could this be a Potassium deficiency?

• Thread starter codemanwi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

codemanwi

Everything I see on here says I'm having a potassium deficiency problem, but would like this communities opinion. I have 4x4 tent, led lighting, lights on temp is 81-83 with the at 48-57% and I'm growing in 3 gallon air pots with ff cocoa loco soil. Soil pH is exactly 6.5. I'm using steamed bone meal, langbeinite, kelp meal and alpha meal for nutes. I will say I was probably over watering in veg and early, early in flower but have cut back the last week. I could also be blasting it with too much light. The yellowing starts on the edges of the leaf tips, then move down the leaf edge with brown spots on the edges and then the lead edge turns brown and crispy.
Could this be a potassium deficiency
Could this be a potassium deficiency 2
Could this be a potassium deficiency 3
Again, looking for this communities knowledgeable help.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Everything I see on here says I'm having a potassium deficiency problem, but would like this communities opinion. I have 4x4 tent, led lighting, lights on temp is 81-83 with the at 48-57% and I'm growing in 3 gallon air pots with ff cocoa loco soil. Soil pH is exactly 6.5. I'm using steamed bone meal, langbeinite, kelp meal and alpha meal for nutes. I will say I was probably over watering in veg and early, early in flower but have cut back the last week. I could also be blasting it with too much light. The yellowing starts on the edges of the leaf tips, then move down the leaf edge with brown spots on the edges and then the lead edge turns brown and crispy. View attachment 1262843View attachment 1262844View attachment 1262845Again, looking for this communities knowledgeable help.
The new growth is what is important,maybe a foliar feed with help to get the green back.

C

codemanwi

Thanks. What do you suggest I use for foliar feed? I currently don't foliar feed.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Thanks. What do you suggest I use for foliar feed? I currently don't foliar feed.
If I suspected a K deficiency,I would spray with some safers soap or a mild nutrient mix. I like the soap because it adheres to the leaves instead of just dripping off, every time i use it the plants perk right up the next day,it has salts of potassium as an ingredient and if you have any bugs it will kill them at the same time. You can rinse it a cple days later.

C

codemanwi

7 different strains all from Seeds. Same thing happening in all 9 pots. I can see edges of new leaves up top starting to do the same thing.
Clones or seeds?
7 different strains all from Seeds. Same thing happening in all 9 pots. I can see edges of new leaves up top starting to do the same thing.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

That’s not good. Clearly an issue with the soil. @GNick55 and @Moshmen are soil growers I’ll bet they can get you sorted.

C

codemanwi

I know it sucks ass. First grow using all organic nutes with weekly compost tea in soil and this is the earliest I've ever had issues. I just want to make sure this isn't just my over watering causing it and now that I've cut back my watering it will resolve itself or my lights are to close and I need to dial back the intensity instead of dumping more nutes on them. I'm on day 19 of flower and cut back watering during first week of flower.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Something is out of balance but I don’t know enough about things like tea and kelp to point it out for you. Someone will surely stop by. @growsince79 @MIGrampaUSA

Not really sure who uses those kinds of nutes.

C

codemanwi

Thanks for responding and keeping the post fresh. Like you said someone will stop by. I'm not opposed to the previous idea of a foliar feed.

C

codemanwi

When I say I was over watering I was using 1.5 gallons total for all nine plants and I'd do that every 3 -4 days depending on how wet the soil was using one of this cheap soil probes. I cut back because the leaves were getting that swollen look on the edges and the leaves were droopy after each watering for 12 hours and they never perked up.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Something is out of balance but I don’t know enough about things like tea and kelp to point it out for you. Someone will surely stop by. @growsince79 @MIGrampaUSA

Not really sure who uses those kinds of nutes.
I don't use home-formulated nutes. It's too easy to get the ratios off and end results are not always real good. I use Roots Organic terp teas. I use a good number of the products in their product lines. I trust their research and development more than I trust my ability to mix up a better mix by myself.

I do brew my factory pre-made organic tea powder in 5 gallon bucket aerated with a rather powerful air pump over night. It will have a heavy head of foam on top when it's ready. The over-saturated O2 brew jump starts the microbes in the brew which breaks down the organics for the plant's use. Tea should be used fairly quickly after its removed from aeration. It does not take long for the microbes to begin to die off once O2 levels drop.

That's kind of a short version of the process.

C

codemanwi

I also only used other companies mixes, but wanted to give steamed bone meal a try because of the calcium it has. I'm starting my next round in veg, so maybe I'll try roots organics line up.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’m not a coco grower but can i see a canopy picture of all the plants together from above?

Latest posts

Top Bottom