Council Of First Knowledge, Jedi Temple Training Facility

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So I hope I put this in the right place. I figured I would detail my grow so I could get guidance as I fumble along thru this and give other nubes a chance to see what I do right and what I do wrong and what worked for me and what didn't! So today I am just setting it up and I will add to it once I am off work tonight. So are we ready to grow?????

So here is day 7 ... changed them from my 1 little t5 to my 600 MH at about 4 foot. Transplanted 2 of them into coco last night. ph the water to 5,8 with 1 drop of grow , micro, and bloom to 1/2 gallon of water and pre=soaked the coco before transplanting the cubes into it. I did not water the cubes or give any nutes as i wanted the coco wetter than the cubes with a tinge of nutes I also put a layer of clay pellets at the bottom of the solo cups. I also changed the light from 24 hrs of t5 to 18-6 of MH. I still have 1 cube than need either transplanted into a bigger cube or straight in my dwc... But it has been having a rough start since he popped out with a torn fist leaf. I think i may have over-watered the cubes. I got to learn damn patience! lol

Council of first knowledge jedi temple training facility
Council of first knowledge jedi temple training facility 2
Council of first knowledge jedi temple training facility 3
Council of first knowledge jedi temple training facility 4
Council of first knowledge jedi temple training facility 5
Council of first knowledge jedi temple training facility 6
Council of first knowledge jedi temple training facility 7
Council of first knowledge jedi temple training facility 8
Council of first knowledge jedi temple training facility 9
Council of first knowledge jedi temple training facility 10
MeJuana

MeJuana

Looks good nice setup and I am digging your location also with a window a/c enough distance away not to cause temp stresses but close enough to be very useful. Here's some so called pointers, you can ignore them of course.

You should always pH soak rockwool before use but you can let it dry out after the soak.
You need a little booster fan at least to evacuate the heat from the hood and shoot it at least outside the tent.
If you feel the need to run a/c air through your light hood you should isolate it's air instead. Make two 6 inch holes in the ceiling and suck/blow air from the attic. You want to run an intake duct close to a vent in the attic but exhaust can just shoot up there. (Save the 6 inch cut outs, use a drywall saw they are cheap)

Good luck my bird of a feather.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Looks good nice setup and I am digging your location also with a window a/c enough distance away not to cause temp stresses but close enough to be very useful. Here's some so called pointers, you can ignore them of course.

You should always pH soak rockwool before use but you can let it dry out after the soak.
You need a little booster fan at least to evacuate the heat from the hood and shoot it at least outside the tent.
If you feel the need to run a/c air through your light hood you should isolate it's air instead. Make two 6 inch holes in the ceiling and suck/blow air from the attic. You want to run an intake duct close to a vent in the attic but exhaust can just shoot up there. (Save the 6 inch cut outs, use a drywall saw they are cheap)

I actually got a 440 cfm fan venting my hood back into the room. I also have a vent coming from the side of the air conditioner down thru the bottom vent into the tent. I can control how much air conditioning goes into the tent and into the room. I also can turn my exhaust hood fan down real low ( cost, CO2) and allow my room to be more controlled. Your right tho I do need a little fan in there and my humidity keeps dropping below 45 which I guess I could raise by raising the temp a lil bit and the exhaust fan to keep air flow moving thru the hood. Oh And I did presoak the rockwool at 5.5 for 2 hrs. In the winter I will be venting just the hood but temps outside our high 90's and serious humidity right now... But keep giving me advice because Im gonna need it, mostly about nutes and giving them properly.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So I did take your advice. Kinda. I went ahead and ran my ac thru the hood and out the other side of my tent and to a vent in my room right beside my bed. It is actually cool air and feels good at night when i am sleeping. That lowered my temp in the tent with out lowering my humidity, which was at 35% the other way. Now i can keep it at 45 to 55% ... And my temp doesn't fluctuate as bad now as it used to when the ac would kick on an off. I got a lil fan pulling air in the tent from the room on the floor and exhausting it out the top of the tent back into the room, I also have 2 fans inside circulating air. So thanks for the advice!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I will update with a few pics tonight. Question tho. Can I mix up my nutes then let a bubble stone aerate it for about 12 hrs before I feed? And Second. I plan on watering twice a week. I will use nutes with each watering. Can I use what ever is left over from the first watering that week, and only for that week, esp if I let the bubble stone continue aerating it till the second watering of the week, and then discard after that? I didn't know if the nutes start to break down after awhile.
I use GH flora nutes for hydro in coco...Straight coco. And is 35% humidity really bad for my 2 week old plants. I hear some ppl say you want a higher humidity durring veg. The problem with learning from others, is picking the right persons advice to follow. The wrong advice to a newbie, can have his whole thought process out of wack. But i have found a few ppl to pay attention to around here..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well here is day 16. I would of thought they would be bigger, but I imagine every first grow ppl feel that way. Guess I should be happy I haven't killed them yet! I think if we make it thru the night then I will feel a lot better... I gave first real feeding with 2 ml of cal-mag, 3/4 ml of superthrive, 3/4 ml of rapidstart, and 2ml of micro, grow, and flower to 1 gallon distilled water split between 2 girls in 3 gallon fabric grow pots.They don't grow much so prob ony post pics once a week till their is something to show. I just didn't want anyone to think I was a one and done type a fella :)

20160723 195236
20160723 195249
20160723 195253
20160723 195313
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

If they get droopy just run like 200 ppm through them kinda like a flush. They are a lil small for 360ppm but then again I'm a dwc guy so I'd be Lower at that point. I mix tap with ro water so I start with 100ppm. Then I would bump that up to another 100-150. Just keep an eye on them.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Is that 2 auto's in the dwc bucket? And what is the yellow yoyo looking things? That is a very interesting last pic. You have a few different things going on there. I am gonna have to study that setup. I see we have the same temp, humidity gauge. I also see you got it hanging just under the light instead of on the floor like me. I may have to make an adjustment. I also see you are at about 30 % RH. So that low of RH is not a problem. What kind of problems can arise from low or very low RH?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

And my bad I fell asleep lastrnight when we were yalkinh. 10 hrs yesterday at work in this heat had me drained. So far today the plants look fine with that high ppm. I haven't done anything but just watch them. I am off all day and will be just laying around recuperating from the long work week, gettting ready for the next., and watching these girls today with water to flush if needed. How long can you wait to use nutes you have mixed up? And would running a air stone thru thru it make it last longer, and does that actually help the plants by runnning an air stone in it for a few hrs before hand feeding?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Genetics Caramelo x Cheese
Type 80% Indica / 20% Sativa
Flowering Time 55-65 Days
Harvest Month Late September
THC Content 20%
Yield Indoor: 450-550 gr/m2 Outdoor: Up To 1000 gr/m2
Taste Acrid Backnote, Like Yeast Or Cheese, With Hints Of Liquorice And Caramel
Effect Narcotic Body High
Grows Indoors/Outdoors
Resistance To Mold Very High
Pest Resistance High
Smell Cheese

What exactly does Yield indoor mean,, 450 to 550 gr/m2

gr/m2?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Lol yea that's 2 in one bucket. I thought one wasn't gonna make it. So I started another... I fkd up and Fed them with smart water out one of them and it was high in sodium. Stunned the shit out of them. So I just let them go in the same pot.

It started as a scrog, but being an auto I put the net on too soon. Those yellow things are yoyos. A life save for so many reasons. They start by spreading the plant. And end up holding the tops at the end when they get to heavy for the branches. My OG journal has all the info on the 2 plants.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Genetics Caramelo x Cheese
Type 80% Indica / 20% Sativa
Flowering Time 55-65 Days
Harvest Month Late September
THC Content 20%
Yield Indoor: 450-550 gr/m2 Outdoor: Up To 1000 gr/m2
Taste Acrid Backnote, Like Yeast Or Cheese, With Hints Of Liquorice And Caramel
Effect Narcotic Body High
Grows Indoors/Outdoors
Resistance To Mold Very High