Could my blurple be better than a full spectrum?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fudge

Fudge

I've been wondering this for a while and maybe someone who has more experience can answer this. I've only grown twice but I've grown 4 different strains and they hardly ever have a lot of trichomes on the sugar leaves. Obviously near the bud there's a lot but I see people with sugar leaves that are covered in frost and they don't even necessarily have frosty buds. Is it just pheno or strain? what causes it?

Glookies and gorilla are sugary on the fans, but nothing I grew before that was this covered, I'd love to know too as all the same feed lights environment etc

Elxfeezy

Elxfeezy

Led and this grow sucked balls.
Pretty buds, but the trichs aren’t bussin our the frame. The buds are compact, and because the leaves close to the buds are so bare, you either touch all
Over your buds, or are growing hydro 🤢

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I've been wondering this for a while and maybe someone who has more experience can answer this. I've only grown twice but I've grown 4 different strains and they hardly ever have a lot of trichomes on the sugar leaves. Obviously near the bud there's a lot but I see people with sugar leaves that are covered in frost and they don't even necessarily have frosty buds. Is it just pheno or strain? what causes it?
I think 90% is genetics but I've got a UV supplement light on the way just in case to test some hypothesis lol

Elxfeezy

Elxfeezy

Strain and stress.
Yep. Molasses, and that little trick that creates knots at the base of the stem, and you will need scissors for the leaves and a separate pair for the buds, like I did. The trichomes are the plants natural defense mechanism, stress helps trigger its production.

Fudge

Fudge

Yep. Molasses, and that little trick that creates knots at the base of the stem, and you will need scissors for the leaves and a separate pair for the buds, like I did. The trichomes are the plants natural defense mechanism, stress helps trigger its production.
Molassas is for feeding the microbes?

OK I'm defo out the knowledge is deafening here

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I also saw on one of bruce bugbee's videos that he compared a bunch of plant's that had been grown under the exact same everything except for spectrum and he got almost identical dry weight from each. Can anyone explain that?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
^The only difference I noticed was it took me an extra month to flush but I still don't know if that's what caused it.

Fudge

Fudge

^The only difference I noticed was it took me an extra month to flush but I still don't know if that's what caused it.
Right Las one 😂
I only use it during last 2 weeks in flush to keep the microbial life going in the medium, but havnt enough comparison to say if it works or not. Its pennies to buy and my bud is lovely, so if it ain't broken, don't fix it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pretty buds, but the trichs aren’t bussin our the frame. The buds are compact, and because the leaves close to the buds are so bare, you either touch all
Over your buds, or are growing hydro 🤢
That was peat sunshine #4 trichs on leave are genetics or stress related lol. Im not sure what book you got that out of but nay try another.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

So you're opinion is go with the viparspectra? It's a 2x2x4 tent, do you have any other suggestions for lights because the p1500 is pretty expensive for what it is and the xs1500 isn't available in Canada. I've already looked into the mars hydro and the sf lights and I don't think those are the best options.
I'll probably get ripped over this but I've bought a few chinese qbs off alibaba and they are killing it for me. I also have some hlg qb that are killing it but the price difference makes me want to keep buying from alibaba.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'll probably get ripped over this but I've bought a few chinese qbs off alibaba and they are killing it for me. I also have some hlg qb that are killing it but the price difference makes me want to keep buying from alibaba.
Some things are just like that, I don't have experience like that with lights but definitely with other things.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I won't rip ya for it... guys been killing it with em for years

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I would not because of the issues I have personnel had with said lights. If it was just one fine but I have had 4 bad experiences with Chinese LED lights and while they will get around to getting you replacements if you order from the right company what happens in the mean time. You going to wait 3 weeks for a driver? Hope your plants survive. Saving a few hundred dollars is great provided the product works as advertised without problems for the whole warranty period.
Damn! The last 2 lights I ordered from China arrived in 7 days to the US.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Hello Wanted to show you my Blurple Light and my lovly Ladies, from The new Round i am most amazed about the Jack the Ripper TGA and Dosidos 33 from barney very vivit groth.
Check out the smal leaf branch on Durban Poison look cute :D Pic 1-3
pic 4 Hindu kush auto
5 Amnesia Auto
6 Blue Bullet
7 2x JTR
8 Dosidos 33

Hello Wanted to show you my Blurple Light and my lovly Ladies, from The new Round i am most amazed about the Jack the Ripper TGA and Dosidos 33 from barney very vivit groth.
Check out the smal leaf branch on Durban Poison look cute :D Pic 1-3
pic 4 Hindu kush auto
5 Amnesia Auto
6 Blue Bullet
7 2x JTR
8 Dosidos 33
The pictures alone hurt my eyes! How do work with those lights on? Whats up with those buds anyway some of plants aren't looking so good. Whats going on there?

Top Bottom