Council Of First Knowledge, Jedi Temple Training Facility

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MW7945

MW7945

Done for the day in there. Changed out timers again. Feeding 6x a day now. Triple checked to make sure all timers were going to shut off at the right time :)

8 rope ratchets = a shitload of rope to deal with

Definitely could've shifted all my plants towards the front of the tent a little as well but eh what do ya do.

With all lights on max/all fans running I'm pulling 830 watts for the entire tent. Not bad.

DSC0302
 DSC0307
 DSC0304
Itzdwoodduhh

Itzdwoodduhh

Done for the day in there. Changed out timers again. Feeding 6x a day now. Triple checked to make sure all timers were going to shut off at the right time :)

Definitely could've shifted all my plants towards the front of the tent a little as well but eh what do ya do.

With all lights on max/all fans running I'm pulling 830 watts for the entire tent. Not bad.
Beautiful setup n canopy u got there brother!!!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not bad at all. Lets see some nice fat colas this time.. Soda cans!

MW7945

MW7945

Beautiful setup n canopy u got there brother!!!

Yeah starting to almost look like I know what I'm doing in there lol

Not bad at all. Lets see some nice fat colas this time.. Soda cans!

That's the plan. Hand grenades baby. Definitely doing better at keeping everything thick enough to have a canopy, but not so thick everything is cut off. This plant is throwing much bigger leaves though. My last ones were some leafy bitches. Lots of small ones

Itzdwoodduhh

Itzdwoodduhh

I just had an idea, instead of changing my feed time or schedule being i have it set perfect for the sourjack. Should i just add 1 more dripstake to the purp since i have 2 extras just dripping into the waste i could maby take 1 out and out put it on a dripper into the purp n turn the valve on to get some extra feed into the purp to get correct runoff. Would it damage the roots too much at this time to try to put a dripstake into the roots n coco?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yeah starting to almost look like I know what I'm doing in there lol

That's the plan. Hand grenades baby. Definitely doing better at keeping everything thick enough to have a canopy, but not so thick everything is cut off. This plant is throwing much bigger leaves though. My last ones were some leafy bitches. Lots of small ones
Your decision, but a snip of a big fan leaf blocking a top, is something i do now and then to get more tops growing at same level....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I just had an idea, instead of changing my feed time or schedule being i have it set perfect for the sourjack. Should i just add 1 more dripstake to the purp since i have 2 extras just dripping into the waste i could maby take 1 out and out put it on a dripper into the purp n turn the valve on to get some extra feed into the purp to get correct runoff. Would it damage the roots too much at this time to try to put a dripstake into the roots n coco?
hell no it wont hurt the roots.. Jab that betch in there..
And that is a perfect idea..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Just thought this was a good read, and not very long either :)

Summary of Nutrient Deficiencies and Toxicities in your high-value crops

The nutrient feeding schedule of your high-value plants is a bit tricky and it’s quite natural for a novice grower to add too much fertilizer to the plants expecting to get better growth. However, this is not the correct way to provide nutrients to plants. Excess salts present in the nutrient solution or growing medium block nutrient uptake that directly affects the growth of plants. This condition is described as nutrient toxicity and/or nutrient deficiency.

There are a number of things related to nutrient toxicity that growers must understand before adding fertilizers or nutrients to their plants. We explain them below:

Understanding Nutrient Lockout: It’s the most common consequence of presence of excess nutrients in the solution. So what exactly happens? When one nutrient is present in large excess, it conflicts with absorption process of other essential nutrients. Thus, plants cannot access that essential nutrient or a group of essential nutrients because the excess nutrient or the toxic substance blocks the roots. Subsequently, plants suffer from nutrient deficiencies due to toxicity. Nutrient lockout can also occur from a chemical reaction in the nutrient solution, which may produce toxic substances capable of altering the chemical properties of nutrients.

Too High or Too Low pH: Nutrients get locked up in the form of undissolved salts and other compounds if the pH is kept too high or too low from the standard. A new grower might reckon that his/her plants are not growing due to lack of proper nutrients, and he supplements the plants with more fertilizers…What happens next? He simply aggravates the condition- the nutrient load increases and plants show abnormal signs of growth. Thus, you can see that nutrient toxicity and nutrient lockout can also occur from pH alterations.

How Toxicity Damages Your Plants

Nitrogen

• Excessive soft and dark green foliage
  • Slow root growth
  • Leaves turn brown gradually and fall off
  • Deformities in fruit and flowers
Phosphorous

Many strains can tolerate high levels of phosphorous. Toxicity can still occur under pH fluctuations. Presence of excess phosphorous interferes with uptake and stability of calcium, iron, magnesium and zinc.

potassium

Toxicity of potassium is quite uncommon. It’s assumed that if your plants absorb magnesium and Manganese very slowly, then phosphorous could prove to be toxic.

magnesium

It’s a rare condition in plants and is difficult to figure out. However, under extreme toxic conditions, magnesium hinders absorption of calcium.

Manganese

• Causes deficiency of zinc and iron
  • Mottling of leaves
  • Chlorosis in young leaves
  • Later leaves turn dark rusty brown or dark orange
zinc

Presence of significant amounts of zinc in the nutrient solution is extremely toxic for plants. It conflicts with uptake of iron. The signs are:

• Plants become chlorotic
  • Plants die rapidly
iron

iron usually doesn’t cause toxicity problems to plants. However, if the composition is extremely high in nutrient solution, it will severely hamper uptake of phosphorous. Bronze patches on leaves or small dark brown spots often indicate zinc toxicity. An important thing to remember is over application of Fe chelators is fatal.

Sulfur

• Reduction in leaf size
  • Stunted growth
  • Scorching of leaf edges
  • Yellowing of leaves
calcium

Excess calcium precipitates with sulfur in the solution itself leaving behind residue in the tank. The solution also becomes cloudy. Furthermore, it makes plant starve for potassium and magnesium.

Copper

• Induces iron deficiency
  • Suppressed root growth
  • Reduced branching
  • Chlorosis
  • Roots become abnormally dark and thick
  • Stunting of plants
  • Reduced branching
molybdenum

Though toxic symptoms are rare, it usually happens due to continuous accumulation. Excess molybdenum causes discoloration of leaves.

After reading this article, you must have understood that adding more nutrients is not the correct way to get bigger and richer yields. When toxicity conditions prevail, flush your plants with water or replace the nutrient solution after checking its pH. Make sure that you read the feeding schedule properly before growing your plants.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Symptoms of Deficiencies and Toxicities by Element
Use this chart as a reference ONLY. This is not a guaranteed diagnosis of your plant and you should only use this as a guideline to help you figure out what your nutrient solution is lacking.

Element Description of Deficiency and Toxicity
N
Nitrogen: Deficiency: Plants will exhibit lack of vigor as older leaves become yellow (chlorotic) from lack of chlorophyll. Chlorosis will eventually spread throughout the plant. Stems, petioles and lower leaf surfaces may turn purple.
Toxicity: Leaves are often dark green and in the early stages abundant with foliage. If excess is severe, leaves will dry and begin to fall off. Root system will remain under developed or deteriorate after time. Fruit and flower set will be inhibited or deformed.
P Phosphorus: Deficiency: Plants are stunted and older leaves often dark dull green in color. Stems and leafstalk may turn purple. Plant maturity is often delayed.
Toxicity: This condition is rare and usually buffered by pH limitations. Excess phosphorus can interfere with the availability of copper and zinc.
K Potassium: Deficiency: Older leaves are initially chlorotic but soon develop dark necrotic lesions (dead tissue). First apparent on the tips and margins of the leaves. Stem and branches may become weak and easily broken.
Toxicity: Usually not absorbed excessively by plants. Excess potassium can aggravate the uptake of magnesium, manganese, zinc and iron.
S Sulfur: Deficiency: The initial symptoms are the yellowing of the entire leaf including veins usually starting with the younger leaves. Leaf tips may yellow and curl downward.
Toxicity: Leaf size will be reduced and overall growth will be stunted. Leaves yellowing or scorched at edges.
Mg Magnesium: Deficiency: The older leaves will be the first to develop interveinal chlorosis. Starting at leaf margin or tip and progressing inward between the veins.
Toxicity: Magnesium toxicity are rare and not generally exhibited visibly.
Ca Calcium: Deficiency: Young leaves are affected first and become small and distorted or chlorotic with irregular margins, spotting or necrotic areas. Bud development is inhibited and roots may be underdeveloped or die back. Fruit may be stunted or deformed.
Toxicity: Difficult to distinguish visually. May precipitate with sulfur in solution and cause clouding or residue in tank.
Fe Iron: Deficiency: Pronounced interveinal chlorosis similar to that cased by magnesium deficiency but on the younger leaves.
Toxicity: Excess accumulation is rare but could cause bronzing or tiny brown spots on leaf surface.
Mn Manganese: Deficiency: Interveinal chlorosis on younger or older leaves followed by necrotic lesions or leaf shedding. Restricted growth and failure to mature normally can also result.
Toxicity: Chlorosis, or blotchy leaf tissue due to insufficient chlorophyll synthesis. Growth rate will slow and vigor will decline.
Cl Chlorine: Deficiency: Wilted chlorotic leaves become bronze in color. Roots become stunted and thickened near tips.
Toxicity: Burning of leaf tip or margins. Bronzing, yellowing and leaf splitting. Reduced leaf size and lower growth rate.
B Boron: Deficiency: Stem and root tips often die. Root tips often become swollen and discolored. Internal tissues may rot and become host to fungal disease. Leaves show various symptoms which include drying, thickening, distorting, wilting, and chlorotic or necrotic spotting.
Toxicity: Yellowing of leaf tip followed by necrosis of the leaves beginning at tips or margins and progressing inward. Some plants are especially sensitive to boron accumulation.
Zn Zinc: Deficiency: Chlorosis may accompany reduction of leaf size and a shortening between internodes. Leaf margins are often distorted or wrinkled.
Toxicity: Zinc in excess is extremely toxic and will cause rapid death. Excess zinc interferes with iron causing chlorosis from iron deficiency.
Cu Copper: Deficiency: Young leaves often become dark green and twisted. They may die back or just exhibit necrotic spots. Growth and yield will be deficient as well.
Toxicity: Reduced growth followed by symptoms of iron chlorosis, stunting, reduced branching, abnormal darkening and thickening of roots. This element is essential but extremely toxic in excess.
Mo Molybdenum: Deficiency: Often interveinal chlorosis which occurs first on older leaves, then progressing to the entire plant. Developing severely twisted younger leaves which eventually die.
Toxicity: Excess may cause discoloration of leaves depending on plant species. This condition is rare but could occur from accumulation by continuous application. Used by the plant in very small quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom