Could my blurple be better than a full spectrum?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If your running autoflowers they luv blue light then red, if running photoperid plants you would want full spec, this is bc full spec has red and ir, it may cause your autoflowers to flower prematurely, ( only my theory) with photoperid plants this will not matter bc they flower by cutting the light cycle ie photoperid, i run my autos under blue till they stop growing vertical then flush check ph add Bloombastic and turn off blue and turn on red. 2 cycle.

20201126 081316
20201126 081304
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plants like all spectrums in general ratios to eachother and all spectrums are important throughout the grow. They have different photoreceptors for each and each apectrum contrived to photosynthesis or the biological development.

Autos are no different...any plant will benefit from full spectrum.

growsince79

growsince79

Simply put no it cannot. Now can a blurple grow better plants? Sure a lot depends on grower skill. Only using chlorophyll A and B when there are many more impacts by spectrum i would say no way. While the red and blue may be the most efficiently used by the plant the other spectrums are still important and provide benefits.
The blurple is no match to the new samsung 301 diodes. The new leds have come a long way, but they still have a long way to go. Why is it 40k lux led frys a new seedling, but they thrive in much brighter direct sunlight? In the future people will consider 2020 qbs garbage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The blurple is no match to the new samsung 301 diodes. The new leds have come a long way, but they still have a long way to go. Why is it 40k lux led frys a new seedling, but they thrive in much brighter direct sunlight? In the future people will consider 2020 qbs garbage.
Because sunlight is not always 40k lux 18-24hrs a day . Clouds and time of day make huge differences. Its only peak time on clear sunny days it hits like 110,000 lux. Overcast cloudy day can be like 2000 lux

happynessistheway

happynessistheway

Mixing Blue Red and "White light" is actually very benificial pure blue red is 10% more electricly efficient as white.
Added Farred 730nm can increase growth up to 10% Emmerson Effect
As i know about 1/5 730nm/ 660nm
You can get the plants too sleep faster too with far red.
UVB boosting Oil Terpene and THC Production as THC absorbs UVB esceptionally good. (Deep Blue does that too and UVA)
If you look up the spectra of reputable led manufactorers (LED CHIPS)
even the warmer 3000K High power LEDs dosnt reach 660nm photored which is peak aborbance.
But Cold 6400k+ Have verry high Power outputs of blue and cyan which are very good utilized.
So Enjoy best of both worlds, White Led for Watts per $ + Blue and Red + Far Red + UV for maximizing Quality and Quantity (With higher Efficiency per LED)
So if you want ultra budged grow go for nichia 44w Chips 2x 2700k + 2x 6400k (per chip 15€) :D

Last edited:
UK420Show

UK420Show

Vipar spectra have no more units for UK custumer reviews at the moment, @UK420Show managed to pip me to the post when we were brainstorming about this very subject. hes been sent one for testing to leave a review, but then again maybe with it being a different country and the amazon review will be on the us site, you may have some luck, but vipar defo do have a customer service agent who deals with promoting their stuff so worth a try

This is true her name is valerie she is very easy to find on instagram :)

Cracken

Cracken

all the overseas lights are produced in the same area of China and vary only a little. they all claim the same over inflated results and talk as thou thei light were made better then the next door neighbor.
full spectrum lights still have specific Kelvin that you can choose from. Personally I like to have 3500K full spectrum for my room. years back I was using 4 100W CFL lights and getting yields of 4OZ per plant, so don't get caught up in the hype of a lights name or pretty frame. look closely at the spectral output and the colour spectrum and most important the PPF of the light.

UK420Show

UK420Show

Yes this is true. I also completely agree with you regarding the 3500K or 3200K spectrum as I run a Telos 0010 in my flower tent and the importance of the correct spectrum is paramount when growing our ladies I think it helps alot with keeping the plant growing even if you are having problems. Yup just like anything its a brand name game. I despise this kind of competition. I will activly look for alternative cheaper ways to run my grow rather than spending more money than you are cropping just on nutrients. again my own personal preferance but i find it ridiculous and even some of these so called "Top brand lights" even have problems for instance one of KIND leds lights actully has an led screen on it which is frankly stupid when considering our ladies like their dark and dark only lol Even the light I opted for is very expensive and jokes aside it is a very large and heavy unit the heat sink on the thing is like massive and very heavy. though I do think it is needed to cool properly. each light has its pros and cons and finding the right light for the right space its very hard lol.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I actually disagree, I don't think they're all similar. There are benefits and weaknesses to all of them so it just depends on the buyers situation.

growsince79

growsince79

Because sunlight is not always 40k lux 18-24hrs a day . Clouds and time of day make huge differences. Its only peak time on clear sunny days it hits like 110,000 lux. Overcast cloudy day can be like 2000 lux
Yesterday the sun was out all day my seedlings thrived. Half that amount for 2 hours under the 3000k hlg and my seedlings would be dead. Not all light is created equal.

beluga

beluga

Anyone ever test these dime-a-dozen lights vs buying Samsung diodes from a reputable place?
I have a sneaking suspicion you're likely not getting what's advertised.
If that small pocket of southeast China is good at doing one thing, it's fooling the rest of the world with top notch product label replication.

Fudge

Fudge

Anyone ever test these dime-a-dozen lights vs buying Samsung diodes from a reputable place?
I have a sneaking suspicion you're likely not getting what's advertised.
If that small pocket of southeast China is good at doing one thing, it's fooling the rest of the world with top notch product label replication.

I've git a 20 quid blurple, was supposed to have aluminium base but turned up plastic, put a bad review and got a refund. I loaned it to a friend and it kept 1 plant going OK fir 10 days but not had chance to test properly, just used it to supplement reds in flower

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yesterday the sun was out all day my seedlings thrived. Half that amount for 2 hours under the 3000k hlg and my seedlings would be dead. Not all light is created equal.
Ever see what happens to seedling started indoor and moved outside? Into full sunlight?

Look at this chart on a clear bright day in July. On really bright hot days you can see plants not doing to well either.

120,000 lux is 1000w/m2

In flower I can run as high as 75,000 lux for 12 hrs straight. Not for 2-4hrs like the bright clear sun. Take into account time of day, add clouds here and there most days. Cloudy days are like 2000lux.

So yeah idk what to say but I cant see seedling cooking under 40,000 lux for 2 hrs. Are you actually testing the lux?

Screenshot 20201127 094909 Samsung Internet
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Ever see what happens to seedling started indoor and moved outside? Into full sunlight?

Look at this chart on a clear bright day in July. On really bright hot days you can see plants not doing to well either.

120,000 lux is 1000w/m2

In flower I can run as high as 75,000 lux for 12 hrs straight. Not for 2-4hrs like the bright clear sun. Take into account time of day, add clouds here and there most days. Cloudy days are like 2000lux.

So yeah idk what to say but I cant see seedling cooking under 40,000 lux for 2 hrs. Are you actually testing the lux?
What does happen to seedlings started indoor and moved outside?

Top Bottom