Up to 95% of cabbage mildew and other bacteria and fungi can be destroyed by electrical disinfectioWorks Cited
Moore, A.D.: Electrostatics & Its Applications; 1972, Wiley & Sons[/quote]

Im no expert by any means but Id be suspect to the above statement. In a book titled Teaming With Microbes (soil food web) it describes in detail why we want bacteria and fungi around when it comes to healthy soil (its actually the cornerstone) as well as the fact that it is a bacteria named archaea which converts nitrogen into a plant usable form to begin with - so Id be kind of leery about what might be an outdated reference/experiment because its own statement kind of goes against itself........
1) The plant in reference needs nitrogen to grow during its vegetative state.
2) Most plants get this particular nutrient via their roots (in a soil medium)
3) For roots to uptake Nitrogen it needs to be converted in a plant usable form which is done by bacteria in the soil
4) Destroying 95% bacteria and fungi in soil makes it hard (not impossible) for #1, #2, #3 to happen. <------ oh wait-its says 95% of cabbage mildew and other bacteria and fungi.....mmmm......

Id be really interested to see how the plant with a few millivolts ran through the soil does. I commend you for trying rather than going by just what is read...... I have my chair pulled up to watch with your permission...

Last edited:
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@ByrneBurnham, Thanks for the support.. That is way cool I cant wait either

I love the book It is one of the reasons I want to try new things, Its says in here our scientists just recently
discovered the symbiosis of the root system And the Rhizosphere with in the last few decades so yea I cant wait to
play. like I said

WHY do I do It ???
Why Not LoL

This is going to take some planning out
I have a fair Oscilloscope and nice ohms meters
what I really like to get is
a Frequency analyzer to measure the sounds of IR UV waves I think ?
I need to read more I know light has heat and energy and that makes a wave and the wave at the peaks can be measured I just wonder if you can duplicate the Light spectrum and convert to a energy source.

LoL or not Like I said I need to read and stick with the basics on the experiments materials.

until then will update soon as possible...

When we dont try something new only one thing will happen......

Nothing.

FlyJ
TeamingMicrob

SunGrown

SunGrown

1) The plant in reference needs nitrogen to grow during its vegetative state.
2) Most plants get this particular nutrient via their roots (in a soil medium)
3) For roots to uptake Nitrogen it needs to be converted in a plant usable form which is done by bacteria in the soil
4) Destroying 95% bacteria and fungi in soil makes it hard (not impossible) for #1, #2, #3 to happen. <------ oh wait-its says 95% of cabbage mildew and other bacteria and fungi.....mmmm.....
Just do the experiment in promix with a descent fert that has all elements in a plant usable form, like jacks or GroMore
I will do the experiment, and will watch the thread.

way2green

way2green

FJ, I think the experiment will be awsome. However, even if you see earth shattering results in your favor how practical will it be to use this new info? I would love for you to discover a new philosophy to help us all. Good luck!!!!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Sounds out there but what I saw in my head was a basic wind mill small alternator type generator automotive size very low voltage 6-12 volts with 60-100 amps that will pass through a unit controller for the Hrz, mili amps and such down very basic thin copper wire down the length of the growing field of whatever not just herbs who knows.
But anyway the equipment is getting set up now moving it up to the cabin this weekend with the 3gal plastic pots and plane Jane pro mix w/jacks 5/12/26 and 15/0/0/ cal nitrate water source will be strait tap sat 12-24 MOST micro nutes and Mg when needed all the same will cover the rest when get clones up, may try it on the clones 1st to stimulate the root too. I have a good week of reading a few older research sheets 1st and there is a Botanist @Berkeley who did his thesis on a similar project I want to see along with some peer reviews..

straincreation

straincreation

FJ, I think the experiment will be awsome. However, even if you see earth shattering results in your favor how practical will it be to use this new info? I would love for you to discover a new philosophy to help us all. Good luck!!!!

I mean this in a positive way. But this stuff is ground breaking stuff.. this can rid of pesticides, fungicides so many things. IF it works. So thats how it will be great to use new info.
As far as the practical part of It. imo with guys like BOZO, and evn FJ and many other DIY growers out there some sort of concoction can be brewed up.
I can just imagine it " AND GUESS WHAT THE BEST PART IS GUYS YOU CAN GET IT ALL AT HOME DEPOT"lol.

Anyways another great thread im here for the this one. Gonna be tuned in for sure. Cant wait to what happens with this one its a very intresting topic.

Also fj im gonna go digging on this myself but if you can shoot some links it would be much appreciated.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I mean this in a positive way. But this stuff is ground breaking stuff.. this can rid of pesticides, fungicides so many things. IF it works. So thats how it will be great to use new info.
As far as the practical part of It. imo with guys like BOZO, and evn FJ and many other DIY growers out there some sort of concoction can be brewed up.
I can just imagine it " AND GUESS WHAT THE BEST PART IS GUYS YOU CAN GET IT ALL AT HOME DEPOT"lol.

Anyways another great thread im here for the this one. Gonna be tuned in for sure. Cant wait to what happens with this one its a very intresting topic.

Also fj im gonna go digging on this myself but if you can shoot some links it would be much appreciated.

The research documents will come from the Ag College Ontario BC, Ohio, Idaho Michigan and e source online libraries
I wanted some actual studies....
I will be D.L. the files in the am I have to log in 1st under my Student ID witch is cool I dont mind as far as research is concerned all the information is free and sure I will send it give me a few days to go through it. The Ag, Students papers are the same IDK why they don't link to a web page but Peer reviews and Case study docs are usually just PDF files ... Maybe it uses up too much on line space any w hoot.
I let ya know and get with day or two..
FYI The 1st unit I will be using is a Tens Unit just like for muscle strains making that Test plant 1 of 6 I need 4 more Tests Ideas and the one plant will be a standard maybe a few more due to environmental issues.
I do know this has been done before there is quite abit of information on it some of the information is
real good research ...........
BUT alot more of it is BS so the proof is in the peanut butter as persay.

Remember THIS is just BE-cuz.

way2green

way2green

Sounds out there but what I saw in my head was a basic wind mill small alternator type generator automotive size very low voltage 6-12 volts with 60-100 amps that will pass through a unit controller for the Hrz, mili amps and such down very basic thin copper wire down the length of the growing field of whatever not just herbs who knows.
But anyway the equipment is getting set up now moving it up to the cabin this weekend with the 3gal plastic pots and plane Jane pro mix w/jacks 5/12/26 and 15/0/0/ cal nitrate water source will be strait tap sat 12-24 MOST micro nutes and Mg when needed all the same will cover the rest when get clones up, may try it on the clones 1st to stimulate the root too. I have a good week of reading a few older research sheets 1st and there is a Botanist @Berkeley who did his thesis on a similar project I want to see along with some peer reviews..
Th
: 60415"]Sounds out there but what I saw in my head was a basic wind mill small alternator type generator automotive size very low voltage 6-12 volts with 60-100 amps that will pass through a unit controller for the Hrz, mili amps and such down very basic thin copper wire down the length of the growing field of whatever not just herbs who knows.
But anyway the equipment is getting set up now moving it up to the cabin this weekend with the 3gal plastic pots and plane Jane pro mix w/jacks 5/12/26 and 15/0/0/ cal nitrate water source will be strait tap sat 12-24 MOST micro nutes and Mg when needed all the same will cover the rest when get clones up, may try it on the clones 1st to stimulate the root too. I have a good week of reading a few older research sheets 1st and there is a Botanist @Berkeley who did his thesis on a similar project I want to see along with some peer reviews..[/quote]
That is exactly what Stain was thinking. T
!
I was thinking the exact thing! Crazy

way2green

way2green

Flying J I appreciate all your efforts. It is people like u that step up and make positive change to an industry that is on the cusp of greatness thru education and enlightenment........

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

ok so here is the update

There have been multiple grows in small and large AG. labs doing basic research but taking baby steps at the micro cell level. I want to step large at the bigger picture of go big or go home approach seems more my style.

Plant #1 (* Hempy Coco) is going to have this tens unit set at the lowest setting 5 min a day Lights On
Plant #2 (* Hempy Coco) is going to be on the same tens unit but will be set on maximum setting 5 min a day Lights On
Plant #3 will be Hydroponics with 9V batt. -neg wire on base of plant w/+ on a sheet of foil outside net pot 5min a day Lights on
Plant #4 will by Hydroponic 9V batt same set up as #3 5min a day during lights off
Plant #5 (* Hempy Coco) will be 115v @lowest setting on Amplitude I can set (5 is going to take a capacitor and re-a-stat adjustable
board need to draw this out and make sure its safe. and cheap.
Plant #6 (* Hempy Coco) reg
Plant #7 (Hydroponic) reg

The idea is to have inexpensive alternatives that could work that anyone can use and I don't want to fry the grower if touches the
plant...

This is only for fun this is not a Fancy Lab setting But I will keep Experiment log and well document my Findings. good bad or indifferent......

Now just waiting on Clones of all the same and I need to build the re a stat unit.

+vibes to having Fun with Green stuff
FlyJ

Img:

Tens1
Tens2
Hydro1

way2green

way2green

FJ, can u jump over to Spider Mites post and tell me about systemic chemicals? I am curious about facts and accusations. Thx

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Quoted BOoM
Discussion in 'Growroom Design & Setup' started by Bo0m, Jun 25, 2013.

I have noticed after a thunder storm. That plants grow insane amounts. Something to due with the lighting exploding the nitrogen in the air and makein it soluble for the plants, and they some it up.
But I have also read some about, it having to do with positive and negative ions. It's controversial.

Last year, I was in mid flower, and there was a week of nothing but thunder storms. The plants put on insane amounts of wait during that week. Like I would go in the next day, and it was like I was gone a week. This happened daily. I think that was my best pull yet. That one I pulled a little under a pound per light, if not a pound.End

So here is a bit more to ponder as the plants finish maturing to the point of Testing size.
1. If the charged +H in the air is absorbed by the plant that's a good thing for uptake of Nitrogen during Veg cycle
2. what was the cause of the buds to get bigger.. was or did it increase the phosphorus and potassium or is it something ea-add
3 plant amino uptake can be charged electrically making its absorption EZer too... think yogurt or macro Pro-biotics for humans when trying to visualize the process. I gro w OG biowar and the use of Amino's
OK plants are about 1 week away from set up

The only way this is going to be as non Bias is if just one t5 8bulb is used and the plants are randomly moved daily so no one plant gets the sweet spot, for you out there who may not know every light has a spot that the light is the very best it will ever be and plants under that one location will benefit from greatly from that spot.

so that is a bit more to think about
see you all next weej

way2green

way2green

Fj
I have t'storms practically everyday as you know my geographic location. I wonder how if any this is effecting me because I have never really noticed any difference in my plants in the late fall and winter when I see very little T'storms. I think this year I am gonna watch a lot more closely to see if I can gain an edge.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

To me that's the great thing about experiments with observations. (something to do while your bud grows,) LoL no
IT Is to find out why? or What If.>>>>

@way2green that is way cool of you let me know what you observe

If the garden is used to seeing high amounts of electrical discharge the level of + hydrogen or nitrogen atoms may already be at a level that the plant can effectively benefit from.
That is all part of the idea behind this. . . .
If the area is high in electrical discharge, what would a grounding wire do? you know a small copper lead running from the plant to the ground outside. ((((((What Ifs . . . . . .))))))))

Peace FlyJ

way2green

way2green

In the middle of a kickass t'storm right now! My darn lights are blinking with every flash.

Top Bottom