Corona virus and Marijuana

• Thread starter detroitjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Munch517

Munch517

Its overblown nonsense. People always act like the world is going to end every time someone sniffles. The reality is, the seasonal flu will kill more people this year than flu.

Its not really overblown and it will probably kill far more people than the flu this year. Information is very incomplete but the only real estimate I trust is the "uncertainty range" of 50k-5m deaths in the US alone, all these efforts to close gathering places are to ensure it's on the low end of that estimate. For whatever it's worth the deaths are pretty heavily weighted towards the elderly and those with health problems. This is going to be a thing for awhile.

Several articles from one of the most authoritative sources out there:

Full list of New Scientists' many flu articles (they're normally paid but it looks like this coverage is free):

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Its not really overblown and it will probably kill far more people than the flu this year. Information is very incomplete but the only real estimate I trust is the "uncertainty range" of 50k-5m deaths in the US alone, all these efforts to close gathering places are to ensure it's on the low end of that estimate. For whatever it's worth the deaths are pretty heavily weighted towards the elderly and those with health problems. This is going to be a thing for awhile.

Several articles from one of the most authoritative sources out there:

Full list of New Scientists' many flu articles (they're normally paid but it looks like this coverage is free):
TRUTH!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

TRUTH!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is not a conspiracy theory. It's not a hoax. It's real. We are seeing it in the stock market, and the grocery stores. Whether you get ill or not, we're all being affected by this. The attempt is to flatten the curve of how many gets ill so please take this seriously and HUNKER DOWN. Limit activities in public to the essential that you can't do without.

No, I'm not panicked! I'm educated and well grounded in what is going on. What the world is attempting to do is limit spread to buy time to develop treatments and vaccines for this.

Am I going to work tomorrow? Absolutely! Will I be attending the weddings and the other things that are popping up on my calendar? No, not if this is still going on. Use common sense people. It's not a time to stick your head in the sand, or to quote Sean Hannity. He has an agenda so don't expect to hear the truth. Even our president who earlier in the week was still making light of the situation seems to be much more serious about this problem now.

Protect yourselves and your loved-ones. Do your part to limit spread.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

There's a GOOD reason that the entire planet is shutting down, and it's not because they like economic pain.
Walmart has just announced that it is reducing store hours for ALL US stores tom 6am-11pm; to allow for restocking and cleaning.

I can't believe that an educated person today woulds still believe nonsensical crap..no matter from who! (key word being educated).

The ONLY one in our Government that I will listen to is Dr. Anthony Fauci!!!!!!!!!
He has no political agenda, has serves presidents of both parties, since the mid 1980's and has NO agenda, other than promoting health..A TRUE AMERICAN HERO!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Damn it!
I was just looking in the pantry. We only have enough food for a year, do youuns think we'll make it? 😱
At least we have enough home grown to make it.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Damn it!
I was just looking in the pantry. We only have enough food for a year, do youuns think we'll make it? 😱
At least we have enough home grown to make it.
Got meds, prescription and OTC..got water in case that water treatment workers can't get to work, got pet food, got fevor thermometers..GOT TP???????????LOL
Ee9fee6538020d4c08b95b6c1d1fab1c2c685418 2 647x500

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Got meds, prescription and OTC..got water in case that water treatment workers can't get to work, got pet food, got fevor thermometers..GOT TP???????????LOL
View attachment 950613

I'm a little light on TP. I have enough to last about a month.

Purchased 20 lbs of chicken breasts, 10 lbs of hamburger, and 5 lbs of fish yesterday ... to add to an already well stocked deep freeze. Food-wise? Other than running out of "meal completers," I have enough food for 4 to eat for about 3 months.

But other than what I bought yesterday, it's stuff I already had.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Had to fire up my second deep freeze in the garage for more frozen foods..The 1st is still full up with fresh frozen from the summer grow! LOL

I have forgotten one thing..I like half and half in my coffee and have none of the plastic substitute. I guess it's back to black as I am self grounded until further notice. Finally got 20 gallons of Gasoline for my smallish generator, which will go into the SUV if it's not needed for an emergency.
At least the prices of gas have been driven down..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Stock market panic is mainly caused from Saudi Arabia’s future king dropping the bottom out of The oil market. If that had not happened the stock market would have had a slight blemish from the virus.
Saudis trying to put Russia and Iran out of the oil business.
Got to remember the world’s economy is built on oil, that’s what makes the world go round.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Stock market panic is mainly caused from Saudi Arabia’s future king dropping the bottom out of The oil market. If that had not happened the stock market would have had a slight blemish from the virus.
Got to remember the world’s economy is built on oil, that’s what makes the world go round.
They want the USA out as well!
The markets are also reacting to the enivitable hits that are being taken by the virtual shutdown of commerce.

shaganja

shaganja

Yup. U.s. petro dollar

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
They want the USA out as well!
The markets are also reacting to the enivitable hits that are being taken by the virtual shutdown of commerce.
This is true, Saudi is an alli to the USA.
They get all of there military equipment from us. We are oil independent finally and the worlds economy is built on oil trade and consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom