Could my blurple be better than a full spectrum?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@ Aqua Man is there a problem with using a lux meter with Burples?
Yes. It generally picks up green the most efficiently. Red and blue less so and the further you go into each the worse it is. Lix is generally used for indoor lighting not for plants. But if we know the type of lighting we know the spectrum ratios and can convert to par based off the known ratio and the intensity it gives we can then assume the other.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Same wattage light? He is usually accurate so im betting the wattages were different. Or an older hlg vs the new viparspectra.

Too many variables with an open top cardboard walled test in his lit room. Plus par is not a good indicator anyway. Should always be umols of ppf and spectrum shown. But that would hurt a lot of sales.

And a sphere test is needed for credibility anyway. Standard in actual lighting industry. Barely seen in silly weed hobby lighting industry.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Lets say get 8x Intel Stock coolers with copper core (preferebly)
+some power supply 12V is good cool louder 9V optimum
/ +or Bedder a fan controler with a "volume turner" optimal sound to cooling
+ get 4x 2200k chips and 6500k chips
+ Arctic silver thermal glue (wear gloves sticky silver lol)
+Power supply should be a Constant Current Device in this example 44Watts / 39Volts is = 1.13Amps
i would recommend using something like Constant Current with (Little cooler more longlivity) 1000ma = 1A and 39x8 = 400 Volts of capability range of power supply
My first led i have mady by hand with costom color 5W Star Chips and costom made cooler looks frankenstein + copper :D
Wear Electrical protective gloves never work on powered curcuits and keep the protected constant current power supply :)
ps check out Apogee Instruments Bruce Bugbee Light Spectrum about of 40min of dank information :D
I honestly don't know what half of that stuff is and I'm pretty busy right now so I'd rather get a pre made one or pretty close to pre made.

Anthem

Anthem

Hell i would grow with any of those Chinese fixtures... I just wouldn't spend my money on them because I feel there are better options. Exaggerated or not I lose some efficacy and life of product would be a concern... but I would absolutely be able to grow just as good of a product.... maybe have to run em closer and more for coverage but they will absolutely work. Its just the absolute lying and misinfo that pisses me off. But use a par or lux meter and just adjust to the intensity needed... the plants won't know the difference.
I would not because of the issues I have personnel had with said lights. If it was just one fine but I have had 4 bad experiences with Chinese LED lights and while they will get around to getting you replacements if you order from the right company what happens in the mean time. You going to wait 3 weeks for a driver? Hope your plants survive. Saving a few hundred dollars is great provided the product works as advertised without problems for the whole warranty period.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Too many variables with an open top cardboard walled test in his lit room. Plus par is not a good indicator anyway. Should always be umols of ppf and spectrum shown. But that would hurt a lot of sales.

And a sphere test is needed for credibility anyway. Standard in actual lighting industry. Barely seen in silly weed hobby lighting industry.
Agreed... he is generally pretty good at testing them all at the same height etc though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would not because of the issues I have personnel had with said lights. If it was just one fine but I have had 4 bad experiences with Chinese LED lights and while they will get around to getting you replacements if you order from the right company what happens in the mean time. You going to wait 3 weeks for a driver? Hope your plants survive. Saving a few hundred dollars is great provided the product works as advertised without problems for the whole warranty period.
Yeah aside from quality issues... and I'm 100% with you on that

Anthem

Anthem

I'm getting so many opposing opinions, does anyone advise against the hlg 135w qb?
Aaron in the end it really only matters what you think. The only reason why I have posted anything in this thread is because I hate to see people get screwed by down right lies and if I took the time to really look at the visspectra whatever I would find all kinds of things to poke holes in their information. I got lucy. I almost bought some of the spider farmer LED's for the same reason you are having so much trouble making a choosing. I stopped at a Hydro shop and was looking at the spider farmer or something close to it and the tech happened to mention Gavita came out with an LED. I figured that if the maker of the double ended light made an LED it had to be great. I have never regretted that purchase.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I havent tried to defend hps for a while now. No question they are antiquated tech. I wish i had the money to pony up for ferraris, till then my fieros will have to do.

lol. In the 80’s at Atco speedway in new jersey there was a torqued up fiero with a blower that could easily beat a ferrari. It beat the twin turbo race ready buick grand national that was there. A national winner. These are 9 second street cars.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I think that's a perfect fit for a 2x2.
Aaron in the end it really only matters what you think. The only reason why I have posted anything in this thread is because I hate to see people get screwed by down right lies and if I took the time to really look at the visspectra whatever I would find all kinds of things to poke holes in their information. I got lucy. I almost bought some of the spider farmer LED's for the same reason you are having so much trouble making a choosing. I stopped at a Hydro shop and was looking at the spider farmer or something close to it and the tech happened to mention Gavita came out with an LED. I figured that if the maker of the double ended light made an LED it had to be great. I have never regretted that purchase.
Thank you, and now I will go harvest.
I'll stay on though and try to be active.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So yes that lights perfect for a 2x2 but notice he tested at 14.5 inches. Now im wondering where the hlg light at 150w at 14 5 inches was compared to?

Like I was saying less efficient lights like im assuming this one absolutely work... you just need to hang them closer or run them at a higher wattage.

So no matter the lies a company says it still works just maybe not at the height they say which can reduce the even spread a bit. Not the end of the world. But it misinforms ppl that it is the same or better efficacy.

Anthem

Anthem

lol. In the 80’s at Atco speedway in new jersey there was a torqued up fiero with a blower that could easily beat a ferrari. It beat the twin turbo race ready buick grand national that was there. A national winner. These are 9 second street cars.
Mid Engine Car. The Grand National was a beast back in the day. With a mid engine car there is so much more weight on the back wheels it is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
So yes that lights perfect for a 2x2 but notice he tested at 14.5 inches. Now im wondering where the hlg light at 150w at 14 5 inches was compared to?

Like I was saying less efficient lights like im assuming this one absolutely work... you just need to hang them closer or run them at a higher wattage.

So no matter the lies a company says it still works just maybe not at the height they say which can reduce the even spread a bit. Not the end of the world. But it misinforms ppl that it is the same or better efficacy.
He doesn't only test them at 14.5 inches. He tests at the perfect high where the highest ppfd is 1000 right at the center.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Again. Its a hobby way to test. And he is a light seller/ manufacturer. Independent Sphere testing is the standard. Anything less is an amateur selling lights.

Top Bottom