• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toph420

Toph420

G gnome

G gnome

Yea a plumber for sure, a compression fitting might work. It would really suck though if you got it all apart and couldn’t fix it cause then you will have no water until it is fixed..

Eh I’m sure that would work although i personally would not feel 100% confident in using it.
It wud at least fix the leak inside the house till his $10k home equity loan goes thru so he can get a plumber to dig his yard up haha

Toph420

Toph420

It wud at least fix the leak inside the house till his $10k home equity loan goes thru so he can get a plumber to dig his yard up haha

That is true haha.. Shit if it were me i would just dig up the yard myself in a day (depending on how big your yard is, hopefully no concrete lol) and rip out the old galvy and put some PVC in its place all the way back to the meter.

incogneato

incogneato

Main water line coming in the house. Prib 1940 to 1950.
I think its galvanized.
This is my basement wall.
Its leaking on the out side of the wall...
I got to tear a couple bricks out.
Repair the leak with new line
And repair the brick so water dont leak in my basement..
Huge fucking debacle...
Damn, wish I was closer. I was a union brickie for almost 20 years.
Dang bro that sucks.. dealing with galvanized pipe kind of sucks really badly.. you can’t really attach to it without a threaded end so you might end up chasing the pipe further than you think.
That's what I would be more worried about. Galv sucks.

Toph420

Toph420

This pipe is 10 feet under ground. Under my front porch that attaches to my house.
I cant chase it very far.
I got to hook onto it with a compression coupler..thats my only chance...
Oh im doomed..
Im gonna have to tear my whole grow down.Rip out the wall i built then tear out some concrete.. Devastating...

Damn bro I didn't realize you had said 10' underground.. That is going to be a pain in the ass if you have to chase the pipe, the leak is on the other side of the wall correct? It is possible that the entire line is corroded and when you go to put that coupling on the pipe just crushes/crumbles.

One thing you could consider doing would be completely abandon that galvy line and dig a 12-24" deep trench from the water meter to a spot you could get into the house in the same room and tie back into the same pipe and just run PVC..

Wisher619

Wisher619

Damn bro I didn't realize you had said 10' underground.. That is going to be a pain in the ass if you have to chase the pipe, the leak is on the other side of the wall correct? It is possible that the entire line is corroded and when you go to put that coupling on the pipe just crushes/crumbles.

One thing you could consider doing would be completely abandon that galvy line and dig a 12-24" deep trench from the water meter to a spot you could get into the house in the same room and tie back into the same pipe and just run PVC..
I was gonna say the same thing
cut the pipe at the source and run new piping up to where it enters the wall
could even run a new hole in the wall and just leave the old for now
then later when you have time...and have rearranged things
have a pro come out to remove the old from the wall and patch the wall back up

no sense in digging that shit up
leave it where it lay....fuck all that

G gnome

G gnome

Frost line is 42"

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

At the street union where i have to come off of...5 feet of grass then city sidewalk.
Then up hill 5 feet so now we are about 9 feet down. Then across 20 feet of yard and under a porch and threw the wall.
Beleive me i considered running new pvc.
I have ran pvc from meter thru all the house before in houses i used to own.. There is no easy solution..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I might try this..
I knock the a few bricks around it out,
then remove meter, and slide this down and center over crack, and tighten.
The leak is just a dribble but it goes under drywall and of course the dreaded black mold doesnt take long to get a root system built..
Damn, wish I was closer. I was a union brickie for almost 20 years.

That's what I would be more worried about. Galv sucks.
Can you walk me thru laying new brick and sealing that when the time comes?
Im also thinking if the pipe is really bad shape, but my getto rig works,
leaving a trap door of some kind that seals the water out, in case i need to get back in there again..

Im stuck on what to do with the grow. Im gonna feed them real quick tho..

Toph420

Toph420

I might try this..
I knock the a few bricks around it out,
then remove meter, and slide this down and center over crack, and tighten.
The leak is just a dribble but it goes under drywall and of course the dreaded black mold doesnt take long to get a root system built..

Can you walk me thru laying new brick and sealing that when the time comes?
Im also thinking if the pipe is really bad shape, but my getto rig works,
leaving a trap door of some kind that seals the water out, in case i need to get back in there again..

Im stuck on what to do with the grow. Im gonna feed them real quick tho..

If you can get that coupler around the pipe like your saying that is definitely what i would do given the circumstances...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks wish. I was at 100 ppm.
Looked at that chart u made me.
1 ml grow 50 ppm
I needed 200 ppm so i gave 4 x 46 and it came out to 290 ppm..thats pretty good brother..
However i was not able to add any silica
As we are at 6.3 with such a low Ec..

As for the plants, ive deff seen worse after a N toxicity

20171106 173615
20171106 173553
20171106 173537
20171106 173600
Wisher619

Wisher619

Thanks wish. I was at 100 ppm.
Looked at that chart u made me.
1 ml grow 50 ppm
I needed 200 ppm so i gave 4 x 46 and it came out to 290 ppm..thats pretty good brother..
However i was not able to add any silica
As we are at 6.3 with such a low Ec..

As for the plants, ive deff seen worse after a N toxicity
I would see if you cant nock that ph down a little
but wait until it stabilizes
6.3 is way to high for my blood
I would want to be sitting between 5.5-6.2

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Conclusion....

It is my belief, and the position of the Horizan team, that my tocicity came from these factors.

On the night of the 3rd, we added 61 ml of grow.
At that time I also lowered the chiller from 71 to 69
I also raised the c02 from 650 to 1000
Also that night, we had a very warm night with rain, and I started to have a water leak..
The plants were also growing about an inch a day at least!

Here is what happen.
Temps rose to 82-84
lights were about 14 to 16 inches above plants.
Rh was easily hovering around 70%
I had dropped the water temp to 69 which increased the DO,
Which increases nutrient availability...

I put this plant on meth, and took away the water..
I did everything I should have,,,,,,,,,,
to get that fastest and badest groth possible,
but I didn't lower the Ec to correlate with the new parameters of increased transpiration and its water uptake..

I bet you anything boys, if I would of cut the Ec in half that night,, we be talking about some of the most amazing growth this side of the Mississippi...
Well I usually dont slam my pecker in the door more than once to learn something,,,
so we see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom