Could my blurple be better than a full spectrum?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I also saw on one of bruce bugbee's videos that he compared a bunch of plant's that had been grown under the exact same everything except for spectrum and he got almost identical dry weight from each. Can anyone explain that?

yes. Intensity (wattage) is primarily responsible for yield. Spectrum more shapes the growth patterns of the plant and if the flowers are very leafy or have a low leaf to calyx ratio. That sort of thing.

happynessistheway

happynessistheway

Yep. Molasses, and that little trick that creates knots at the base of the stem, and you will need scissors for the leaves and a separate pair for the buds, like I did. The trichomes are the plants natural defense mechanism, stress helps trigger its production.
Molasses feed the Healthy mikrobes and funguses that keep feeding your plant. (you need that mykorrhizzha and rhizobakteria to profit from molasses)
Plants can use L-Amino Acids "as a shortway to photosynthesis from 0" plant can deal with stress bedder growth faster etc.

The pictures alone hurt my eyes! How do work with those lights on? Whats up with those buds anyway some of plants aren't looking so good. Whats going on there?

Hey i have bought myself some M3 Green anti UV glasses its a usefull investment especially as i had to soldier a few times and watch if it works :D
that was some bright as star shit especially royal blue diodes are dangerous keep your eyesight use glasses
mostly i just look from aboth, the hindu kush looked perfectly black under blue red :D
or i just open up and use white light and turn growlights off.
has anyone an idea when i wil harvest the Durban Poison, i want to reveg this and have small veggies up to 10pcs how much light should i use from my equipment and is 15/9H enough light for reveg?
alltogether i have 4x90W RRB + 150W RBB + 45W R + UVB 25W
how much should i use in veg on 1,2m x 1,2m x 1,80m?
i guess the UVB and Red could be turned off then but would be still to much power i guess, what you think?

Thanks for all of you especially gorillagluearon
Cheers to all you enjoying some Amazing Amnesia :)

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
yes. Intensity (wattage) is primarily responsible for yield. Spectrum more shapes the growth patterns of the plant and if the flowers are very leafy or have a low leaf to calyx ratio. That sort of thing.
That's weird because with my last grow, I got just as frosty buds on the plants that got towered over by the taller ones, I just got a lower yield from them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's weird because with my last grow, I got just as frosty buds on the plants that got towered over by the taller ones, I just got a lower yield from them.

There are lots of variables. Plants grow only to the least available one. The limiting factor.

All this light talk is silly. The benefits are in diminishing returns. Learning to garden properly and keeping a stable hospitable environment and proper nutrition is more important to results than what spectrum for example.

with the same nutes, light, everything and about 2 years of pracrice i went from a 2oz average per plant to a 5 oz average.

again. Everything stayed the same. Even the seeds

beluga

beluga

Learning to garden properly
That's the nail in the coffin for all these discussions.
I definitely noticed a lot more resin production once I switched to LEDs... that's about it. And that could have easily been due to LEDs providing better temperature stabilization.
The science is there for all the spectrum talk. But that's all optimization... you can't further optimize if you're not providing the optimal foundation.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
There are lots of variables. Plants grow only to the least available one. The limiting factor.

All this light talk is silly. The benefits are in diminishing returns. Learning to garden properly and keeping a stable hospitable environment and proper nutrition is more important to results than what spectrum for example.

with the same nutes, light, everything and about 2 years of pracrice i went from a 2oz average per plant to a 5 oz average.

again. Everything stayed the same. Even the seeds
+1 on this for me. Especially the first time I run a strain/cut. I have plants flowering under a $60 light right now doing great and I can see where a better light might help them a little but like MIMed said, everything else has to be perfect first. 👍

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's the nail in the coffin for all these discussions.
I definitely noticed a lot more resin production once I switched to LEDs... that's about it. And that could have easily been due to LEDs providing better temperature stabilization.
The science is there for all the spectrum talk. But that's all optimization... you can't further optimize if you're not providing the optimal foundation.

I am not saying this to brag. I practiced with 100’s of plants in a row to get the results i have achieved. But my one grow nute bottle grown only 600w HPS only flowers tend to look frostier than most with special additives and uv lamps and unicorn piss. And the strains are not newer extra frosty ones. Just old school hybrids.

You have to work the light and you have to give proper nutrition. Doesnt matter which brand light or nutrients. ;-)

Our time here would be better spent talking about how we garden than what we use. Then when we know what we are doing and what we want out of our plants then discuss spectrum and products.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol i agree with @MIMedGrower gardening is the single most important thing.

I mean it makes sense to get the best possible light for your needs as light is the biggest driving factor for growth. But if ya just got your learners you may not wanna jump into a Ferrari at 200mph. Some can and do though. Personally I would rather buy for my end game than buy twice and maybe take it easy on the gas petal until I learn to drive.

No single thing is going to make all your grows great. You can have all the greatest equipment but until you learn to garden its not gonna make you Jorge Cervantes. None the less it can help and as you learn you don't need to upgrade.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Obviously it's just my second grow but my thinking was I had these really frosty buds but the light wasn't very strong so I could have gotten a lot more with a better light. I think I just got lucky with genetics or something because I definitely don't know as much as a lot of other people on here who get less resinous buds than my last harvest. Also, I will be getting a better light later on when I get better so why not get it now to boost what I have going until then.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Also one more thing^
I don't know about anywhere else but illegal weed here is minimum $100/oz for pretty bad quality and legal weed is double that so if I get an extra half oz from my next few grows then these lights will pay for themselves.

beluga

beluga

Also one more thing^
I don't know about anywhere else but illegal weed here is minimum $100/oz for pretty bad quality and legal weed is double that so if I get an extra half oz from my next few grows then these lights will pay for themselves.
Lucky. Black and Medical market weed here is still well over $200/oz unless you buy weight weight.
That's always been my perspective with equipment. The cost analysis of just one successful grow is always gonna be so much better than retail.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Obviously it's just my second grow but my thinking was I had these really frosty buds but the light wasn't very strong so I could have gotten a lot more with a better light. I think I just got lucky with genetics or something because I definitely don't know as much as a lot of other people on here who get less resinous buds than my last harvest. Also, I will be getting a better light later on when I get better so why not get it now to boost what I have going until then.

You did very well for sure. Proves what light, nutes, soil, seeds etc. doesnt matter so much. But every grow can be different. And the first 2 dont count according to all the experienced growers and books. Takes 3 just to see whats going on better. I didnt even post online for over 2 years of successful harvests. I felt i had no reason to talk about growing yet. My first grow went great. Second not too good. I know why now but then i knew nothing. And all the reading in the world doesnt replace even a little experience.

Keep going bud. You got the head for this stuff. :-)

growsince79

growsince79

Also one more thing^
200 for shit weed? Where do you live?
The stores here are $75-$300oz. The $300 isn't as good as my homegrown. I haven't tried the 75.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Lucky. Black and Medical market weed here is still well over $200/oz unless you buy weight weight.
That's always been my perspective with equipment. The cost analysis of just one successful grow is always gonna be so much better than retail.
Legal here is terrible, the only way to get good weed here is to find good illegal which costs 250+.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
You did very well for sure. Proves what light, nutes, soil, seeds etc. doesnt matter so much. But every grow can be different. And the first 2 dont count according to all the experienced growers and books. Takes 3 just to see whats going on better. I didnt even post online for over 2 years of successful harvests. I felt i had no reason to talk about growing yet. My first grow went great. Second not too good. I know why now but then i knew nothing. And all the reading in the world doesnt replace even a little experience.

Keep going bud. You got the head for this stuff. :-)
My first grow was going really well but then I get a few bugs and panicked. I bought some spray from a random store and sprayed it but it was super oily so it burned my plants and they died, I don't count that one because it died before I got to flower.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
200 for shit weed? Where do you live?
The stores here are $75-$300oz. The $300 isn't as good as my homegrown. I haven't tried the 75.
My weed is way better than the stores but I can find really good illegal weed that I hope to be able to replicate soon. Those are around 275-300

Top Bottom