Could my blurple be better than a full spectrum?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
Here's your huckleberry.

yeah like a 240. 2 boards on a single long heatsink.

For a 2x2 you will never need the second board. You are way overthinking this. What you will actually want is a bigger space. Then just add more board kits.
We keep going over this.
2 100w dimmable would be better and I'm willing to put in the money even if it's only a tiny bit better. With the 135w or the 240w, sure it'll be more than enough light but I can't use all of that light because then the part of the plant that's right under the light will be at like 1500 ppfd.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

We keep going over this.
2 100w dimmable would be better and I'm willing to put in the money even if it's only a tiny bit better. With the 135w or the 240w, sure it'll be more than enough light but I can't use all of that light because then the part of the plant that's right under the light will be at like 1500 ppfd.
But it won't be. It will be wasted and overkill. 1500ppfd you gonna need co2 900-1000ppfd is plenty and the light spread off that in a 2x2 is absolutely good.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
But it won't be. It will be wasted and overkill. 1500ppfd you gonna need co2 900-1000ppfd is plenty and the light spread off that in a 2x2 is absolutely good.
That's exactly what I'm saying. The 2 100w's will get me 800-1000 everywhere but the 135 or 240w will get me either 1000ppfd in the middle and 400 on the outside or 1500ppfd in the middle and 1000 on the outside.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't have the space :(
Its your money... im not gonna say there isn't a slight benefit but in practice I dont see it making a difference as the plants overall photosynthesis is what matters. But yes a slight improvement. If you can justify the cost then let r rip bro. One thing is for certain it will be plenty good enough and i fully understand your thinking. Not saying i wouldn't do the same myself. But I wouldn't do it with someone else's money is why I say what I say

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Its your money... im not gonna say there isn't a slight benefit but in practice I dont see it making a difference as the plants overall photosynthesis is what matters. But yes a slight improvement. If you can justify the cost then let r rip bro. One thing is for certain it will be plenty good enough and u fully understand your thinking

As long as the physical dimensions of the light allow it. I can measure mine when I get home tonight.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
Its your money... im not gonna say there isn't a slight benefit but in practice I dont see it making a difference as the plants overall photosynthesis is what matters. But yes a slight improvement. If you can justify the cost then let r rip bro. One thing is for certain it will be plenty good enough and u fully understand your thinking
An extra couple grams over the next couple grows will make it worth it. 2 100w's aren't much more than a 135w.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

hlg says that the short edge is 11" so 2 next to each other will be perfect.
An extra couple grams over the next couple grows will make it worth it. 2 100w's aren't much more than a 135w.
Well I can say you have taken the time to think this through... if you can justify the cost then I think you got it nailed down. As for a potentiometer there is not much to go wrong with these, especially since they will be dimmed down a bit... personally I would be adding it. Larle cause I'm lazy and rather turn a know them move a light lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's exactly what I'm saying. The 2 100w's will get me 800-1000 everywhere but the 135 or 240w will get me either 1000ppfd in the middle and 400 on the outside or 1500ppfd in the middle and 1000 on the outside.

this doesnt matter nearly as much as the led geeks will tell you.

i have no problem flowering my plants under a 600 hps. I have never felt the edges of my space needed more light. And the ā€œparā€ map would be even more
that a light board.

most of this info is just being used for marketing.

bet you dont get or notice any difference between 1 board at 90% or 2 at 50% in that tiny space. Plus the reflective walls make it harsher on plants for light intensity.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i have no problem flowering my plants under a 600 hps. I have never felt the edges of my space needed more light. And the ā€œparā€ map would be even more
that a light board.

bet you dont get or notice any difference between 1 board at 90% or 2 at 50% in that tiny space. Plus the reflective walls make it harsher on plants for light intensity.
I agree. It doesn't matter to the extent usually presented. I dont feel with the 135w in a 2x2 it will make any noticeable difference. But if a couple grams is worth it to someone then it is and honestly good lights to have kicking around no matter what.

Especially with reflective walls... the par map will be really good with the 135.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
Well I can say you have taken the time to think this through... if you can justify the cost then I think you got it nailed down. As for a potentiometer there is not much to go wrong with these, especially since they will be dimmed down a bit... personally I would be adding it. Larle cause I'm lazy and rather turn a know them move a light lol.
I can't start another grow again for a couple months so I'll wait to buy the light/s until then and if it's out by then then I'll get the dimmable one but if not I'll just do it myself. I also realized that my blurple on the blue setting would probably be better to use during early veg as I don't need all that light so I can put off buying it even longer.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter

that a light board.

Maybe you're right. Again, I'm not buying the light for a while so I'm learning more and seeing what new stuff comes out before then. I'm definitely spending too much time thinking about this though. But I'll use this knowledge in the future so why not...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Maybe you're right. Again, I'm not buying the light for a while so I'm learning more and seeing what new stuff comes out before then. I'm definitely spending too much time thinking about this though. But I'll use this knowledge in the future so why not...

lol. I have been reading and discussing this for over 5 years now.

Many of the led ā€œenthusiastsā€ online are on their 3rd and 4th versions. Spending thousands. And the weed looks exactly the same.

Top Bottom