Correct Light Spacing

• Thread starter yayarea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

easypleasie

Feel free do what you wish guy, Only trying to give real world advice, diagrams are nice but things change when real plants are involved and not computer designed circle

best of luck to all, peace out

I completely agree with dizzle. Before you guys build your system, use a little common sense and do a little reading on farmers that have grown trees. Dizzle is giving you excellent real deal experience here.

Nothing like real plants in the room for things to really make sense. Pictures can't represent how amazing they are when they get big.

If you guys wanna do your stem to stem 40" centers, lol go for it! At least you're trying to grow trees and not just "planning" or "teaching"...you'll soon find out what works for your space and strain. Dizzle and I have both given our opinions on the spacing...listen or not, you'll figure it out one way or another lol.

G

GBOOST

I've put a lot of thought into my room, as its a lot of money to spend to not do thing properly. Plant and light spacing has been the big issue all along due to space constraints, recommendations vs experience etc etc. I am doing 2 rooms identical, 2400x2400, just shy of 8 feet for you imperial folk;) Size and light restraints are power and room related.

I am doing a 4 plant and 5 light setup, as this will give all 4 plants identical light, from 3 sides, hopefully making growth a little more iniform, and also giving more room. It will be the typical xox pattern, which I have worked out will give me around 30" plant stem to bulb, and 44" plant to plant on the diagonal, which they can grow into each other as there will be no light on the diagonal. The lights are all cool tubed, and the air thru them is conditioned as well, and brought in from outside the room, and umped outside the room, it will be fully sealed. I'm also running new Sunpulse lamps in one room, which run cooler and have slightly lower lumen output compared to typical HPS, tho I will find out as they will be growing side by side.

Would I like to open up my spacing?? Hell yes, but I can't. But I think with the conditioned cool tubes the plants will pretty much be able to grow onto the bulbs, and allow a 5 foot plant to squeeze in there. Lucky I like it tight:rasta2:

Ozzie

M

mrdizzle

I think you will be ok bro, you can tie back the branches to the cage if shit gets too close, one thing about the plant touching the bulb thou is it limits the spread of the light.

Im trying to figure out how 5 lights can total 2400w thou lol

G

GBOOST

Haha, you guys are a cracker, 2400mmx2400mm dimensions, or 1.5" short of 8 feet x 8 feet room dimensions. I am running 5 x 1000 watt lights in cool tubes, with a flip unit so I can run 2 rooms at once. I will be running Sunpulse 1000 watt lamps in one room, new lamps designed for digital ballasts and said to last up to 2 years with no lumen loss, but a lot of reports are less yield (with better quality), so I'll be doing a side by side comparison with HPS's in the other room.

As far as the plants growing into the light, they'll only just make it at a guess, they have to hit a full 5 foot to touch the light, but to some extent its probably 6 of one, half a dozen of the other because with the cool tubes I think running the lights further away would have a similar effect in loss of yield as the light being blocked once they hit 5 feet. I'm not expecting big things first run or 2 anyway, I'll be hapy if I get close to 1 per plant:nod

Ozzie

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Is there a reason MPB users dont use flexible tubing between buckets so they can adjust the system as plants grow larger always keeping the light as close to the plants as possible through out the grow?

Hey dazed I use flexible tubing for my drain hoses and vinyl tubing for my feed lines which remains stationary. If certain plants begin to outgrow their space, they can easily be moved by just adding a longer or shorter piece of flexible tubing where the tub tees off from the vinyl stationary feed line. That way all feed lines, drain pipes and lights can remain stationary while the tubs and plants have some flexibility to move around.

Theres a few pics in my thread that illustrate this.....

Giddeon

Giddeon

Hey thats what I do

ceiling.jpg

I love that! I think I'm going to go buy some chicken fence and put that up today, it fits right into my build!!
I have grown my strain into a tree before and would have loved to have been able to move the bulbs this easily!

Top Bottom