• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MW7945

MW7945

when the cannabis industry wakes up...its lights out for the small time farmer

I'll agree to an extent. I don't think you can ever automate cannabis to that extent. It's a little more hands on than lettuce. That setup has to be stupid expensive though my god.

I've even though about starting a smaller hydro veg "business" if you will but now that just makes me feel like it'd be a waste of time :speechless:

Wisher619

Wisher619

I'll agree to an extent. I don't think you can ever automate cannabis to that extent. It's a little more hands on than lettuce. That setup has to be stupid expensive though my god.

I've even though about starting a smaller hydro veg "business" if you will but now that just makes me feel like it'd be a waste of time :speechless:
I agree it looks overwhelming....but I have to disagree on the hands on

SOG style growing....
plug clones in @6" out into the flower field......harvest @ 18" fully ripe
2 pools
1 growth
1 ripe
the growth pool is a standard nutrient mx
ripe pool is pure H2O

create a raft that supports each plant.....a single rod with half circle loop at the top 12" high that holds the plant up

my brain already configured it in my head...and worked out every detail......

propagation will be by leaf tissue

easily kept sterile

and the greenhouse would have supplemental lighting...with light dep....it all goes dark

we will for sure see this in the future

when harvesting, they pull the single stem cola, gets thrown on a conveyer belt...through a machine that wet trims the cola, then automated into a dark room completely controlled temp and rh
once dry/cure is complete...each single stem is packaged in a cryovac nitro filled bag....
it will be sold like this
for joint company's there will be facilities that are shipped bulk product and will break it down on a hopper machine and pre-rolled papers will be filled to standard by a robot....

within the next 10 years we will see this.....I promise you

MW7945

MW7945

I agree it looks overwhelming....but I have to disagree on the hands on

SOG style growing....
plug clones in @6" out into the flower field......harvest @ 18" fully ripe
2 pools
1 growth
1 ripe
the growth pool is a standard nutrient mx
ripe pool is pure H2O

create a raft that supports each plant.....a single rod with half circle loop at the top 12" high that holds the plant up

my brain already configured it in my head...and worked out every detail......

propagation will be by leaf tissue

easily kept sterile

and the greenhouse would have supplemental lighting...with light dep....it all goes dark

we will for sure see this in the future

when harvesting, they pull the single stem cola, gets thrown on a conveyer belt...through a machine that wet trims the cola, then automated into a dark room completely controlled temp and rh
once dry/cure is complete...each single stem is packaged in a cryovac nitro filled bag....
it will be sold like this
for joint company's there will be facilities that are shipped bulk product and will break it down on a hopper machine and pre-rolled papers will be filled to standard by a robot....

within the next 10 years we will see this.....I promise you

I guess I don't necessarily mean you can't automate cannabis, but you're still going to require more man power than lettuce I guess is what I'd mean. I feel like you'd still need an entire area dedicated to cloning plants which would require people.

Thing is, lettuce probably takes what a couple weeks to reach "peak"?

You'd need a hell of a setup to make it work I guess, and a lot of money to throw at it. But it's do-able.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I guess I don't necessarily mean you can't automate cannabis, but you're still going to require more man power than lettuce I guess is what I'd mean. I feel like you'd still need an entire area dedicated to cloning plants which would require people.

Thing is, lettuce probably takes what a couple weeks to reach "peak"?

You'd need a hell of a setup to make it work I guess, and a lot of money to throw at it. But it's do-able.
not as much man power as you would think....def serious money
in Cali...multi Billion dollar corps are already buying up spots that are gonna be what you are seeing in that video

there is a facility in my town that is being purchased right now for "processing"

and greenhouses made specifically for 'Cut Flower" is being purchased and transitioned over think of a 10k sqft greenhouse running tables with single stem cannabis plants....just super fat colas as far as the eyes can see

there are a lot of dutch growers in my area of California...we are known for our cut flowers...

Truth is stranger than fiction

MW7945

MW7945

not as much man power as you would think....def serious money
in Cali...multi Billion dollar corps are already buying up spots that are gonna be what you are seeing in that video

there is a facility in my town that is being purchased right now for "processing"

and greenhouses made specifically for 'Cut Flower" is being purchased and transitioned over think of a 10k sqft greenhouse running tables with single stem cannabis plants....just super fat colas as far as the eyes can see

there are a lot of dutch growers in my area of California...we are known for our cut flowers...

Truth is stranger than fiction

But then it begs the question of quantity vs quality. I don't doubt you can get good quality but will it beat joe schmo's thats been growing for 20 years and has a smaller setup he can dedicate time to?

Wisher619

Wisher619

Can you imagine swapping out the water in a place like that though. Looooorrrrdd that must take a week.
it stays constant.....some have catch systems that recycle humidity
and there is a constant nutrient dose system that keeps the nutrients and ph perfect constantly......never gets changed out ever
of course they dose each element.......and the sensors read each element and where it is at ppm wise any any given sec

I do think quality will be as good as Mr. Shmo...as when things a dialed....the only concerns to me are pesticides..
genetics and environment Nutrients/Light/CO2 is what will determine the flower
how it is processed will determine the final product......but my concern is what they may spray.....as in tobacco industry.....

and Cali basically opened the flood gates for commercial to allow all AGG products to be used on Cannabis

that is what the bad news is

but there will be companies that grow with completely sealed facilities that will mitigate such practices...those will be the companies that succeed I believe..."Medical Grade" will carry market value IMO

incogneato

incogneato

I've had maybe 2 or 3 other ones get to this point, and the thing just never comes any further out. So we'll see... been almost a full day with no progress
I think Wish might be right. The root is white still. When mine were dead stock they turned brown after they popped open. @Wisher619 would you consider using tweezers and carefully pulling the 2 ahell halves on one to see if it helps? Maybe the shells are hard as shit?

MW7945

MW7945

I think Wish might be right. The root is white still. When mine were dead stock they turned brown after they popped open. @Wisher619 would you consider using tweezers and carefully pulling the 2 ahell halves on one to see if it helps? Maybe the shells are hard as shit?

Not saying it's dead yet, but I've had a few get to this stage and no further. Thus they die after that. I feel like prying open the shell is a death sentence. Prior to this the only time I ever killed a seed I was trying to germ was me fucking with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom