Could Anyone Lend Me Some Advice?

• Thread starter Misshroom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Misshroom

Misshroom

Hi who ever stumbled across this thread. I'm looking for some advice, this is my first time.
Ye okey, so i just watered my plant last night until it startet running, now it's already light and dry in the bottom. the plant is lemon kush, 25 days, pot is 2,3gallons or 9L, 250w hps and 200w cfl. soil mixed with perlite and vermiculite. temp is 77f/25c. temp is steady between 71/21 to 78/26 and at night lowest recorded was 62/17. been getting 1ML fish-mix per L water. should i repot, feed more, just water every day?
Anything would be appreciated :)

Could anyone lend me some advice
Could anyone lend me some advice 2
outnin

outnin

hello there mishroom depending on the size of your growable space I would recomend using 15 or 20 gallon grow bags
called smart pots
http://www.growbagsdepot.com/Smart-Pot-Black-15-Gallon-_p_1045.html
one of these and a full bag of quality soil is just perfect for a plant to get as full as it can get.
those little indicas are happy and growing so will transpire lots of h2o. so yes time to transplant unless you need smaller plants. best of luck to you. below is a pick of an indoor plant grown in coire that I transplanted as stated earlier 4 weeks later you can see the growth. and btw I have to water em every other day. happy plants use a lot of water.

WP 20160701 11 03 08 Pro
WP 20160730 08 52 43 Pro
outnin

outnin

you will get more yield with bigger pots but that space is too small 3 ft is short short . you know what the perfect solution may be scrog look it up but for lo overhead grows it is the bomb as far as yield is concerned.
its a lot of work though

BudBogart

BudBogart

Make certain when you water that the water is not just running down the sides and out. I say that because you mentioned the pot was light the next day. Some soils have a habit of contracting away from the edge of the pots. Your pot should be noticeably heavier after adequate watering.
I can't tell from the picture if your plants have too much water or not enough. Picking them up and feeling is the best way to tell how much water there is.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Here's a tip.

Give them a bit of water to cover the top of the soil an let it sit for half an hour. You shouldn't expect any run off with this. Now that the soil is lightly and equaly moist, give them their water or feed until you get the desired run off.

The thing is, if you let them dry out a bit too much the water will start channeling through the soil and the medium will act like its water repellent. It will find the easiest way through the medium to escape and your pots will still be dry.

By giving them a light watering prior to the final watering/feed, you will avoid water/feeding solution escaping the medium.

Misshroom

Misshroom

that's what i'm been doing, wetting the toplayer, letting it soak, then pour a little and little around the whole stem and working my way out - repate. also been checking the weight, it was super light. I did repot her to a 4,3 gallon smartpot, feed her with double fish-mix (ph: 6.4) and by night, she perk'd right up again! now she do not feel light or looks dry. Hurraay.
thank you all for the inputs. you'r great! :)

Last edited:
outnin

outnin

Hey misshroom, it's going to get easier as you go. if you have a solid organic mix in your pots they will grow great.
Just like a new parent new growers have a tendency to at times coddle their plants. one thing to keep in mind is that canna is a tough ol girl and will survive even extreme underwatering survive not thrive. the trick as I have learned it is to let the soil dry out enough so the plant is not shocked but enough to where it has to put out new roots to find water. new roots means a stronger plant. I think you are doing fine with it all. another gem is to not overwater thats bad mkay if you over water them their not gonna have a good time. and again a proper soil mix such as ocean forest and the wicking action of those bags will naturally prevent overwatering. so rock on misshroom

Misshroom

Misshroom

Yepp! Organic vermiculite, perlite and of course soil. the soil is no canna soil, just bought from a local store =) I try to do so, and not coddle them. I like checking on them, playing some music (the fan is so noisy :P) and mist some. but never go out of feeding or water schedual unless something seems to be the problem. luckly i havn't had one yet:) thank you outnin! nice of you to stop by :)

BudBogart

BudBogart

Yepp! Organic vermiculite, perlite and of course soil. the soil is no canna soil, just bought from a local store =) I try to do so, and not coddle them. I like checking on them, playing some music (the fan is so noisy :p) and mist some. but never go out of feeding or water schedual unless something seems to be the problem. luckly i havn't had one yet:) thank you outnin! nice of you to stop by :)
Be prepared to adjust your water schedule to meet individual pot needs. I thought I could water every two or three days....no, some dry in two days, some three or four.

outnin

outnin

something to consider is drip irrigation you could have a reservoir and hoses going to the plants with valves to control who gets what. drip irrigation stuff is cheap and available.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Your soil could hydro locked i think its called hydrophobic or something. Its where the soil drys to the point it doesnt soak up water like when you mix water and flour, it beads. You may want to purchase a wetting agent like "coco wet" to avoid this issue in the future. It helps water penetrate when overly dry. Until then just water and let it sit in a dish for a few mins then when the water no longer capillaries up dump the dish. Dont let them sit in water with a saturated medium, it stunts growth and causes root rot. Viola! Lol!

Misshroom

Misshroom

I will definitley look in to that, thanks! :)
Have an other unrelated question - just defoilated and did some last topping. how many days until i can start flower? Starting to itch in my fingers, really wanne switch the light soon :P

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Wait till the new tips mature and begin to give atleast 2 nodes. If not those nugs will be smaller than normal due to the immaturity of the growth tips. Remember when initiating flower they begin to stretch and stack so its best to let them grow a bit. Id say a week in soil less medium two weeks in soil. Also when defoliating try not to remove too many fans from the dominant shoots unless theyre already established with fan leaves of there own to feed them.

Last edited:
Misshroom

Misshroom

They're in soil, so about two weeks then. Didn't take many. looked at some before and after pics, and mine doesn't look nearly as stripped. just took the most overlapping. Got some more questions if ya don't mind. does anyone know what these brown spots at the bottom leave is ? Just saw it..

IMG 20160801 071426
IMG 20160801 071436
Rsz img 20160801 093211
Top Bottom