Corona virus and Marijuana

• Thread starter detroitjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthem

Anthem

"Dr. Helen Y. Chu, an infectious disease expert in Seattle, knew that the United States did not have much time.

In late January, the first confirmed American case of the coronavirus had landed in her area. Critical questions needed answers: Had the man infected anyone else? Was the deadly virus already lurking in other communities and spreading?

As luck would have it, Dr. Chu had a way to monitor the region. For months, as part of a research project into the flu, she and a team of researchers had been collecting nasal swabs from residents experiencing symptoms throughout the Puget Sound region.

To repurpose the tests for monitoring the flu, they would need the support of state and federal officials. But nearly everywhere Dr. Chu turned, officials repeatedly rejected the idea"

"Later that day, the investigators and Seattle health officials gathered with representatives of the C.D.C. and the F.D.A. to discuss what happened. The message from the federal government was blunt. “What they said on that phone call very clearly was cease and desist to Helen Chu,” Dr. Lindquist remembered. “Stop testing.”

🙃
Ya and UFO's landed at area 51!!!!!!!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

i lost money last week, this week and will for the foreseeable future, personal services, so we're not very essential. we have our fingers crossed our landlord will work us and we can get in there back to work on a semi normal basis in a few weeks. at some point we need to reach around 60% infection rate so herd immunity will kick in.

That's not a thing with flu. There's no immunity, people can get it twice. It's already happening in Asia.

The only way to immunity is a vaccine.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm not sweating enough, the humidity is still a tad too low.
Its that season for sure, this hail storm had that slight neon glow to it!

It might be an omen of your spring to come.

I'm not alone. I've seen others post similar thoughts. It seems daily life these days is more like a Stephen King novel.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
It might be an omen of your spring to come.

I'm not alone. I've seen others post similar thoughts. It seems daily life these days is more like a Stephen King novel.

Good thing they are only 24 hours long.
And spring is storm season just like it's flu season now

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That's not a thing with flu. There's no immunity, people can get it twice. It's already happening in Asia.

The only way to immunity is a vaccine.

Even if you were to develop immunity after recovery, it still takes a population with 60% immunity or more to provide herd immunity.

I'm not disputing you one bit. Just the whole answer is a long one. The simple answer is society as a whole is unprotected right now.

Edit: From what I've read is immunity is unknown. Why? Not because of a lack of immune response, but because of it's ability to mutate. This is why we get a new flu shot every year. Viruses are always changing.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey maybe me and the wife are imune now!
Small herd mentality.

Until it mutates and your existing immune response isn't enough for it. This is the unknown. There's much that isn't known about this. It will be found out though ...

On a different note, during my week off from work, I caught quantum board virus. This morning after fighting it all week, it got the best of me. I've got two - 240w lm301h boards on the way.

Watch out, quantum board virus is highly contagious and dangerous to your credit card.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
On a different note, during my week off from work, I caught quantum board virus. This morning after fighting it all week, it got the best of me. I've got two - 240w lm301h boards on the way.

Watch out, quantum board virus is highly contagious and dangerous to your credit card.

Yeah, I caught that chit in January.
And I started having a relapse when I heard about the stimulus check.
Can't catch a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom