Correct room temperature and humidity to burp jars

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Andy

Andy

Hi all,

I've grown for years, but am only just learning about curing. I've just cropped & filled some 1L Kilner jars about half full with bud (smells quite green) . The humidity in the jars is leveling out at about 64% so about right I think. My questions are:

1: I'll burp 3 times a day for the first few days, then once a day for 3 weeks and then once a week for a further 2 months - does this sound about right?

2: Should I use 62% Boveda packs in the jars to make sure the humidity is always right?

3: What is the right ambient temperature to keep the jars?

4: What is the right humidity of the room for when I open the jars? i.e. if the room humidity is 45% is that too low?

5: Should I burp the jar for just a few seconds each time, or should the lid be open for much longer - i.e. 5 to 10 minutes?

Thanks!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I do all this by touch and smell. Every plants flowers can be different. But as a guideline what you wrote sounds like the instructions in jorje cervantes book and that is what i followed to start. Minus the boveda packs that dont belong in the jars in my opinion.

I think its kind of an art. But after all this time growing my buds taste and smell good right out of the drying closet.

Overnuting and other variables are why bud smells “green” instead of more like its supposed too.

Oh my open jar environment is 45-60% humidity and 66-72 degrees farenheight. Same as my growrooms and whole house.

Andy

Andy

I do all this by touch and smell. Every plants flowers can be different. But as a guideline what you wrote sounds like the instructions in jorje cervantes book and that is what i followed to start. Minus the boveda packs that dont belong in the jars in my opinion.

I think its kind of an art. But after all this time growing my buds taste and smell good right out of the drying closet.

Overnuting and other variables are why bud smells “green” instead of more like its supposed too.

Oh my open jar environment is 45-60% humidity and 66-72 degrees farenheight. Same as my growrooms and whole house.
Thanks for that. Overnuting - this sounds right. Is this overnuting a factor all the way through flower or just the last 2 weeks (flush)

what other variables should I be looking out for to avoid the green smell, apart from correct drying & curing?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for that. Overnuting - this sounds right. Is this overnuting a factor all the way through flower or just the last 2 weeks (flush)

what other variables should I be looking out for to avoid the green smell, apart from correct drying & curing?

Just try to keep plants a nice medium green their whole life. Marijuana is an accumulator plant. It will likely take up whatever we put in the medium. So the goal is to only give what it needs and no more.

They planted weed around the chernoble site because it is proven to take up even the radioactive material in the ground. The weed cleans the disaster site for future vegetation.

Also a stable hospitable environment with no surprises is key.

Andy

Andy

t
Just try to keep plants a nice medium green their whole life. Marijuana is an accumulator plant. It will likely take up whatever we put in the medium. So the goal is to only give what it needs and no more.

They planted weed around the chernoble site because it is proven to take up even the radioactive material in the ground. The weed cleans the disaster site for future vegetation.

Also a stable hospitable environment with no surprises is key.
Really appreciating the advice. I’m keeping them at about 1.8EC at the moment - so to keep them lighter green, should I lower that to say 1.4ec and just flush regularly throughout the cycle?

Latest posts

Top Bottom