Correct Light Spacing

• Thread starter yayarea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yayarea

After reading many posts on the spacing I am now confused again. I thought the spacing was 40inch from stem to stem with the bulb dropped in the middle of that. I had widow make me a cad with 50inch stem to stem. Now I just read that it is 40inch from stem to bulb. What is DDs original spacing? Staggered light pattern is what Im after.

O X O
X O X
O X O
X O X
O X O

Y

YoungDro

I think i figured it out, okay the reason there is confusion is because originally doubleds was setting his rooms up with rows of plants and rows of light which is inneficient because plants in the middle get huge and the ones on the side are small

it is better to stagger them, correct and you do want 40 inches from plant to plant diagonally--but from side to side it will be 4 feet 8 inches......it is shown in the thread light spacing and layout...i am doing a 10 lighter so i would need 12 by 15 ft. or 15 by 20 if i want walk around room

M

mrdizzle

your gonna have to ask DD if he mean stem to stem or bulb to stem, some people thought he meant stem to stem, I believe he means stem to bulb. is original room has two different light layouts, one side is the oxox pattern the other is rows, its due to the room design. rows you can space things closer, because there isnt a 1000w bulb that needs to be placed inbetween the plants and have at least 8-in inches around it on each side

I have 6ft stem to stem and the plants have to be tied back or they will touch the bulbs and Im not growing 4 pound plants, and my plants are probably larger than DD but yeild a lot less, DD doesnt yeild 4lbs off a kush. STRAIN is the key to your spacing, I will quote JK who said its easyer to design a room around a strain than make a strain work in a room

IM on my 6th MPB run, and no plant smaller than 5.5-6ft wide isnt going to give me over 1.5per plant, so thats a 60-70in wide plant, two 60-70in plants would nee to be at least 6ft apart, 35in from each stem to the end of one sides branches

now consider a 1000w bulb needs to find its way inbetween those 2 plants, so add at least another 12 inchs equaling 80in, or 40in from stem to bulb

If I were you I would try to set your system up, where you can make a couple different holes in the 4in PVC to accomadate different sized centers, because I can only tell you what works for me, and it might not work for you

Your going to tweek this system once you have your first run, and find out what works for you. The system will give you some amazing results, but like DD did , you have to work at it just like you did when you learned on a flat garden.

youngdro, the smiths house, a 44 lbs ten plant was 10x25 or 12x25 I remember becasue its was the same size as my girls room, and we were laughing because she pulls 1/4 that weight

D

DazedNconfussed

Is there a reason MPB users dont use flexible tubing between buckets so they can adjust the system as plants grow larger always keeping the light as close to the plants as possible through out the grow?

M

MediMary

http://invalid.com/janpoaAcc
does anyone know how to embed a photo that is uploaded on piratebay??

here is a four plant setup is this correct?

A

antimatter

Do yourself a favor and either have your lights daisy chained so you can move them and adjust there spacing or put chicken wire on the ceiling and hang em off of that with chain and climbing clips.. plants arnt all gonna uniform in size and unless you know the strain your growing perfectly there really is no telling 100% how your lights are going to be set up in the end

C

canaguy27

i was looking at 50" from center to center and it looked to close.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

DDs is 40" stem to stem, Coxie is 37" stem to stem, Jack Mayoffer is 40" stem to stem except for the rows that are more for access.
See

:icon_spin:

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

does anyone know how to embed a photo that is uploaded on piratebay??

here is a four plant setup is this correct?

There is no correct distance. Its what works with the plant your growing. To get the results DDs gets you need to grow a strain a bunch of times and know how it grows.

If you space the lights too far apart they will grow bigger (long internodes), its ironic.

DDs has thanked me for my drawings here in MPB land and if I was drawing them too close together he would have told me.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Do yourself a favor and either have your lights daisy chained so you can move them and adjust there spacing or put chicken wire on the ceiling and hang em off of that with chain and climbing clips.. plants arnt all gonna uniform in size and unless you know the strain your growing perfectly there really is no telling 100% how your lights are going to be set up in the end

Great idea!!
The drain pipes are harder to deal with.

A

antimatter

Great idea!!
The drain pipes are harder to deal with.

Thats easy just change the drain hose length the pipe can stay in place. Spaghetti lines can easily be changed. I daisy chained in my current room but chicken wire on the ceiling is the best way to go it gives you tons of flexibility, and you can even use it to attach your string/yoyos.

M

mrdizzle

I guess my fear is people will set up the 40in, and after vegging the plants for a week or so they will flip because they are getting close to the bulb and end up with a 3ft wide, 10oz plant instead of a 5ft wide 1-2# plant.

Looks like there will be a lot of new MPB rooms popping up with 40in stem to stems. I am interested in seeing if others can make 40in stem to stem work with the xoxo pattern and if not you can always change it around your second run

Hopefully DD can come and clear things up but I have a feeling he will say its has everything to do with your strain

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

I guess my fear is people will set up the 40in, and after vegging the plants for a week or so they will flip because they are getting close to the bulb and end up with a 3ft wide, 10oz plant instead of a 5ft wide 1-2# plant.

Seems to me most folks are over growing their rooms not under growing.

M

mrdizzle

right, overgrowing a 40in center

"The StrawBerry Bubba is a fuckin monster I measured it yesterday and it was 50" tall and all of them are growing into the plant that is next to them...Good shit....JACK"

if he was using the xoxox pattern then those plant would grow into the bulbs, and jack has already stated he will be using 50in center next run, still in rows so hopefully that should show you how little spacing 40in is

jack uses rows, rows can fit bulbs in-between the rows because diagonally the plants are further apart than 40in, side to side there would not be room to fit bulb

the two over grown ones that I know of are mcattack and coxie both had 40in centers, and both did rows instead of the x0x0 pattern. I spoke with mcattack and he wasnt thrilled with his results with 40in centers and he said he didnt get more than a 1per average, and at 40in center in row mind you, every plant was completely grow into each other. I also over grow my room on 6ft stem to stem and didnt get 4lb plants with casey jones and had kolas as big as a baseball bat

I have only seen a couple threads people actually run the MPB, a lot of people talking about setting them up and a lot of CAD drawings but not a lot of actual grows

Feel free do what you wish guy, Only trying to give real world advice, diagrams are nice but things change when real plants are involved and not computer designed circle

best of luck to all, peace out

D

Donkdbz

Hey thats what I do

ceiling.jpg

A

antimatter

hooks and set light footprints are terribly annoying with verticle, it only works properly with horizontal because you know its 4x4 or 5x5.. but with vertical man depending on how much light each plant got in veg and how vigorous it was and then how many sides of light there getting in flower, it all changes. You could have a 5 foot wide plants and 3 1/2 foot wide plants all in the same room, and they might be 5 foot wide one way and then 3 foot wide the other way.. nothings gonna be perfect and uniform even though your using clones theres just to many variables.

M

mrdizzle

nothice that side to side is 40 in, but diagonally is it much further than 40in which is the only reason you can drop a bulb inbetween those 4 plants

UCXXL OVER 06
Top Bottom