Could anybody give me a rough guess

• Thread starter Eclipted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Eclipted

Hey so I know this question is kinda dumb but this is my first ever grow and I’m curious. Could any of y’all give me a rough estimate of what you think I could yield off my plants? If I count each bud sight that is actually worth counting and consider it a gram I have 116. Obvi some of those bud sights are bigger some a little smaller. The top buds on my biggest girls are 3/4 fingers wide I’m on day 40 from flipping 12/12

Could anybody give me a rough guess
Could anybody give me a rough guess 2
Could anybody give me a rough guess 3
Could anybody give me a rough guess 4
Could anybody give me a rough guess 5
LilBean1013

LilBean1013

Hey so I know this question is kinda dumb but this is my first ever grow and I’m curious. Could any of y’all give me a rough estimate of what you think I could yield off my plants? If I count each bud sight that is actually worth counting and consider it a gram I have 116. Obvi some of those bud sights are bigger some a little smaller. The top buds on my biggest girls are 3/4 fingers wide I’m on day 40 from flipping 12/12
Honestly without knowing alot more about your set up and plant along with nutrients ect....... it's gonna be hard to give u a guesstimate on that .

But it's looking like she stretched pretty good on you . Might not be a world record amount but hell if u get it to go full and successfully dry , anything you get out of it your gonna be happy.

My bad not much input .
But best of luck bud . First grows going pretty well for u.

E

Eclipted

Honestly without knowing alot more about your set up and plant along with nutrients ect....... it's gonna be hard to give u a guesstimate on that .

But it's looking like she stretched pretty good on you . Might not be a world record amount but hell if u get it to go full and successfully dry , anything you get out of it your gonna be happy.

My bad not much input .
But best of luck bud . First grows going pretty well for u.
Hey man if I can get a bowl out of it I’ll be happy 🤣😭 They’re in 3 gallon pots getting flower stacker and sweet and sticky nothing crazy. Im using fox farm ocean forest for my soil, the light is a kingled1000w which I mean for 68$ I really can’t complain it’s done a fairly good job I got it in a bigger space than it can handle for sure but it’s what I got to work with so 🤷🏽‍♀️ not sure strain or anything like that I will say my soil is running a high ph and I had a nute lockout last week from cal mag over use. First timer mistake yknow. They plumped up real good after the flush and they’re getting bigger everyday

E

Eclipted

You're going to want a better light. And check out some grow threads. You are having a poor yield. How many watts of light you running?
I’m using a kingled1000w but I don’t think it really puts off 1000 I read in reviews it’s more like 200 but honestly I have no idea. I’ve been on here for a while now learning and stuff I’ve had a lot of ups and downs lol. Improper training, lighting, soil, etc. the way the buds are looking now I’m thinking I can get maybe 2 zips off all three plants which would make me more than ecstatic lol

Ponky

Ponky

Well. If you can grow that with a junk light. A proper LED array would give you 8x to 10x more for the space. Of a higher denser quality. So. Consider an upgrade to a LED array. A new style one. I'm using Phlizon. Work great.

LilBean1013

LilBean1013

Well. If you can grow that with a junk light. A proper LED array would give you 8x to 10x more for the space. Of a higher denser quality. So. Consider an upgrade to a LED array. A new style one. I'm using Phlizon. Work great.
Yea man. I also run #phlizon ..

We have two from them. One is a PL4500 450w and the other a PHX4 240W .. they are well worth the money imho.. just for when or if u decide to upgrade definitely look into them!!

My first grow was with 100w spiderfarmer lights ull get there bro . Your first grows surviving so u just have tweets to make.look into promix hp-m. Bales of it are like 30bucks (I think) and it's ALOT Easier to deal with . Fox farm usually runs hot hot...

But make some tweaks from what u see . Def move the light in the best u can use a meter app .
With that light I'd use a ppfd Meter. Like TENTBUDDY If u have a iPhone u can use PHOTONE . Use that to get the light distance dialed in so it doesn't stretch on u. .

But. Like u said . Just getting a bowl or anything that Is actually smokeable for ur first time.

You'll be stoked. Just trust the drying process bro. Don't rush that shit but don't let it get moldy ... any questions when u get there fire them out lol.

Again best of luck, we're pulling for Ya.

Ponky

Ponky

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I'm guessing a couple ounces, total, dried. Here's how I think about it. A correctly lit tent with healthy plants, trained so there's 100% canopy coverage, on average, will yield about an ounce per square foot, dry. Think a pound in a 4x4. That assumes hand-watering soil and average grower skill. Add grower skill, reduce mistakes, add CO2, switch to hydro, and you can yield a lot more than that. Don't fill the tent, under light it, don't shape plants to take advantage of the light, over-water, over-feed, etc and you get less.

Last edited:
E

Eclipted

My next grow I’ll upgrade my stuff and do it right from the beginning, I’m just in a stage now where I’ve maxed my budget and at the end, this is all just a learning experience.
Yea man. I also run #phlizon ..

We have two from them. One is a PL4500 450w and the other a PHX4 240W .. they are well worth the money imho.. just for when or if u decide to upgrade definitely look into them!!

My first grow was with 100w spiderfarmer lights ull get there bro . Your first grows surviving so u just have tweets to make.look into promix hp-m. Bales of it are like 30bucks (I think) and it's ALOT Easier to deal with . Fox farm usually runs hot hot...

But make some tweaks from what u see . Def move the light in the best u can use a meter app .
With that light I'd use a ppfd Meter. Like TENTBUDDY If u have a iPhone u can use PHOTONE . Use that to get the light distance dialed in so it doesn't stretch on u. .

But. Like u said . Just getting a bowl or anything that Is actually smokeable for ur first time.

You'll be stoked. Just trust the drying process bro. Don't rush that shit but don't let it get moldy ... any questions when u get there fire them out lol.

Again best of luck, we're pulling for Ya.
thank you for all the info ! And yeah bro even if it gets ruined during cure or dry I’ll be upset but it’s all a learning process. This def isn’t my last grow lol it’s the first of many

E

Eclipted

B
Bad news. That light can't give you weight. You can veg with it a bit. But you really need a newer style light for big tight stank buds.
Unfortunately it’s what I’m stuck with for now I cannot afford much more on this grow much less hundreds for a proper light.

I have it turned on both veg and bloom modes so it’s full power. I read that from 6 inches away the center of light will give you a 1500 ppfd but idk what that means.

E

Eclipted

Maybe a Oz per plant. If that.
based on what I can see now I think my 2 big plants will put up at least 20 grams maybe 30 a peice and the small plant probably only a half. But anything I get makes me happy

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I didn't read through all the replies here but there are a lot of factors for yield. Most importantly is strain/genetics. Sativa or indica, lights used, overall size of plant, etc.

If those are sativas or sativa leaning, you probably still have quite a ways to go before they finish out.

Overall rough guess just going off the pictures, and not knowing any of the information above? Yeah maybe an ounce total dry weight.

LilBean1013

LilBean1013

My next grow I’ll upgrade my stuff and do it right from the beginning, I’m just in a stage now where I’ve maxed my budget and at the end, this is all just a learning experience.

thank you for all the info ! And yeah bro even if it gets ruined during cure or dry I’ll be upset but it’s all a learning process. This def isn’t my last grow lol it’s the first of many

Definitely reach out if u need any info on the cut down and dry process.. I'd think about a dehumidifier, they come in handy for sure but like a light you don't want to skimp so maybe look around for a used one that's bigger then u think u need if that makes sense .

Not sure if u got the ppfd light meter app. But tentbuddy is what I use on my android and it's helped me get the DLI (daily light integral, thats mathed out the light intensity with hours of light basically) and VPD dialed in .. (vpd has todo with your temp and humidity) . But tentbuddy can help u with these numbers once u want to dive in the deeps..

Any other questions bro fire away. Hope some of this is helpin out lol.

I

imhigh

Give him more if he just worked the shit out of the plant. Make branches, lots of branches. Eliminate later the lower ones. Will include a pic of one going today at 7th day. No pro but you want more. Plant stretched because light was to far away. She loves being manipulated.

IMG 20230721 144506
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I
Unfortunately it’s what I’m stuck with for now I cannot afford much more on this grow much less hundreds for a proper light.

I have it turned on both veg and bloom modes so it’s full power. I read that from 6 inches away the center of light will give you a 1500 ppfd but idk what that means.
it means you would be burning your plants.
If you could push 8-900 without hurting them you can produce solid nuggets.

Top Bottom