Council Of First Knowledge, Jedi Temple Training Facility

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Wisher really knows his shit. I'd take his recommendations and run with em. he's got the proof to back up his info. He's got me wanting to try coco

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

no....strait coco is fine to.....even with "all the water" still holds 25% oxygen....you could flood and drain in coco...which many people do...3x a day
I have been looking at that too with the autos I got now. How cheap could I build a flood and drain for the 2 autos, and would I have to remove them from the fabric grow bags? I need to see a system set up diagram so I can visualize how to build one. I am sorry I refuse to buy.. Call it the man in me, but I like the challenge of building something...

Wisher really knows his shit. I'd take his recommendations and run with em. he's got the proof to back up his info. He's got me wanting to try coco
Midwestjay, You haven't steered me wrong yet and I have deff met a few good farmers... But I want that system I posted. That is bad ass! But that is what great about this site, there is info for whatever you need. Excellent site and excellent neighbors... Well I got work early....

Wisher619

Wisher619

flood and drain is super easy
4 8'2x2's
1 2x4 flood and drain pan low pro
1 27 gal tote from HD
1 185 gph pump
1 f&d fittings pack

you can keep the fabric bags....perfectly fine....although....they like to hold and build up salts
so....you would have to flush like every 3 weeks or so
after that....stick with plastic square pots
you can run small pots and still grow huge trees

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

flood and drain is super easy
4 8'2x2's
1 2x4 flood and drain pan low pro
1 27 gal tote from HD
1 185 gph pump
1 f&d fittings pack

you can keep the fabric bags....perfectly fine....although....they like to hold and build up salts
so....you would have to flush like every 3 weeks or so
after that....stick with plastic square pots
you can run small pots and still grow huge trees
So when I kind a goofed up hand watering my rockwool, I knew I needed to come up with a different way. Hell I work to much to be hand watering 1" rockwool cubes. I had read about these flood and drain systems before. You seen the pic of the rdwc system I want to run during flower. But for veg, and newly rooted clones, this is cheap to build, and would fit in a lil veg tent and I could take the rockwool from the flood and drain and transfer it straight to rdwc when ready. I see my system and plans coming together. I appreciate all the help!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Long hot day at work!!!!
Anyway Just some update pictures. It looks as if they handled their feeding... They look happy to me! What what I know, I am just a poor boy, from a poor family.... :)The last one is my 6 day old photo delicious candy which came out the gate like a beast, and out grew every other plant. My autos were happy under the t5 but the photo grew straight up into it, and I ended up having to put him next to the others now under the 600 mh. She loves the light. Anyway I know your prob saying that plant don't look that great. Well the part I left out was 2 days ago I knocked her off my dresser in a solo cup and I had to pick all the coco up and put it back in the solo cup. I tried to be easy on the roots and set them down in the dirt again, and filled the coco in, thinking what a dumbass, moving to quick. I almost paid the price, as I have no seed, no stock, just 2 autos and her , and a dream. Oh and 600 on my visa to pay off... This girl is gonna be the mother to some beautiful young girls and from there I will start to build my family.

20160725 193535
20160725 193538
20160725 193552
20160725 193554
20160725 193625
20160725 193632
20160725 193656
20160725 193713
20160725 193813
Wisher619

Wisher619

So when I kind a goofed up hand watering my rockwool, I knew I needed to come up with a different way. Hell I work to much to be hand watering 1" rockwool cubes. I had read about these flood and drain systems before. You seen the pic of the rdwc system I want to run during flower. But for veg, and newly rooted clones, this is cheap to build, and would fit in a lil veg tent and I could take the rockwool from the flood and drain and transfer it straight to rdwc when ready. I see my system and plans coming together. I appreciate all the help!

there is a video made years ago that has everything .....it shows you how to do everything that you are planning....well besides the buckets
the buckets I could probably build for about $150.00
super simple
I will post the video to you
I absolutely love this video

Wisher619

Wisher619

for sure......I remember watching that video like years ago and being super stoked cuz he explains everything for the small time home gardener
super basic and all DIY

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I got 2 questions. Midwestjay and I figured that my ppm was a lil on the high side after I fed them last time(Sat). I never seen no burnt tips, but I had hella light green on the top leaves and new growth. So on my next watering which will be prob tomm or Wed, should I change the nute strength any, or maybe change up the nutes I gave. I gave a ml of superthrive, ml of rapidgrow root enhancer, 2 mg of calmag, and gh flora 3 part nutes( 2 ml grow, 2 ml micro, and 2 ml bloom.)

Wisher619

Wisher619

well.....I dont believe in the superthrive
but for those little seedlings I believe they should be riding around 1.0 e.c. .....since they are in coco it is a real easy fix......flush with the right e.c. which means you can water 3x the volume of water to container with the correct nute amount....
remember....most important.....ph 5.8-6.3 with 6.0 (IMO) the best for coco

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

but for those little seedlings I believe they should be riding around 1.0 e.c. .....since they are in coco it is a real easy fix......flush with the right e.c. which means you can water 3x the volume of water to container with the correct nute amount....
Got you! 5.9 last time, was aiming for 5.8. Thought 5.8 was my target. 6.0..... Tomm night I am gonna flush, and add just my root enhancer and my 3 part GH nutes for mild veg. and see where that puts me on the ppm scale. I would think that ppl would already know the ppm of a bottle suggested mixture, minus in ppm from water source. I buy distilled water sp it never has over 2 ppm from start.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Really 500ppm that small? I was off . That would roast one of my babies. I didn't realize you could go so much higher in co co

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

So in co co do you end up at 2.5-3.0 ec? Are the nnutes just not as available in coco. I just want to understand how I was off so much.I hate giving bad info

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Believe it or not, my delicious candy had the hella light green going on too, and I only gave her the superthrive, root enhancer, and 2 ml calmag. So it has to have been one of them 3 nutes, that has to of caused the light green, and to me It seems, good new growth. I'm freaking ecstatic that I didn't burn them up on their first feeding,,, I know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom