Correct Terminology: Strain vs. Variety

• Thread starter jcom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr. Greeny

I was addressing the way you said Jorges book misinforms people.
That's all Mr. Greeny

edit: That's all I was mentioning is that Jorge's book isn't full of misinformation and then proceeded to say He was just printing a botanical definition in the book and here is another source for that botanical definition.
I apologize if you took it as more than that.

I never said anything about his book or videos misinforming people! Reread my post bro. I own his bible. I was referring to people being misinformed on were growing information can be found. I know it might of sounded the other way.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
This does not prove he is an idiot. This just proves that people that buy his books and videos are misinformed. It does though prove that he is a marketing genius. Don't ever hate the player!

Remind me where you didn't say something about this proving that people who buy his books are misinformed.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Sweet, thanks for being civil. If you own the bible from Jorge you know he is legit...lol

C

critical

hey hey hey, lets not get arguing over who uses what term for what man there harsher things to be pissed about right? they might of used that term then, i hear alot of people use what i stated wer im from, it does not matter!! they pretty much could mean the same thing for both, tomayto tomato, kinda.... lets stay high n happy anyways, keep it green

M

Mr. Greeny

Let's see if the second edit makes more sense! lol! Thanks for showing my mistake...

Venom818

Venom818

Sweet, thanks for being civil. If you own the bible from Jorge you know he is legit...lol

I love that book lots of good info.i always recommend it to people that are beginning

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
It's totally all good guys, I just was pointing out something to MR. Greeny and he agreed after rereading his post. I'm pretty darn observant for being Misinformed...lol
Just had to use that word for you Mr. Greeny! And the pics I put up are just a real Botany book using Variety in some context for everyone.
REgardless of what one extracts outta that paragraph or two, it's just information that is all. I use Variety you use Strain. Tomatoe/ tomato

Reactions: B.a
T

TreFarmer

I smoke a whole variety of fine strains;)
Put that in the next book:D

Reactions: B.a
Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Variety is a natural occurring cross of the same species, cultivar has had human intervention to create it. When describing things in the plant world it goes like this

Genus. >. species > Variety. Or Cultivar

G81. Hope that helps

P.s. Sometimes you get crosses between different species, this then changes the botanical wording system.. Genus species X species Variety if it occurred natural, if not it would then end in a Cultivar.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Buddy Hemphill your acting like a little child....do you always have to be right or something? show respect for this website....until then your banned for 7days....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom